toolman

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pike trip update!!

rocknbugs, please note....you okay with this?

adc and I are advising that item #1, SPRING TROPHY PIKE HUNT, will not be attending 3M. We had noted in the opening offer that "We may or may not be able to go [to] 3M ." After some discussion with our contact we can't make the offer to go there.

However, we will provide a full-day guided pike trip to whichever lake in Southern Alberta presents the best chance at a large pike--or simply some decent pike fishing--hopefully. Because 3M is off, we are also be opening it up to two anglers and will provide 8 or 9-wt rigs including flies for two anglers and we can do at least one extra pontoon boat and two if need be. Lunch, refreshments etc still on us.

Thanks to Toolman for doing this great auction.

Clive

Wow, a guys gone out to the sticks for a couple weeks and comes back to this. Truly amazing the amount of support and efforts by the fishing community. Kudos to the gang for setting this up and also to the fellow anglers that are showing some amazing support.

People want to know or think they are getting a bargain when participating in an auction...I know that I would love to bid on some of these flies but once I know I can go to the store and get it cheaper than the opening bid, enough said.

RnB. Not pissed off. B)

This is a charity auction, not an estate auction. The deal is not about the deals, its about contributing to a good cause.

If you want to pick up a doz flies for a bargain, ask Glenbow. He's got some good flies at a great price.

It probably takes me 2 hrs to tie up a dozen flies if they are all the same and I'm assembly lining them like the Mexican women do (but they probably knock off 6 doz and tied them much better). If I only got $24 contributed to the cause, I'd feel like my time could be better spent. I make more the $24/hr, so why would I spend at least 2 hours of my personal time to get $24 that I will never see? I'd rather just send cash and keep the flies (2.5 hr of tying at the sportsman show produced 7 muskrat nymphs)

I sent Al $50 for nothing but a tax receipt. The receipt might get me $15 back at the end of the year. For $50, someone can get some flies they can't find in stores, $26 over what they would normally spend. They would be a little bit ahead of someone who just gave cash. Thats the way I see it, so I'm not feeling guilty. ;)

Guest Rocknbugs

Thats cool man, someone asked a question and I answered with what I thought the reason was. Its a good cause and thats why I am bidding on a few items and is also why time spent tying and the money recieved or not recieved should not matter as well. :)

When FFA was still around and I had more time on my hands, I used to run fly swaps. Swaps are a neat way to see other people's patterns and techniques.

I collected every set from all the swaps and would like to add them to the auction. There are roughly 110 flies here - lots of different streamers, dries, nymphs, etc. There are lots of foam dries, some great chironomid patterns, and some really nice stonefly nymphs. A lot of folks on the board here will recognize their flies.

I'll let Greg decide what the starting bid should be.

flyswap.jpg

So now I have one an item and I want to pay with my Visa. Should I go to the TUC website and pay there or is someone on this end taking payments?

If paying by VISA, please make sure you tell Kimberly what you are paying for, i.e. an auction item vs a donation. Perhaps drop adc a PM to let him know how it is being paid for. OR send a cheque to adc directly ....

Cheques: Please make your cheque payable to:

Trout Unlimited Canada

c/o Allan Caldwell

137 Coachwood Pt W

Lethbridge AB T1K 6A6

Memo note: Southwestern Alberta Stream Watch

Thanks much!

Clive

34. TACO'S CUTTHROAT SAFARI...with Host/Guide Taco

More info. from Taco...

"I'll offer up one guided Aug- early Sept Cutthroat trip for 1 or 2 anglers, somewhere in the headwaters of the OMR, buyers choice of time and place. I'll supply food and beverages. Meet in the Gap area and the buyer(s) must have the ability to ride in a cowman's regular cab truck, with all it's associated sounds and smells."

-Current bidder: $150/ReelLife

I'm hopin' you guys get checked by the Streamwatch officer!!!..............

Al........ :lol:

34. TACO'S CUTTHROAT SAFARI...with Host/Guide Taco

More info. from Taco...

"I'll offer up one guided Aug- early Sept Cutthroat trip for 1 or 2 anglers, somewhere in the headwaters of the OMR, buyers choice of time and place. I'll supply food and beverages. Meet in the Gap area and the buyer(s) must have the ability to ride in a cowman's regular cab truck, with all it's associated sounds and smells."

-Current bidder: $150/ReelLife

I'm hopin' you guys get checked by the Streamwatch officer!!!..............

Al........ :lol:

Yeah well I guess we'll know for sure if the SO likes to go for long walks in grizzly country :P