Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Flames' problem the last few years is that they just don't step on their opponents throat when they have the chance. They've sure looked a lot better of late...here's hoping they keep it up.

And man oh man, do I LOVE Bertuzzi in the flaming C!

Guest RedWiggler

I hear you man, we always let the other team back in the game, that said I think the only reason that game was close last night was becuase of Thomas. He played really good and we out shot them huge in the 2nd, if Kipper is not floundering around like Patrick Roy behind our own net then the Bruins only score 1 goal, man I hate that deer in the headlights look he has on his face every time he flips his mask up after a goal. For anyone that was not at the game, they did a little spoof on Curtis (dont know how to spell his last name) the backup goalie between periods. They had the cameras with him while he was down flyfishing the Bow, they showed him hookup and then lose a fish, thought that was kinda neat.

GO FLAMES!!!!!!

I hear you man, we always let the other team back in the game, that said I think the only reason that game was close last night was becuase of Thomas. He played really good and we out shot them huge in the 2nd, if Kipper is not floundering around like Patrick Roy behind our own net then the Bruins only score 1 goal, man I hate that deer in the headlights look he has on his face every time he flips his mask up after a goal. For anyone that was not at the game, they did a little spoof on Curtis (dont know how to spell his last name) the backup goalie between periods. They had the cameras with him while he was down flyfishing the Bow, they showed him hookup and then lose a fish, thought that was kinda neat.

GO FLAMES!!!!!!

Thats Curtis McElhinney fly fishin the Bow, the video has been up on the flames website for a couple of months. I thought it was cool he gets out and does some flyfishin as well. I often wonder how many professional sports players flyfish. I can see it now Iginla tossing streamers, Kipper tossing dry fly's, Phaneuf? well he already spends to much time down at the university bar takin home new women every night. So he defenitly needs a new hobbie. Some of the ladys l know call him dirty phaneuf... But what he does on his own time is alright by me as long as he doesnt slip up come game time. Go Flames

Hawgstopper,

All those Kipper haters wouldn't come on and say anything cause since they were mouthing off about him he has had 2 shut outs and like 4 games I think, but if he has a couple of bad games then they will be on again!

I will.

The difference between the first 6 games and the last 4 was that instead of playing horribly, Kipprusoff has played average. His bet performance was Nashville, although he gave up 3 goals on 10 shots in the 2nd - but he was the difference. He remains 31st in save % despite his team winning 5 straight, likewise his GAA is still 3. And unless you can see into the future - he has one shut-out not two.

He was not the difference in any of the wins except the Nashville win. it could be argued he was the difference against Col, but more because Budaj was poor, Bourque dominated the period, and Col hit the post twice (Calgary also outshot Col 10-2 in the third). The Col game could have gone either way until mid-way through the 3rd.

Like I said I am a fan of the TEAM - but when players aren't playing up to expectations on a consistent basis, I won't pretend they are. If Kipper has 8 out of 10 games in a row where he plays great (even if team loses), I'll be the first to say so. That does not mean he wasn't stinking it up in the first 5 games. Unfortunately for Kipper, when you're one of the top paid Goaltenders in the league, people will expect you to consistently perform like a top goalie in the leaugue. he has not done this for the past 2 1/2 seasons.

Guest RedWiggler

I agree with everything you said except for the fact that he did make a differance in the Boston game, IMO. So far this year Kipper has underachieved huge, he needs to be better plain and simple. Good point about the shutouts he has only had one this year, I did not want to point that out as I surely would haved been flamed for it.

Its good to be able to discuss without getting flamed but there are some haters here that just want to stir *hit up or are only concerned with how they see it.

I didn't think HNIC could do worse than Garrett for colour, but Crawford is even worse. All the guy said the entire third period, was "We'll see if this young kings team can come back" over and over again. A little different than the Leafs game.

Might not have been pretty, but when you have <EDIT eight > powerplays against you - I defy any team to play cohesively. Kings had 20 of 41 shots on the powerplay. I think the shot counter was a little genrous - kings went from 34-41 shots in the last minute.

Really nice the way the kings practically trampled Kipper in the last minute and no call, after Iginla barely touches Labarbera and gets called. A great job by the Zebras to try and make it close.

Kipper played well tonight.

I gotta say I'm not going to complain about a win... I thought the flames should demolish the kings but having said that I thought the Kings played a HELL of a game. And we still won it... thanks to Kipper. He was very, very solid, and stole this game.

Can the team rebound from a hard and very exhuasting game tonight and get the ducks tommorow? I hope so!

I gotta say I'm not going to complain about a win... I thought the flames should demolish the kings but having said that I thought the Kings played a HELL of a game. And we still won it... thanks to Kipper. He was very, very solid, and stole this game.

Can the team rebound from a hard and very exhuasting game tonight and get the ducks tommorow? I hope so!

Nope.

<--poke--<

Trying to find the game tonight in HD ,last year on shaw there was channel 289 or something like that. I noticed its all changed, looks like all PPV .Anybody know?Watching the game on peasant vision(ch27)just doesnt doit for me .

I'm watching it on 27 too but I think I'll tie some flies while its on.