Fly Fusion Forums

2008 Streamwatch Auction

toolman

We are going to try and wrap this party up by March 15, 2008. When bids for any of the items listed have reached a resonable offer and/or, have been posted for a period of time, with no new bids forthcoming, we may announce a closing notice. You will see this next to the items Current bidder "Going once", then the next day "Going twice"...

Then at high noon of the third day..."SOLD" to the highest bidder.

quick stupid question.....by high noon, do you mean at 12 lunchtime or in the evening...just asking cuz if it was lunchtime cutoff, some of us would not be able to rebid on items due to being at work and therefore lose out on what we were bidding on?

thanks

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specail Item

26. TECUMSEH MOUNTAIN FISHING HOLIDAY

This 3 day guided fishing package includes, 2 nights accomodations, for 2 guests, at the "Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch" in Blairmore, AB, compliments of owner/flyfishing guide, Kia Eckhardt.

http://mountainguestranch.com/

Explore the many wonderfull fishing opportunites the area has to offer with your Host/Guide Brian Peace. Enjoy the comfortable accomodations at the end of a long days fishing, in a beautifull mountain setting.

-Starting bid: $1,200

Awesome!!!..............What a great donation!!---Thanks Brian!!...........Hope we can see some wild and crazy bids on this one!! :P:P

"TM's Secret Worms", will catch multiple species of fish and all of the trophys to be found around the globe, in fresh or salt water, liquid or frozen...100% Guaranteed!

Warning: Use 100lb. tippets for Saltwater fishing and always wear your life Jacket.

TM's Secret Worms", will catch multiple species of fish and all of the trophys to be found around the globe, in fresh or salt water, liquid or frozen...100% Guaranteed!

Warning: Use 100lb. tippets for all Saltwater fishing and always wear your life Jacket.

I'll be holding you to that!

26. TECUMSEH MOUNTAIN FISHING HOLIDAY... Sept-Oct.

This 3 day guided fishing package includes, 2 nights accomodations for 2 guests, at the "Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch", in Blairmore, AB, compliments of owner/flyfisherman, Kai Eckhardt.

http://mountainguestranch.com/

Explore the many wonderfull fishing opportunites the area has to offer, for 3 adventure filled days, with your Host, veteran Guide, Brian Peace. Relax and enjoy the comfortable and fully furnished, Log Cabin accomodations, at the end of a long days fishing, in a beautifull mountain setting. A fishing Holiday to treasure for a lifetime.

Winning bidder will be responsible for their own transportation too/from the Ranch. Food and beverages not included.

-Starting bid: $1,200

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys. Please let you bosses know about this one. what better way to reward the employee's of the year with a 3 day getaway. Let's get some big corporate bidding on this one please :lol::lol:

Plan is to hit the Oldman, Crow, Livingstone, Carbondale, castle, or whatever else the winning bidder wants to do. I hope this one goes off big. Guys this lodge is excellent. Anyone who wants more details on the lodge please visit Kai's website. You'll be able to relax after your day on the water in a very freindly atmosphere with lots of beverages of your choosing available... (the TRUE pilsner Kai serves is amazing)...

So if anyone has any contacts in bigger companies, or any companies that treat there employees to the odd something or other, maybe drop an e-mail to the boss for this one. Thanks guys!

Just did some quick math and all together we've raised OVER $5000 so far!!!! Awesome!

I'd love to go on Clive and ADC's pike hunt, but I can't top that 400, maybe next year :(

Unless ya cant go to your fav lake there and it's opened up for 2 people to bid. I could go in with someone to top that bid.

Unless ya cant go to your fav lake there and it's opened up for 2 people to bid. I could go in with someone to top that bid.

Jury is still out on whether 3M is in the mix as we haven't spoken to the landowner yet........Will post when we know....... :o

So if anyone has any contacts in bigger companies, or any companies that treat there employees to the odd something or other, maybe drop an e-mail to the boss for this one. Thanks guys!

Great point Stoppah........I have emailed this thread to a bunch of my "wealthy" contacts who don't use the Board........I will gladly bid on thier behalf...........This is a great auction item and while pricey for some of us (Clive and I are on fixed incomes :(:( ) it would be a great recognition and reward item for a company to use as an incentive..........And, given the variety of recreation, even a non-flyfisher would be thrilled!!

here, i'll throw in 2doz ladystrange special flies, completely unique and completely useless, unless very creative methods are used to fish them. warning, not guaranteed to catch anything, but you will have a very interesting collection and bragging rights on your friends... :P

Good for you LS!!..........I'm sure you're under-rating yourself as a tyer..........Thanks for supporting the cause..... :P

Toolman, doesn't look like any interest in #7. Can you change it to "Lefty Kreh's Essential Nymphs"

As per Lefty Kreh's - Presenting the Fly

"Here's a list of my Favorite nymphs. All have produced well for me in New Zealand,

Chile, Europe, the United States and many other waters:

Gold-Ribbed Hare's Ear

LaFontaine Sparkle Pupa

Prince Nymph

Pheasant Tail

Zug Bug

Whitlock's Squirrel Tail

Muskrat Nymph

Yellow Stone Fly"

Since Prince Nymph's, PT's and Zug Bugs can be found anywhere, I'll send the successful bidder 4 each of:

Sparkle Pupa - made with the exact same material used by Gary. I bought it on line and its guaranteed to be the same sparkle yarn he used.

Whitlock Red Fox Squirrel Nymph - (this is what I'm sure Lefty is refering to). I tie these as per Whitlocks instructions. I purchased a whole skin, make the thorax from the belly fur and the tail/abdo from the back. This is my go to fly. I use it instead of the GRHE all the time. My version has a softhackle in front. but that is optional.

Muskrat Nymph - I haven't tied any of these yet but if Lefty likes them, they're worth a go.

Yellow Stone Fly - I haven't tried these either. I will have to purchase the materials for it.

I'll even throw in a couple Bow Juan Worms, tied by the originator. ;)

I'll go $475 for #9.

I have had the pleasure of Fishheads friendship, generosity, patience, and curmudgenly attitude for a number of years. Fishhead you ROCK!! buddy.

Whoever wins this bid is in for a great trip. Fishhead and his wife are excellent hosts, with serious knowledge of the Bow River and many other waterways.

If I win this bid though, I want to paddle the boat!! Oh and that jet thing on the back, I want to play with that too (not a lot; just when we're close to cattle). Oh and that Toyota FJ, I want to play with that too!!

SnaG05

for whomever wins my auction, i'll even throw in "refreshments" after the day of fishing and in the event that the auction winner is camping the weekend with me (as i'll be set up for the weekend [to be determined later]), i'll even throw in food for the weekend (includes my breakfast specialty, munchies, hot dogs/hamburgers, onstream snacks as well as a steak dinner on Sat.)...all the winner has to do is show up, pitch his tent or trailer and sit back and relax... :)

come on...there's gotta be a group of three out there that can chip in $200-250 apiece?...i'd say that's a great deal for free booze, eats and bulls (not to mention the profound abundance of nice sized cutties)... :D