Fly Fusion Forums

Tail Gate Theft

Wow! I would have never thought!! Weird!!

Thanks Brunsie!

Peter

A couple of years ago, they busted a guy in Thornhill with about 35 tail gates in his garage.

Apparently they're worth quite a bit on the "black market"

Later

Bk

well think about it they've turned 40 dollar parts into 500 dollar parts over the last 20 years i guess people would steal them takes what 20 seconds to take a tailgate off a truck. 500 bucks to replace my driver side mirror. fricken ridiculous.

Backing into a gatepost with the tailgate down should alleviate the tailgate theft problem, done that once or twice. My father's specialty was unhooking a gooseneck horsetrailer and driving off forgetting to open the tailgate. Thieves seldom want a tailgate with a 6" ding or bow..

• Like 4

Backing into a gatepost with the tailgate down should alleviate the tailgate theft problem, done that once or twice. My father's specialty was unhooking a gooseneck horsetrailer and driving off forgetting to open the tailgate. Thieves seldom want a tailgate with a 6" ding or bow..

Haha....... Yeah it's not uncommon, I bought a truck off the company I work for, the tailgate got lifted by some clown prior... Not easy or cheap to replace thats for sure.

Haha....... Yeah it's not uncommon, I bought a truck off the company I work for, the tailgate got lifted by some clown prior... Not easy or cheap to replace thats for sure.

just get someone to steal one for you...

• Like 2

The tailgate was stolen from our Ford Ranger several years ago while it was parked at the Fish Creek boat launch. We were told by Ford dealerships at that time that tailgates that have back up cameras in them were most at risk. (Ours did not have a camera)