Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about those Flames? l always enjoy them giving the Kings a beating :chainsaw: .. But all in all Calgary was lookin like a team last night everyone was contributing. Now lets see if the Oilers can follow suit against them tonight, since we softened them up for them :whistle: ...

I'm not sure what it looked like on TV - but from the stands - and this is coming from a Flames fan - looked like the kings got absolutley hosed on the penalties. Bert should have had about 4 penalties for holding alone.

When you have 9 powerplays and the other team 2 - hard to get too excited about the win. That said, it will make it easier to swallow when the Flames are on the other end (probably tonight, but definately on Saturday - 'cause its HNIC). Oh joy, get to hear Crapford do colour for the Canucks. Think I'll turn off the sound and listen to music instead.

lmao yall wish meng! better hope them swedes can out compete the flames cuz its all u really got.. for talent that is

Ha ha - somebody better tell Burrows, Kesler, Wellwood, Bieksa and Dimetra that!

They weathered the first nicely - now watch them boil, salt and can Kipper!

Yup - Calgary played that home and home very well.

They matched the 'Nucks defensive play and buried their opportunities when they needed to.

Is it just me, or was anybody else disappointed with the games? Seems like a two game series between these teams was a hard hitting, brawling, wide-open affair - in seasons past. It looked like beer league no-hit out there.

Ah well, congrats to the Flames for doing what they needed to (and doing it well) in securing the 4 points.

There will be a reckoning, though - ha ha!

I'd say the second Vcr win was won of the better all around games the Flames played this year. Solid up, back, and in net. The Flames know how to beat a team with limted talent like Vancouver (hell, they were the same team 4 years ago). Be patient, don't get frustrated, and eventually you'll win (or maybe even lose by a goal - but at least your odds of winning will be high). They've been doing it to Minn for the past 2 years.

Wow - took all off 2 shots before he let the 1st one in tonight. Like I said - if you look back throughout he year, he will let the first goal in within the first five shots on net at least 50% of the time. Most with the same goofy reboound right out front. How this guy gets the Molson star of the month 2 months in a row is beyond me.

And in the second period. Boom baby - 2nd shot again.

Funny thing - on both the first period and second period goal, it was the second shot only because he kicked out juicy rebounds on both - so really it should have only been one shot.

Good grief - Flames outshooting 16-7, completely dominating and yet down 2:1.

If the Flames had top 10 goaltending, they would be ahead of Detroit.

Can't complain about a 3-0 win, that's for sure!

Kipper played well the other night. Really well. So not surprising that tonight he let the second shot in tonight. The only consistency he has had this year is that he has not played well two games in a row.

As goes this guy, so goes the team. If they don't start developing Curtis or getting another goalie the flames will loiter with the likes of Edmonton for bottom of the division.

Outshooting montreal 8-2 and down by a goal.

Kipper played well the other night. Really well. So not surprising that tonight he let the second shot in tonight. The only consistency he has had this year is that he has not played well two games in a row.

As goes this guy, so goes the team. If they don't start developing Curtis or getting another goalie the flames will loiter with the likes of Edmonton for bottom of the division.

Outshooting montreal 8-2 and down by a goal.

Why are you so negative when they get scored on first.....like you can do better?

Why are you so negative when they get scored on first.....like you can do better?

Give me 6 million a year and I think I could stop the first 2 shots.

If it were once or twice - I wouldn't be negative. This guy has done this for more than two seasons and people keep speaking like he is an elite goalie - he is not.

Tonight is one in a string of times where he has gone up against and back-up, rookie, or back-up to back up - and been badly outplayed. I'll try harder not to be so negative - I know it is a downer - but it is frustrating to watch them play this guy game in game out.