2008 Streamwatch Auction

toolman

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see your $70 drbulltrout and I'll go $75....Ladystrange will have a birthday comin' up sooner or later...

I'll get Clive to autograph it for you sweetie.... :wub:

\

HAHAHA now he's using the auction to pick up chicks!!!! The real question is will she be charitable to his cause :lol:

Anyone know the history of how the Oldman River got its name?

Anglicized translation of the old Piikani (Peigan) name. I believe Hugh Dempsey catalogued the story but can't recall or find it at the moment.

"Oldman" is a shortened version of it's original native name "The Old Man That Played On The River", who is Na'pi - I cannot recall if it is Blackfoot or Peigan, but I think it's Blackfoot. It is explained in a book I read on Jerry Potts, the 1/2 native 1/2 white guide that really helped the NWMP in the early days out in these parts.

for whomever wins my auction, i'll even throw in "refreshments" after the day of fishing and in the event that the auction winner is camping the weekend with me (as i'll be set up for the weekend [to be determined later]), i'll even throw in food for the weekend (includes my breakfast specialty, munchies, hot dogs/hamburgers, onstream snacks as well as a steak dinner on Sat.)...all the winner has to do is show up, pitch his tent or trailer and sit back and relax... :)

bumping for auction #5...let's get some more bids and funds going for streamwatch...to repeat, the maximum for this auction item is 3 people...i'm sure there are three out there that can go in to raise the bid...BTW, awesome job organizing and maintaining this auction Greg...big ups on ya mang...:D