2008 Streamwatch Auction

toolman

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folks, there are new items up for bids today. Also, let's keep this party rolling along. Please go through your contacts lists and send them a link too this Streamwatch Auction Thread. We need to get the word out to everyone, including the shops you do business with. Support from the business community has been miminal, (dismal) thus far. We still have a long way to go to reach our goal of $25,000 and your help, contributions and support are greatly appreciated.

The fishies thank you.

Greg

Folks, there are new items up for bids today. Also, let's keep this party rolling along. Please go through your contacts lists and send them a link too this Streamwatch Auction Thread. We need to get the word out to everyone, including the shops you do business with. Support from the business community has been miminal, (dismal) thus far. We still have a long way to go to reach our goal of $25,000 and your help, contributions and support are greatly appreciated.

The fishies thank you.

Greg

Right on, Greg.......We need to keep up the momentum because as you say our corporate sponsors haven't really shown themselves yet.......By the way, here's an interesting note........As of now, there have been 5832 views on this post and about 1800 on the Streamwatch come to S. Alberta thread...........If we charged $10 a view we'd have enough for the next 3 years....... :P ..........Let's not let it die folks, it's up to us..........

Al........

Although there are some people here with a low # of postings bidding, most of the contributions and the biddings are coming from active posters. It shouldn't be that way. Lets hear from more lurkers. Some of these items are a little pricey but I'm telling you, if you get out once with some of these guys, your hit rate will increase.

I paid Hawgstoppa (formerly known as Bowcrow) to take me out one day. I have never paid a guide before (or since). My hit rate doubled (at least) since then. And Brian, if we ever meet up again, I owe you. Much more then I knew at the time. (you too, Toolman).

All of these guy offering trips, although a bit pricey, will be worth it. Although I've never fished with Missingthebow, Clive/adc, Max, Taco, DTB, , etc., I suspect a day out with them would increase my hit rate even more. It would probably take 5 yrs off your learning curve. Talk to your wife and then just do it.

If not, at least bid on some flies. ;)

Put me down for $30 on 33a.

Although there are some people here with a low # of postings bidding, most of the contributions and the biddings are coming from active posters. It shouldn't be that way. Lets hear from more lurkers. Some of these items are a little pricey but I'm telling you, if you get out once with some of these guys, your hit rate will increase.

I paid Hawgstoppa (formerly known as Bowcrow) to take me out one day. I have never paid a guide before (or since). My hit rate doubled (at least) since then. And Brian, if we ever meet up again, I owe you. Much more then I knew at the time. (you too, Toolman).

All of these guy offering trips, although a bit pricey, will be worth it. Although I've never fished with Missingthebow, Clive/adc, Max, Taco, DTB, , etc., I suspect a day out with them would increase my hit rate even more. It would probably take 5 yrs off your learning curve. Talk to your wife and then just do it.

I will vouch for Toolman and Max both have taught me an incredible amount in the brief time that I fished with them. I hired max last year for a half day and have not been skunked, or even without a trout under 15" on the 20+ days that I have been out and have hit double digits in numbers on a few occasions compared to the year before where I was lucky to get a 3 fish on a great day. And I am very surprised that noone has out bid us on the oldman trip with hawgstoppah.

A closing notice has been posted on these items...

11. H20's BOW RIVER FLOAT TRIP (one or two anglers)...An all inclusive day float for two, via Driftboat.

-Current bidder: $350/Pythagoras "SOLD"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20. HAWGSTOPPAH'S OLDMAN RIVER WALKABOUT...July-Sept.

Enjoy an exciting day of fishing with legendary Guide Brian Peace.

-Current bidder: $400/Cheeler & Lundvike & ReelLife "SOLD"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else having problems getting TUC to call back? I would love to pay for my item but I need to pay by Visa.

Not sure what's up at TUC but I think Kimberly is on holidays........I left a voice mail for her on Tuesday and haven't heard from her yet.......I called last week and Doug Cressman answered her line and said she was away but didn't give me details..........Maybe wait til next week BBT and try then..........If you have trouble let me know........

Al.......

Not sure what's up at TUC but I think Kimberly is on holidays........I left a voice mail for her on Tuesday and haven't heard from her yet.......I called last week and Doug Cressman answered her line and said she was away but didn't give me details..........Maybe wait til next week BBT and try then..........If you have trouble let me know........

Al.......

I tried a for few days and couldn't get a hold of anyone, so now the check is in the mail.

Here's a note sent to the Streamwatch Committee yesterday outlining how our fundraising is going..........I can't say enough about the support we've had on this auction and it's surpassed even our most optomistic budget projections...........Keep spreading the word!!...........

Here's a Budget to Actual report for the week ending February 22:

Source /Budget /Actual

Corporate/5000/0* (raffle prizes donated by Crowsnest Angler valued at $500)

Individuals/5000/2400**

Trout Unlimited Canada/2000/ 0 (raffle prize donated valued at $750)

OMR TU/5000 /5000 (pledged)

Other TU/2000/0

Raffle/3000/0***

U of L/1000/1000

Auction/2000/6750****

Other/0/camera, GPS, raffle prizes,donated

Total/25,000/14,650

* There are request out to over 30 companies and 3 grants have been applied for.

** We are stalled a bit here but have a number of requests and pledges that need to be followed.

*** We will print 800 raffle tickets at $10 each. Assuming 50% we can improve our budget by $1000. We need lots of help selling raffle tickets!!

**** Response by donors and bidders has been tremendous. In addition to the $6750 in sold or currently bid items, there are $1850 of items with no current bids and donations are still coming in with the closing date still set at March 15. A full list of Auction Donors will be posted later.

We're over half way there............Please follow up on your contacts, make new ones and keep spreading the word........

Al Caldwell

Southern Alberta Streamwatch

A closing notice has been posted on these items.

3a. TOOLMAN'S HALF DAY WALK & BS on the Bow River, with Host/Guide Greg Allard.

-Current bidder: $250/PaleMorningDunce "SOLD"

15. PIKE STREAMER KIT 20 flies tied and donated by DougC.

-Current bidder: $60/Rocknbugs "SOLD"

22. CROWSNEST ESSENTIAL FLY KIT...12 flys/case donated by, Glenbow Flyfishing.

-Current bidder: $25/Lundvike "SOLD"

A closing notice has been posted for these items.

1.SPRING TROPHY PIKE HUNT, with Hosts/Guides Dryfly & ADC.

More info. from Clive....

"Al and I are offering a one-day guided pike fishing trip in Southern Alberta, sometime between May 8 and June 15. We will likely go to Badger, Cochrane or wherever the hot bite is at the time. NO GUARANTEES ... pike are more moody than trout. You know the drill. Trip will include lunch (we make great lunches ), refreshments (no beer--sorry) and flies. Pictures taken. The lucky winner will have to provide his/her own float tube or pontoon boat as we will be floating. The winner will have to drive to the agreed-upon site -- or to Al's house in Lethbridge. (We won't be picking anyone up in Calgary.)

We will offer the use of an 8- or 9-wt fly rod and reel in case someone is interested and does not have pike tackle."

-Current bidder: $400/Rocknbugs "SOLD"

2a. MAX'S HALF DAY WALK & WADE, on the Bow River, (April-June), with Host/Guide Max Robinson.

-Current bidder: $250/bighopper "SOLD"

5. TROPHY BULL TROUT HUNT, with your Host/guide drbulltrout, on a secret S. Alberta stream.

-Current bidder: $500/PaleMorningDunce & Chidders "SOLD"

I have a simple question and probably if I spent more time reading I would find this out. Do we get tax receipts for auction items? or is the person who donates that gets the receipt? The reason I ask is that we bid as a group on Hawgstoppahs trip and we were wondering if its better to have one person pay the whole amount and then we pay him back or if i is easier on TUC side if we pay individually?

I have a simple question and probably if I spent more time reading I would find this out. Do we get tax receipts for auction items? or is the person who donates that gets the receipt? The reason I ask is that we bid as a group on Hawgstoppahs trip and we were wondering if its better to have one person pay the whole amount and then we pay him back or if i is easier on TUC side if we pay individually?

The donor of an auction item is eligible for a receipt...........The buyer is not as they get the value of the item........No double dipping...........

Al........

OLDMAN RIVER STREAMWATCH AUCTION

This is an edited list of Items still up for bids. Refer to page 1, to see the complete Auction list, including "Sold" items.

ITEM #

24. GRANITE TROUT ETCHING...Your choice of Rainbow, Bull, Brown, Cutt or Brook Trout.

Donated by, Glenbow Flyfishing http://www.glenbowflyfishing.com/slides/gr...out/default.htm

-Starting bid: $75

25. GLENBOW'S BULL'S & BOW'S ADVENTURE @ K-Lakes... Late May-June.

A guided days fishing with Host/Guide Glen Tinckler, hunting for Trophy Bulls and Rainbows in beautifull Kananaskis Country. Lunch, refreshments, flies included. Transportation too and from K- Lakes is not provided.

-Current bidder: $250/ReelLife

Specail Item

26. TECUMSEH MOUNTAIN FISHING HOLIDAY... Sept-Oct.

This 3 day guided fishing package includes, 3 nights accomodations for 2 guests, at the "Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch", in Blairmore, AB, compliments of owner/flyfisherman, Kai Eckhardt.

http://mountainguestranch.com/

Explore the many wonderfull fishing opportunites the area has to offer, for 3 adventure filled days, with your Host, veteran Guide, Brian Peace. Relax and enjoy the comfortable and fully furnished, Log Cabin accomodations, at the end of a long days fishing, in a beautifull mountain setting. A fishing Holiday to treasure for a lifetime.

Winning bidder will be responsible for their own transportation too/from the Ranch. Food and beverages not included.

-Starting bid: $1,200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28. RED DEER RIVER DRIFT with Host/Guide Sanky

Search for beautifull Trophy Brown Trout that have made this river so famous.

More info. from Tony...

"I would like to donate a full day float on the Red Deer River, between May 26-30th, to catch the Skwala Stonefly Hatch. I do suggest a mid-week float so that we encounter very little traffic and have the whole river to ourselves. A BBQ lunch will be provided along with water and snacks. Please anticipate a long day on the water, as hatch times may vary and we might only get off the water at dark."

-Current bidder: $350/Rocknbugs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29. OLDMAN RIVER DRY BOX... Four dozen of Dave's favorites, in a large FlyMate fly box.

Compliments of David Blair @ Fish Tales Fly Shop.

-Current bidder: $120/Hawgstoppah

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30. SPEY CASTING INSTRUCTION...in Calgary, on May 17 or May 18th.

Enjoy a fun filled day at the Loop Spey school. Learn how to cast/fish two handed rods, from expert casting instructors.

You can bring your own rod if you have one or we'll lend you one to use for the day.

Compliments of Brian Niska @ Whistler Fly Fishing

-Current bidder: $175/Hawgstoppah

31. BOW RIVER DRIFT...with Host/Guide SamIam

More info. from Sam...

"I'll provide a full day float trip on any of the following runs - Banff to Canmore, Glenmore to 22X or Policemans, 22X or Policemans to McKinnons, or Mckinnons to Carseland. Leave as early in the morning as they want and stay out as late in the day as they want. I will pick up the shuttle fee's, (except on the Banff float, we would have to take an extra vehicle and do it ourselves) and streamside lunch and beverages. Can also supply gear if needed. Any day during the week or on the weekend is fine with me. Can take two or three fisherman, but only two can fish simultaneously." Sam

-Current bidder: $350/Guito

32. 50 ASSORTED FLY'S...tied and donated by fishpro.

Consisting of 10 Nymphs, 15 Streamers, 25 Dry flies

-Current bidder: $75/Rocknbugs

33. DRBULLTROUT'S DEADLY DOZEN ...tied and donated by drbulltrout

-Current bidder: $30/Chidders

33a. DRBULLTROUT'S DEADLY DOZEN ...tied and donated by drbulltrout

-Current bidder:$30/Hydropsyche

34. TACO'S CUTTHROAT SAFARI...with Host/Guide Taco

More info. from Taco...

"I'll offer up one guided Aug- early Sept Cutthroat trip for 1 or 2 anglers, somewhere in the headwaters of the OMR, buyers choice of time and place. I'll supply food and beverages. Meet in the Gap area and the buyer(s) must have the ability to ride in a cowman's regular cab truck, with all it's associated sounds and smells."

-Current bidder: $150/ReelLife

35. FFA FLY SWAP FLY'S... 120 assorted Nymph, Streamer and Dry fly patterns, donated by Rusty.

-Current bid: $125/mkm

36."WATER MARKS" Signed, written and donated by Jim Mclennan.

- "Thirty Years of Fly Fishing Insight" - http://www.mclennanflyfishing.com/index1.htm

-Current bidder: $40/drbulltrout

37. "FLY-FISHING WESTERN TROUT STREAMS" Signed, written and donated by Jim Mclennan.

http://www.mclennanflyfishing.com/index1.htm

-Current bidder: $40/drbulltrout

38. WEEKEND GETAWAY...

Escape the rush of City life and relax in a beautifull mountain setting, only a short drive from Calgary.

This includes Log Cabin Accomodations, for two nights, at "Eckhardt's Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch", near Blairmore, AB. Featuring, Fireplace, Kitchenette, Deck, 2 beds.

http://mountainguestranch.com/

Explore the wonderfull fishing opportunities nearby or discover the many recreational activities available.

Compliments of Kai Eckhardt.

-Current bidder: $260/adc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

39. FISHING AT SUNDANCE LAKE...with Host/Guide Sundancefisher

More info. from Kevin...

"With the warm temperatures, ice fishing season is quickly nearing it's end. As for flyfishing, while trout sizes are averaging 14 inches…I have had 100 fish days using a corkie and nymph…"

-Starting bid: $250

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40. SNOWBEE JR. FLYFISHING OUTFIT...donated by Nile Creek Fly Shop.

More info. from Courtney...

"I would like to donate a complete fly fishing outfit to a youngster.and it must be a Junior...it consists of a Snowbee Classic 7' 5/6 wt 2 pc fly rod(Lifetime warranty), New XSD 460 Cassett reel system comes with 3 cassetts and will spool on 3 lines, a Juniors Fly Vest and a Juniors pair of the New Snowbee Indestructable 420 Denier bootfoot Waders. http://ogilvieoutfitting.com/?page_id=7

Thats the deal...it must go to a junior ...the value is in the $750.00 range..."

-Current bidder: $350/bigbowtrout

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

41. DAY AT BULLSHEAD - with Host/Guide Bloom.

Spend a day on one of the premiere lake fisheries in Alberta. Learn the lake from one of the 'regulars' and look at various lake techniques and rigs. Find out where and when to find fish in lakes and determine what they're feeding on. For those of you looking to improve your chironomiding techniques, this is a great lake to learn the process and fine tune the technique.

More info. from Tim...

"Depending on the time of year the trip takes place, we will either be on foot, pontoons/float tubes, or in my 12' flat bottom jon boat. April-June is the prime time to go. Up to two anglers. Flies and equipment can be included if need be."

Transportation to and from Bullshead is not included. (near Medicine Hat, AB)

-Starting bid: $250

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

43. FRAMED & MATTED PHOTOGRAPHIC PRINTS... donated by Dryfly.

More info. from Clive...

"I will "sell" framed and matted 11 by 14-inch prints of any of the following ... buyer's choice of any picture. Will mail express post to anywhere in Alberta. All framed prints will have a small "postcard" on the back describing the picture and location. All of these picture were taken by me. Signed on back ... or not signed. (adc sez they should go for less if signed. :blink::) )

This is like eBay's "Buy it now" ... the bid price is $125 per print ... includes framing and postage. If you want to pay more, that's okay too. (These typically go for $100 to $200 and silent auctions at fundraisers. The Burmis pix recently went for $200 at the local library silent auction.) Limit is a max of four framed prints...I will donate four only! So first four buyers get a print. Got that? I will be out of Dodge until March 12 so won't be able to mail until later that week."

-Purchase price: $125

a. Toolman-$125/Sharptail

b. Toolman-$125/Burmis Tree & Moon

c. Tie1on24-$125/Burmis Tree & Moon

44. DAVE'S SHADOW BOX FLY'S... Tied and donated by SanJuanWorm.

Two beautifull Carrie Stevens style Fly's, displayed in a framed Shadow Box.

-Starting bid: $75

This is an edited list of Items still up for bids. Refer to page 1, to see the complete Auction list, including "Sold" items.