Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moss ... Moss... Moss!!!!

Well... ok it was only one game but hey... maybe some of the kids are gonna break through this year. I love the new look flames...

I dont think we have any coasters on the team this year and I look forward to a team that gives 100% every shift, every game. I think they got a legit chance of making it to the post season... and when you get there anything can happen.

I look forward to how much the Canucks are going to SUCK this year...and the ensuing fun I'll have with the husband when they do :angel:smail:

Iggy, Bert and Langkow - that's the line to watch this year. Have a feeling something is brewing between Kipper and Keenan though - guess time will tell on that one. I CAN'T WAIT until regular season.....Flames are going to have an outstanding year.

And, Dave, come on. Toronto? I grew up there and I won't even vote for the Loser Leafs. Good God.....have some pride man.

I look forward to how much the Canucks are going to SUCK this year...and the ensuing fun I'll have with the husband when they do :angel:smail:

Iggy, Bert and Langkow - that's the line to watch this year. Have a feeling something is brewing between Kipper and Keenan though - guess time will tell on that one. I CAN'T WAIT until regular season.....Flames are going to have an outstanding year.

And, Dave, come on. Toronto? I grew up there and I won't even vote for the Loser Leafs. Good God.....have some pride man.

I don't know. Bertuzzi, Lombardi and Cammalleri had amazing chemistry the other night. Wouldn't be suprized if this was the line to watch.

Bert didn't really put up any points until he was on that line.

Will be interesting to watch to be sure.

I watched that beating from the hotel bar in Sherwood Park and have to say...it got awful quiet around there in an awful hurry.

Sure it's only preseason, but it sure looks like Edmonton could use some d. Should be good on Friday.

GO HABS GO!!!!!! Only preseason, but beating Detroit twice in a week is nice. The Wings are in a class of their own, but, I think Montreal can win the East IF Price bounces back from his playoff follies and plays well. He is very young. If anyone saw the game the other night it could be described as SPEED SPEED AND MORE SPEED.

Love to see a Habs Flames final........... I can dream....

I look forward to how much the Canucks are going to SUCK this year...and the ensuing fun I'll have with the husband when they do

Ha ha! The 'Nucks own the Flames - and sure look like they might all season. Thanks for coming all the way out to Vancouver - but maybe next time call ahead, so that Vancouver can dress the wives and girlfriends for the game - so Calgary stands a chance!

Let us all not comment on last night's game...I've endured enough already.

No, no, lets talk about the game in detail. :):):)

It's only preseason, my Canucks have plenty of time to crash and burn, but so far are looking good. Since this may be my only chance to gloat all year........WE SURE WHUPPED YOUR ASS REAL GOOD!!!! Next time, use a living, breathing goaltender and not a cardboard cut out. Who was that pylon that Mason Raymond skated round several times....oh yeah, Phaneuf!!!

There, that felt good.

You guy's are going to love Bertuzzi........on some nights, and hate him on others. He has a tendancy to play well for a stretch of games, then take a few nights off. If he sticks on Iginla's line all year he will do well.

No, no, lets talk about the game in detail. :):):)

It's only preseason, my Canucks have plenty of time to crash and burn, but so far are looking good. Since this may be my only chance to gloat all year........WE SURE WHUPPED YOUR ASS REAL GOOD!!!! Next time, use a living, breathing goaltender and not a cardboard cut out. Who was that pylon that Mason Raymond skated round several times....oh yeah, Phaneuf!!!

There, that felt good.

You guy's are going to love Bertuzzi........on some nights, and hate him on others. He has a tendancy to play well for a stretch of games, then take a few nights off. If he sticks on Iginla's line all year he will do well.

Ya Ya...preseason....bla bla. You Canucks fans are killing me. It's gonna be a funnnnnnnn year!!!!

I will predict one thing about Bert - Keenan will sit him on the bench more than once this year. Either because of his penchance for milling around the blue line and not backchecking or because he likes to take a few nights off. That's one thing I admire about Keenan (and I'm grasping at straws here because I haven't found a fondness for him as coach yet) - he won't hesitate to sit players when they're not performing - no matter who they are.

Nucks fan here... nice preseason game last night vs the flames, doesnt mean squat but still fun to watch! All the critics say the canucks will suck and miss the playoffs this year which I dont understand because I think the team they will ice this year will be the best lineup they've had in the past 3 years. 2 years ago they made it to the second round of the playoffs and also captured the NW division title. On paper, the flames have better players than the canucks but as a team I think the canucks will do better and be very hard to play against given their gritty forwards, D, and goaltender.

As for Bert, good luck with him calgary fans...watch him float around and do donuts at the blue line and then take dumb penalties on your own power play...he'll never be the same player as he was before the 'incident'.

Ya Ya...preseason....bla bla. You Canucks fans are killing me. It's gonna be a funnnnnnnn year!!!!

I will predict one thing about Bert - Keenan will sit him on the bench more than once this year. Either because of his penchance for milling around the blue line and not backchecking or because he likes to take a few nights off. That's one thing I admire about Keenan (and I'm grasping at straws here because I haven't found a fondness for him as coach yet) - he won't hesitate to sit players when they're not performing - no matter who they are.

You will never find a fondness for Keenan. No matter how well the Flames do, he'll still be a miserable pr!(k. Seems to get results though (except with the Canucks that is).

That's one thing I admire about Keenan (and I'm grasping at straws here because I haven't found a fondness for him as coach yet) - he won't hesitate to sit players when they're not performing - no matter who they are.

We'll see how he handles Kipper. Is it me or has he been scored on first minute about 8 games over the past two seasons?

He was great in '04 when the team wasn't, but since then he has been beneficiary of a very good team in front of him. This isn't bandwagon jumping - he did not play well last year for the entire year (starting with a string of losses in pre-season that carried over in to regular season). As far as I'm concerned, the team carried him - .906 save % isn't going to get it done.

The only time he played really well last year was after Joseph went in for a game and played great. If he doesn't feel he is playing for his job, he just does not seem to get it done. Maybe if Keenan plays Mc for a few games, he get it together early.

Rememeber the goalie Calgary lost to in the Finals? He just cleared waivers and his save % and GAA were better than Kipper's last year - and he played for a Chicago team that was awful.

He was great in '04 when the team wasn't, but since then he has been beneficiary of a very good team in front of him. This isn't bandwagon jumping - he did not play well last year for the entire year (starting with a string of losses in pre-season that carried over in to regular season). As far as I'm concerned, the team carried him - .906 save % isn't going to get it done.

I'm a HUGE Kiprusoff fan but, admittedly, he frightens me. He was a wildcard last year - you never knew what you were gonna get out of him pre and early season and then, as if by magic, he got his game on after Christmas. He certainly wasn't the rock steady goalie of '04 but I don't think his time is anywhere near done (better not be with the remaining years he's got on his contract). I think he's got a few winning seasons left in him - he just has to get his groove faster than he did last year. There were some games where I just couldn't bare to watch - I hope it's not the same this year.

GO HABS GO!!!!!! Only preseason, but beating Detroit twice in a week is nice. The Wings are in a class of their own, but, I think Montreal can win the East IF Price bounces back from his playoff follies and plays well. He is very young. If anyone saw the game the other night it could be described as SPEED SPEED AND MORE SPEED.

Love to see a Habs Flames final........... I can dream....

I watched some of that Habs/Wings game on TSN...unbelievable how loud those fans are for a pre-season game. And the speed/intensity was awesome, that game made the flames/Oilers look like minor league teams. That one save Price made was ridiculous! I think they will be a very strong team this year, hopefully Price will be able to handle the pressures of playoff hockey better than he did in the Philly series last year...

OK Guys,,,,,,let's seriously make a pact not to address any Canucks/Flames games unless the Flames win. The Canucks half of my marriage is absolutely insufferable when they win and I just can't take it.

P.S. The defense didn't show up last night. And Vancouver has the best goalie in the league. Hopefully 1 of the 2 show up tomorrow night.

Onwards and upwards - tomorrow night will be revenge.....and it shall be sweet....and we shall talk about it Sunday morning. I hope.