Fly Fusion Forums

Weird things I've noticed while fly fishing

This past summer, with a guide and a buddy on the Bow (Mac to the Weir) I landed a good sized Rainbow which was netted promptly, unhooked and quickly measured. The guide slipped the fish back into the water. The nymph, after removal was dangling from my rod tip at a depth of about 3’. That darned trout took that nymph immediately! I had caught the same fish twice. What a gas. 

• Like 2

Seagull took my City Worker off the surface of the water , I brought him in to the net, but he broke off trying to get him into the net because we wanted to get the fly out of him. He flew away seemingly fine with my freshly tied fly .

• Haha 1

While guiding a couple in BC on a small stream they asked me to marry them. Kind of like a captain of a ship I guess. Told them it wouldn't be legal, they said its OK they already where. We did a ceremony under the pines in my old drift boat. Have always received an xmas card from them every year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Some folks still think that an 8-foot tall bank below the walking path hides them as they smoke/snort/shoot drugs. Little do they realize there are 4-6 fly fishers across the river on the shallow 'inside elbow' watching it unfold!! :o Weird.

I came across a double sleeping bag draped over a large flat boulder along a river once. Contents of the sleeping bag were stacked 2 deep, moanin' and groanin' and doin' the inchworm. I don't believe they ever heard me when I scrambled by in that narrow assed canyon although I did consider tossin' rocks at them for a bit.

• Haha 1