Fly Fusion Forums

2008 Streamwatch Auction

toolman

I just receive DBT Deadly Dozen and I just wanted you all to know how impressed I am with his tying skills. Those are some superb flies and very original. I'll be giving them a workout this weekend. I feel it was $40 very well spent. Thanks again, Andrew.

I second this. I got mine yesterday and simple amazing. not sure if I want to take them out of the box :rolleyes:

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dr.B, just pm the donor to make arrangements. Having your books mailed too you would probably be easiest, so include your name and mailing address with your pm.

Tako...I forgot to include the fishing instructions for my secret worms...so here they are.

Big worms for Big Water, little worms for little water...

Big Worms for little water...and lastly...little worms for Big Water.... Failproof!

Good Luck...

It was very clever of you to include several types of worms, so I do not know *exactly* which ones are the secret ones :lol: How the hell am I supposed to fish that little itty bitty number 40-something blue thing :blink: :blink:

got my dozen from hydro and man are they killer flies.... Already catching fish as well. Also a few more then a dozen but trust me I am not complaining. I will contact flytyer about my other auction in a couple weeks as I am just currently in a bit of a move so I want to get to my new place before they get sent. Hope thats ok

It was very clever of you to include several types of worms, so I do not know *exactly* which ones are the secret ones :lol: How the hell am I supposed to fish that little itty bitty number 40-something blue thing :blink: :blink:

The tiny blue thing is a Spring Creek midge pupa...use 7x fluro...and drift it in the film.

Guest Sundancefisher

Hey Toolman.

Email me and let me know when you approximately want to head over and fish here. Early Spring is usually awesome for numbers. Still plenty of ice but it is starting to go.

Cheers

Sun

Great to see all the positive feedback on the auction items so far!!..............I think ALL items have now been paid and I can hardly wait until we start seeing some feedback on some of the trips............By the way, Southern Alberta StreamWatch has exceeded it's goal of raising $25,000 and our StreamWatch student, Jeff Cox will be patrolling the Upper Oldman/Livingstone this summer under the excellent supervision of Andrew Gustavson, F&W Officer from Blairmore.......To say both Jeff and Andrew are keen about the SW program would be an understatement................Watch for them this summer!!.....

Cheers..........

Al.......

By the way, Southern Alberta StreamWatch has exceeded it's goal of raising $25,000 and our StreamWatch student, Jeff Cox will be patrolling the Upper Oldman/Livingstone this summer under the excellent supervision of Andrew Gustavson, F&W Officer from Blairmore

f-ing eh...that's the best news i've heard all week...

When you come to fish the Bow, those worms will give you enough hero shots to last a lifetime! Plus, you must have been fishing them all wrong...Now tell me how, where and I'll try and diagnose your problems.

First question, was there a hole in the ice where you were fishing? :ph34r:

When you come to fish the Bow, those worms will give you enough hero shots to last a lifetime! Plus, you must have been fishing them all wrong...Now tell me how, where and I'll try and diagnose your problems.

First question, was there a hole in the ice where you were fishing? :ph34r:

:D

NO! I was attempting to take advantage of the ridiculously low water in town right now, but no fish around yet <_< I was fishing them under an indie in some typical water. No go! Wait'll tomorrow, results will likely be diff.

Spotted about 200 pink salmon fry, but no bullies to be found :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note to say that our Streamwatch funding is now well over the $25,000 budget thanks to many of you on this Board.....At our Oldman River Trout Unlimited Chapter dinner last night, a draw was made for a rod/reel combo and I just wanted to assure you that any donors to this auction were included in that draw........The note to the winner is attached.......Thanks again to all of you for your suppor of the StreamWatch program........

Hey Warren....

When we formed our StreamWatch committee back in January we decided

that any angler who donated $100 or more to StreamWatch would be

eligible for a draw for a custom made fly rod and reel donated by

George Yanicki, one of our committee members...........At our Oldman

River Chapter dinner last night, your name was pulled and you are now

the proud owner of this package, including case.....I have the rod and

need to know how I can get it to you..........I travel to or through

Calgary from time to time and could drop it off somewhere for you or

if you know of a better arrangement please let me

know........Congratulations and thanks for your support of

StreamWatch........

Al......

Guest guito

I would just like to thank ADC for all his hard work !! I would also like to thank this board for allowing all this to happen it wouldn't have been possible without you!!!!!

Congrats Badger

Guito