2008 Streamwatch Auction

toolman

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25$ ??? :blink: You'd pay more at Canadian Tire!!!

Toolman. I'll sweeten the deal. Whatever the bidder wants (as long as they're not too time consuming). 2 different flies in whatever sizes they want. This is a chance for the non-tiers on the board to get those flies you can't buy.

Edited: boldly thought I could suggest minimum bid, but this is Toolman's gig. I donate and he tries to get as much as he can (and he's doing a fine job).

for whomever wins my auction, i'll even throw in "refreshments" after the day of fishing and in the event that the auction winner is camping the weekend with me (as i'll be set up for the weekend [to be determined later]), i'll even throw in food for the weekend (includes my breakfast specialty, munchies, hot dogs/hamburgers, onstream snacks as well as a steak dinner on Sat.)...all the winner has to do is show up, pitch his tent or trailer and sit back and relax...:)

. SENIORS HALF DAY WALK & B.S., on the Bow River, with Host/Guide Toolman.

I resemble that remark...........Uncalled for!! :)

Unforntantly it is true..... But if it makes you feel better adc, I call Gregg Old,am all the time *grin*

Guest bigbadbrent

I'm kind of confused, as to why some items are already 'sold'. This is an auction is it not, why wouldn't you leave it open for the longest time possible to see what other bids you can get....instead of selling it after one bid...

my 2% of 100 pennies

Guest bigbadbrent

I'd love to be able to afford anything on there.....I'm just thinking of the way to make the most money for this project, being that its for my favourite place in alberta

Guest bigbadbrent

I'll think of something....i can tell you, it won't be worms

You know what,

I'll make an Upper Oldman River Box, the perfect box for fishing the Southern streams, 15 flies minimum. Including at least one of my golden stones, brent bugs, and bully fly.

Guest Rocknbugs

I have a question, TM you said this party would wrap up around March 15. My question is, if thats the case how can item 2 & 3 already be sold? If raising funds for the river is whats at stake here dont you think you should leave those items open until March? You got one bid why not go for two or three or four or five or more? Just curious.

We wanted to get the pace going early and sold a couple of things off to create a little chaos. That was to get folks in the game and bid while they have the opportunity. We don't want this to get sleepy....after all it is a "Celebration", as we are saving a river...Besides, I'm not your normal kind of Auctioneer.....so Lets PAR-TY!

Guest bigbadbrent
17. OLDMAN RIVER CUSTOM FLY'S...tied and donated by BigBadBrent, consisting of the following flys.

2 Oldman Humpy #14

2 Stimulators #8

3 Brent Bugs #14/16

3 Evil Weevils 14/16

1 Super Double Bunny 3/0

1 Golden Stonefly 6

2 BWO Usuals 16

2 PMD Usuals 16

1 Red Bug, size 4

-Starting bid: $60

And this is a minimum of flies..it should go up to an even 24, was just rattling the ones i could think of for down there

Guest Rocknbugs
We wanted to get the pace going early and sold a couple of things off early to create a little chaos. That was to get folks in the game and bid while they have the opportunity. We don't want this to get sleepy....after all it is a "Celebration", as we are saving a river...Besides, I'm not your normal kind of Auctioneer.....so Lets PAR-TY!

Good stuff, I hope to be getting into some nice pike on the fly for the first time this spring.

Good stuff, I hope to be getting into some nice pike on the fly for the first time this spring.

R&B, we'll find some 'gators for ya!!..........Lunch will be good too..........Maybe you need to up your bid to $350 just to make sure you don't miss it!!! :P:P

Guest Rocknbugs
R&B, we'll find some 'gators for ya!!..........Lunch will be good too..........Maybe you need to up your bid to $350 just to make sure you don't miss it!!! :P:P

LOL, I have never caught a gator on the fly, hell I have not seen a pike (besides on TV) since I left Saskatoon in 1980 :blink: