2008 Streamwatch Auction

toolman

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only 3 days to go!!..........A reminder to make cheques payable to Trout Unlimited Canada and send them to A. Caldwell, 137 Coachwood Point, Lethbridge, Ab. T1K 6A6............Be sure to mark the auction item(s) you are paying for on the cheque......Or you can pay by contacting TUC in Calgary (Kimberly) and use your Visa........Items can be collected by contacting Toolman once they've been paid for...........

Here's the summary to date:

Items bought and paid for $3600

Items bought but not yet paid $3950

Items bid and still open $1460

Subtotal: $9010

Items with no open bid $1525 (#24,26 and 39)

Can we break the $10,000 mark??..................We'll know by Saturday!! :D:D

Thanks Al,

We need to get bids on these remaining items to reach our goal of + $10,000.

So, step up if you can, folks and lets get it done.

24. GRANITE TROUT ETCHING...Your choice of Rainbow, Bull, Brown, Cutt or Brook Trout.

Donated by, Glenbow Flyfishing http://www.glenbowflyfishing.com/slides/gr...out/default.htm

-Current bidder: $75/bigbowtrout "SOLD"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

39. FLY FISHING AT SUNDANCE LAKE...with Host/Guide Sundancefisher

More info. from Kevin...

"While trout sizes are averaging 14 inches…I have had 100 fish days using a corkie and nymph…"

-Current bidder: $250 Cheeler/Toolman "SOLD"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps. If you have successfully bid on an Auction item and have made your payment too TU, please contact the donor of the item/service to make arrangements to receive your item/services.

Thanks,

Greg

We have revised and sold, Item 26.

26. HAWGSTOPPAHS FISHING ADVENTURE

This is now a three day walk and wade with Host/Guide Brian Peace.

Accomodations are not included.

-Current bidder: $800/ReelLife "SOLD"

A big thank you is extended to ReelLife and Hawgstoppah for their tremendous support.

We received an offer for the trip to be revised, without accomodations for the guests, but including accomodations for the host/guide. We had to consider this offer as there were no other bids forthcoming. You can contact ReelLife and discuss going half and half on the original offer. Whatever works for you guys is fine by me, but we are running out of time.

Folks, we just need another $190 to reach our $10,000 goal. There are still a couple of items remaining...Lets do it!

ps. I'll go half and half with anyone on item #39....Can't remember the last time I had a 100 fish day...maybe never!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24. GRANITE TROUT ETCHING...Your choice of Rainbow, Bull, Brown, Cutt or Brook Trout.

Donated by, Glenbow Flyfishing http://www.glenbowflyfishing.com/slides/gr...out/default.htm

-Current bidder: $75/bigbowtrout "SOLD"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More info. from Kevin...

"While trout sizes are averaging 14 inches…I have had 100 fish days using a corkie and nymph…"

-Current bidder: $250 Cheeler/Toolman "SOLD"

Guest Sundancefisher

More info. from Kevin...

-Starting bid: $250

Not sure if it would help...but to clarify... the day would be for two flyfishermen now that the ice fishing season is done. I can also include a trout limit of 2 trout each. I am allowed 4 trout per day under our lake rules.

If someone wanted, we could bait up some rigs and fish the bottom for perch also from the boat.

Happy bidding.

Sun

Well, we have achieved our goal for this Auction. Now, we need everyone to pay up and deliver the goods.

So, lets get the business done asap. Please take a few moments to send in your payment or call with your credit card, so I can mark your item "Paid". Thanks for the tremendous support, folks.

Make payments, Payable too "Trout Unlimited Canada" and send all donations and payment for auction items, too:

Trout Unlimited Canada

c/o Allan Caldwell

137 Coachwood Pt W

Lethbridge AB T1K 6A6

Memo note: Please indicate your Auction item # on your payment or if it is a Donation. Please mark all payments "Southwestern Alberta Streamwatch".

T.U.C. does not use PayPal but will accept all major Credit Cards.

To pay with a Credit Card, contact Kimberly Davidson, at Trout Unlimited in Calgary, @ 1-403-221-8360.

Make sure to mention that your payment is for an Auction item, for the Southwestern Alberta Streamwatch and also give her your Auction Item #.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Sundancefisher
Cheeler/Toolman $250 on #39

Got a boat big enough for 2 spey rods? :)

That would be interesting to see. Two spey casters in a Lund...

Hey Sundance if you need any help with that let me know. I could take out another boat for ya or something or if the guys wanted to up the keep limit i could help as well. What the hell is a corky and nyph set up...Want to get my boy into fishin a bit more . I have a little electric i bomb around the lake in but we never usually catch more than 3-4 fish. have never tried fly fishing out there. Do you live on Sundown Road? Theres a guy there i see with pontoon boats and fly rods out all the time.

Guest Sundancefisher
Hey Sundance if you need any help with that let me know. I could take out another boat for ya or something or if the guys wanted to up the keep limit i could help as well. What the hell is a corky and nyph set up...Want to get my boy into fishin a bit more . I have a little electric i bomb around the lake in but we never usually catch more than 3-4 fish. have never tried fly fishing out there. Do you live on Sundown Road? Theres a guy there i see with pontoon boats and fly rods out all the time.

I am sure I see you bombing around the lake with your electric motor. If you are the same guy I would suggest slowing way...way down. I can catch a fair number slow trolling a leach and I mean slow slow trolling. If you want to go out fishing...out bid the toolman for a guaranteed outing...otherwise if you see a guy fumbling his casts...say hi and we can chat fishing!

As for help I should be fine. I took a couple buddies from work out for 4 hours last year. They were real hacks lol :-). Two flycasters in a boat is not a problem.

I ended up casting for them most times but in 4 hours they still managed to reel in about 25 each. They would of caught more but after a while I would casually say things like..."wow...gotta love when your corky goes down (my buddy says that a lot to me also)"..."hey guys, once in a while when fish bite, the corky misteriously disappears", and the famous "man you guys are slow...let's play a game called where is your corky". They got the hint after a while but my mind wanders bad when corky fishing.

It was very entertaining.

Cheers.

Sun

RE: Framed prints

Toolman, yodatrout and Tie1one24 ... the prints are back from the lab. Will frame today and mail tomorrow.

The glass will be heavily taped with masking tape. Carefully pull it off and clean the glass with Windex. Will include hanger wire and eye screws. Screw holes will be pre-drilled.

Thanks guys!

Clive

FINAL TALLY.....

It's over for this year and you did it!!............Our final total for the Southern Alberta Streamwatch Auction is $9875.00.......... I want to thank EVERYONE who has made it such a success...........

Donors: Maxwell, Toolman, Dryfly, adc, Sirocco, Dr. BullTrout, Missinthebow, Hydropsyche, Silver Doctor, Fishead, H2O, Doug C., BigBadBrent, Hawgstoppah, Glenbow Flyfishing, Ladystrange, Sanky, David Blair, SamIAm, fishpro, Taco, Rusty, Kai Eckhardt, Jim McLennan, Sundancefisher, Nile Creek Flyshop, Bloom and San Juan Worm, Whistler Fly Fishing.

Buyers: RocknBugs, Dr. BullTrout, Big hopper, adc, Dryfly, Pale Morning Dunce, yodatrout, mkankmike, Chidders, Pipes, Bhurt, Lonefisher, Taco, SnaG05, Don Anderson, Tako, Pythagoras, Bigbowtrout, Lundvike, Headscan, Cheeler, ReelLife, Grannyknot, Stimmy, Guito, mkm, rickr, Tie1on, Silent Bid.

My apologies if I missed anyone.......

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY DONE SO, PLEASE PAY FOR YOUR ITEM(S) AND CONTACT THE SELLER TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS.

You guys are awesome!!..............A VERY SPECIAL THANKS to Toolman, Greg Allard for the idea and running the auction...........Absolutely terrific Greg, it has exceeded our wildest expectations!!..........

I will keep everyone on the FFC Board posted as to our Streamwatch progress and I know as anglers, we'll see the benefits of more enforcement presence on our streams.........Thank you all again...........:):):):):)

Al...

• 2 weeks later...
Just Curious...The trip I have offered has been paid for..How do I collect my reciept and tax credit?? Thanks

Prepare an invoice for the value of the trip.......Send it to Kimberly Davidson at TUC in Calgary and as her to issue you a tax receipt.........Clearly mark the invoice "donation of item ___ Streamwatch auction".....

I just receive DBT Deadly Dozen and I just wanted you all to know how impressed I am with his tying skills. Those are some superb flies and very original. I'll be giving them a workout this weekend. I feel it was $40 very well spent. Thanks again, Andrew.