Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they played like they were the best out to beat the best. Was a really great game...I think Kipper has found his groove much like he did last year at this time. Loving that the Flames are 5 points ahead of Vancouver.....spaghetti boy can stay out a little while longer as far as I'm concerned. Sundin ain't gonna save them either. I predict he's gonna be a flop tonite. And I ain't buying into that bullshit about Kipper on cocaine.

I agree the boys are rockin and rollin now.. but as far as Kipper coming around.. i'm not so sure.

Did you see the stat they showed toward the end of the game last night.. first 20 games/last 20 games.. Kipper has actually let in 2 more goals in the last 20 than in the first 20.

BUT.. the boys are scoring alot more.. so, there ya go.

thank gawd for some depth on the team this year. spreading the scoring around makes a big big difference. bourque, glencross, moss and dammit even bertuzzi have been contributing nicely. if only kipper can get back to his old ways.

Guest RedWiggler

It would be nice as Kipper is still letting 2/3/4 goals in a game. That said the team looks better than ever right now hopefully they can keep it going.

Too bad the Flames don't have a good, young backup goalie...

Oh, right! They do...

Too bad Iron Mike wants to break his confidence for some strange reason. McIlhenny has played really well the coupla times

he's seen the ice, yet #34 gets nearly every start. I could kinda understand if Kipper was playing lights-out & stealing games,

but he's not. Nothing against Kipper; I'm a big fan. But, what's the point of developing young goalie prospects just to ship 'em

off to another team, without ever giving 'em a chance to play for the Flames. Might as well do what the Flames have done in the past:

carry a career backup goalie who only plays 6-7 games a year & wins 1 or 2 of those...

I think Curtis has looked calm & played great- no rookie jitters, even facing the Red Wings. Give him some starts, Mr. Keenan!

I really do like the team they've put together this year; guys like Bourque, Camellari, & Glencross are playing fantastic.

Nice to see that Iginla doesn't have to carry them every game!

i agree with u bob.. curtis need more icetime.. what the hell is wrong with giving him a dozen games or so this year? would keep kip a litttle fresh too. might be better long turm too for the playoff run rather than riding him till he collapses....

I'd say Kipper has been competant over the past month. not great - but then the team in front of him is excellent. I don't think Kipper playing every game has anything to do with Keenan - my bet is that this comes from Sutter.

In any event, as someone that has been critical of Sutter in the past, I have to say that he did a great job over the summer - the three biggest differences in the team this year are Bourque, Camm, and Glencross. As for Bert - the last game was the best since he joined the team (he didn't take any dumb penalties and no annoying behind the back passes - if only his back could permanently ail him).

One thing for sure - Curtis is 100% better at shoot-outs than kipper. He was awesome at the skills competition. Also - best shoot-out skill was Prust followed closely by Roy - go figure.

Guest RedWiggler

Its about time we started winning games we dont play good in. I have never seen Regher get hit as hard as he did last night, Janssen freakin smoked his ass. Anyways was at the game and besides all the fights it was real yawner.