Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No? He's having a heck of a lot better season that Erik Cole so far.

Well too bad Kevin Lowe doesn't own a crystal ball :P

Cole has been a beast since being played in his natural position. He fits the Oilers style better than Bertuzzi.

Bert's been great for the flames though, if he stays healthy for most of the season and keeps up this pace he'll get 30+ for sure. I hope that doesn't happen though

That's the Kipper we've come to love. No way he should have started today. The Jovo goal was about as weak an NHL goal as I've seen all year.

4 goals on the first 12 shots.

I take back what I said about Crawford being a worse colour guy than Garrett. I'm sure Garrett must be on Kipper's PR payroll. He actually had the nerve to say Phoenix deserved the win and that Calgary played poorly on defense. They gave up 20 shots in the game - likely the lowest of any team that will play all week. Goalies stick togther. If it isn't Hrudey its Garrett - fall all over themselves taking about how the goalie can make a difference in a win, but when a goalie gives up 4 goals on 12 shots, it's bad defense.

I'll tell ya what Mike thinks - no way Kipper starts the next game.

Is Loubardias always the commentator for flames games on sportsnet? I can't say I'm a big fan...

Loubardias usually did the Junior coverage last couple years. The AHL, OHL, CHL games. He also covered a bit for Kevin Quinn on a few Oilers broadcasts last year. Millions did the play by play for the Flames the last few years. This is Loubardias' first year as the full time play by play guy for the Flames.

Bert's been great for the flames though, if he stays healthy for most of the season and keeps up this pace he'll get 30+ for sure. I hope that doesn't happen

An unbiased, honest comment from an oilers fan? I was beginning to think the oils next mascot was an ostrich. You're clearly slipping snakeman...come to the dark side. Tootoo still play with the preds? If so I hope he gets mauled by someone tonight. GO FLAMES GO!

So lets here from all the oiler fans about how the NHL doesn't do what they can to keep the games close. 5-0 and they call that crap.

Hope they make these refs watch the game after.

I'm assuming that you're talking about the net coming off it's mooring and Kipper getting called for the delay of game?

Yeah, that was a BS call, but I hightly doubt it was an order from the commissioner to keep the game close.

It was a hell of an entertaining game though! Lot's of back and forth action from both sides. birchy's right, it could have easily been 10-6.

A night of crazy games back to back. First Edmonton tries to come back from being down 5-0 vs. the Pens to come up short 5-4 in the third, then you have a HUGE blow out going only to end up 7-6. Crazy night of hockey!

An unbiased, honest comment from an oilers fan? I was beginning to think the oils next mascot was an ostrich. You're clearly slipping snakeman...come to the dark side.

Ha, I remember during the flames cup run I made a post on FFA about how I like the way the flames play and want to cheer for both Alberta's teams...I was immediately shot down with replies about how stupid that would be, how I'm a bandwagon jumper, etc. So that idea died quick but I think Hawgstoppah is pulling it off.

As much as I despise Bertuzzi as a person he is really fun to watch, he makes some crazy passes and that one goal he scored on Deslauriers was sick.

Ha, I remember during the flames cup run I made a post on FFA about how I like the way the flames play and want to cheer for both Alberta's teams...I was immediately shot down with replies about how stupid that would be, how I'm a bandwagon jumper, etc. So that idea died quick but I think Hawgstoppah is pulling it off.

LOL, I think I remember that. Good decision, we clearly have no room or need for you anyways. :lol:

LOL, I think I remember that. Good decision, we clearly have no room or need for you anyways. :lol:

UGLY. By far the worst performance by the flames this year. God awful.

Too bad thats what they give Curtis. Score 7 the otehr night to bail Kipper out of yet another miserable performance, and tonight - nothinig.

Primeau may be the worst scrapper I've ever seen. Didn't he go out with a concussion last year from getting smacked. And didn't his brother's career end early for the same reason. What a moron.

lmao when the oilers are in or on teh way too the cup finals i will cheer for any otehr team except them.. i promise..... got in a argument with alotta flames fans who wanted the cup too be back in canada.. and hell iwould love too see any cup team except edmonton win teh cup...... falmes first ofcorse them teh rest of teh canadian teams then the 20 some odd yankee team and oilers are dead last in my books.......

Yup - I agree. Anyone but Edmonton.

Maybe we could trade them Bert for their rookie goalie though. 6 more past our superstar tonight. Deslauriers made 37/38 saves tonight. Kipper let in 3 goals on the first 12 shots. At least Chicago realized they made a huge mistake on on Khabibulin and moved on. I expect Calgary will have to miss the playoffs before Sutter will admit that Kipper is not an elite goalie, and find someone else.