Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedWiggler
*yawn*

Question for you, why do you always insult people, maybe you should go sit in the sin bin for awhile!

BTW I didn't see it on the T.V since I was at the game and listening to it on the Fan 960 and Peter Mar was saying he should of gotten a game misconduct by the rules, so shut your stupid Trap LOUD MOUTH

Oh btw I am not against you cause if you didn't see my debate with max ealier?

Retard, stupid, loudmouth, its good to see you are expanding your vocabulary, for an 8 year old..............lol!!!!!

Guest RedWiggler
Pickle brain!

Birchy whats up with you man? Couple of insults, why you? I understand why Bhurt, Toolman, Rickr take shots at me, but you. Toolman & Bumhurt are best buddies the stick up for each other, Rickr enjoy's verbally beating people down, whats your story.......just trying real hard to be one of the boys?????? You seem like a nice a guy I guess acceptance is more important to you.....sorry about that dude, I actually thought I could discuss hockey with you, Flames or Oilers. I responded to a comment made about the 9 minute penalty and then I had to defend myself. You should become a little bit more aware of who you are to people before you start picking sides. I was just a heated Flames fan showing my displeasure with the calls, honestly I dont think I should have to defend myself to other Flames fans, we should all be on the same page.

Guest RedWiggler
Question for you. How do you know he had his mouth open? Not everyone has to sound out the words as they type.

Thats good, LOL!!!!

What a beautiful body check.

No doubt.

I think its absolutely moronic that someone "needs to be punished" because they hit someone (1) clean (2) fair and square. That a fight would result from that is total cowardice from whichever Flame that was that pounded on Sloan.

Its absurd to think that its some sort of "sin" to think that just because you're a "rookie" in your "first" game you suddenly aren't allowed to make a clean hit on an opponent. Utter, total nonsense. If some young kid busted his arse to make it to the big leagues, then he plays how he plays. I don't care who's got the puck, if you have your head down and defenceman lines you up and you get nailed cleanly, suck it up princess, I say.

You may think I'm saying this as an Oiler fan. I'm not. I'm saying this as a hockey fan whose seen the beloved game completely pervert the role of enforcer. An enforcer deters people the opponents from taking cheap shot liberties with anyone on the team - but mostly the superstars. This whole "you're not allowed to touch Gretzky/Lemieux" is just wussy silliness. And the stars know that.

I remember a game when Gretzky was playing for the Blues, and Buchberger just rocked Gretzky with a thunderous hit. Post-game interview, classy guy that he is, Gretzky acknowledged that Buchberger was a clean player, it was a clean hit, and he (Gretz) should have had his head up.

Don't have anything to say about the aftermath or whether it should have been 7 or 9 minutes. Whatever. But good God, if we're all condemned to watch hockey that bans or punishes clean bodychecking, I might as well watch chess.

Smitty

But that's not the issue. The only reason that Bourque recieved nine minutes is because he was the instigator which is an automatic 2 minutes. Then he got the five for fighting because he dropped his gloves and pounded the dude like he was on UFC doing a "ground and pound" the 10 minute is an automatic for being the instigator and the other 2 for roughing.....not sure where that came from, but he should have had 7 for sure.

5 for dropping the gloves - watch the video. Either Rene was wearing 4 gloves, or Sloan dropped them also.

And Smitty - we all know you are brilliant and not at all biased. Since you brought up Gretzky - Isn't it a good job that no-one ever started a fight when he got hit? Seems to me I was in the crowd in Winnipeg when he got bumped (barely) by Barry Long and Cementhead came from the far corner and broke his nose. Pretty much every time Wayne got hit, someone else jumped in:

Whether it should or should not happen is not the question, the question is whether it does or does not happen. It happens. Since you like the word absurd, how about this. If on his way, Bourque had stopped to take off his helmet, then proceeded to jump Sloan - he would only have received 7 minutes. That's absurd.

they are talking about who u think is better...... check teh poll at the bottom and read teh article.. they are comparing the two players..... and if it boiled down too who i would rather see in a flames jersey..luongo all teh way..

Yeah I read the article, but it's a silly comparison, like Shawn Horcoff vs. Sidney Crosby. I can't believe how many people voted Kipper.

And Smitty - we all know you are brilliant and not at all biased. Since you brought up Gretzky - Isn't it a good job that no-one ever started a fight when he got hit? Seems to me I was in the crowd in Winnipeg when he got bumped (barely) by Barry Long and Cementhead came from the far corner and broke his nose. Pretty much every time Wayne got hit, someone else jumped in:

Whether it should or should not happen is not the question, the question is whether it does or does not happen. It happens. Since you like the word absurd, how about this. If on his way, Bourque had stopped to take off his helmet, then proceeded to jump Sloan - he would only have received 7 minutes. That's absurd.

Thanks for the compliment. And thank-you for making my point; its nice we agree completely on this issue. ;)

Smitty

Hey Smitty no one ever fought Grettzky cause if someone did they would have to answer to the Goons that edmonton had *cough* Messise *cough*

BTW just cause I am calling mark a goon does not mean I am saying he wasn't a good player, one of the best d-men in the history of the game, but when it came down to protecting players you never wanted to piss off mark cause you usally got your ass whooped.

Hey Smitty no one ever fought Grettzky cause if someone did they would have to answer to the Goons that edmonton had *cough* Messise *cough*

What the hell are you talking about? Gretzky was a force to deal with. I mean come on, watch how he nearly puts out Sykes then kicks the *hit out of Broten. The guy was dangerous. Learn your hockey history if you're going to spout off like that.

Hey weedy,

Please answer me this question since obviously I don't know *insert sarcasm*, how many fights did wayne get into vs the amount of games he played?

By the way the skyes figt was gretkey's first fight as Don Cherriy says it was more like a tago line and the comic music playin in the background just proves how much of a fight it really was, that fight btw was emabarrsing, as wyane was taken to the ground and they rolled around as kurri tried to pull him off.

Sure wayne may of gotten into the rare fight but he was always on the losing end.

Also when he faught broden the announcer even says "IN A RARE EXAMPLE OF TAKIN MATTERS IN HIS OWN HAND" he even goes on to say it was a BAD IDEA

Also when he went after Norton in 93/94 when he played for LA he didn't even throw a punch?

Also when Grekety slashed dave taylor, and dave taylor flattened wayne with one punch there was a all out brawl.

Question you look up your grekety fights on you tube?

I tried googling grekety fights and found very little

Birchy whats up with you man? Couple of insults, why you? I understand why Bhurt, Toolman, Rickr take shots at me, but you. Toolman & Bumhurt are best buddies the stick up for each other, Rickr enjoy's verbally beating people down,

Hey man, it wasn't personal. You are by far not the only person who believes in Betman's the US conspiracy theory. I was poking fun at the theory, not you. Actually, I was poking fun at Canadians in general, and Canadian hockey fans in particular.

7 games in. This should be fun.

Guest RedWiggler

I did not see or hear the game last night but hey must have done something right to get they win. Kipper still let 3 in though eh!! that would = 30 goals against in 7 starts. Come on Kipper get your stuff together we need you brother. Whats good about this year so far is that our 3 new players, Bourque, Camm's and Bert all are producing every game with the exception of Bert last night but I think he got hurt didnt he? I saw Lomardi get hurt watching highlites, that didnt look to good, he looked really hurt.......hope for the best.

Rickr I did not take your post personally, after a year or so of reading posts I have gathered that you are pretty witty guy that has verbally put the smack down on alot of people and I for one wont be one of them, you can if you want I just wont respond...lol!! I threw you in there because I believe that you 3 are 3 of the most confrontational people on the website that contribute to alot of the ugliness and I think thats because the 3 of you come off as thinking you are better than others and I know you all know each other (mind you, you have not been posting much lately). Toolman, who talks about themselves like that, he is a self back patter and its pathetic. I believe that some one brought up a gang mentality awhile back and that is exactly what happens, one of you get into it and then the rest of you come flying in there, right or wrong it doesnt matter. Sorry man its just how us peons on the other side see and read things. The reason I get involved is because I just cant sit back and read these posts from these assholes anymore without talking back, which in turn gets me into trouble on the forum..........lol (which is a product of having particular groups on the forum), I cant believe I dont have 1100 people backing me up when the *hit goes down. Anyways thats how I feel and I know plenty of others feel the same way, so you can say whatever you want to or about me I dont care, you talk circles around people and can make anyone here look like a stupid idiot so I wont verbally get into it with you. As far as those other 2 buttholes go, I cant even believe I let those pathetic loser's bother me..........but they do lolol, its the way they talk about themselves and others. Geezuz I thought golfers put themselves on a pedastal. :peesout:

PS: GO FLAMES GO......................LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!