Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one shitty game the sky is fallin... kip is notorious for a shitty first quarter.. smae with the whole team.. keenan shifted lines around tons and knowone got in any sort of rhythm.. we were missing regehr wich was a major hit on t defence too..... it was only one game.... one shitty horrible game.. but im not too worried

only thing the nuck have is a golaie..who makes a goalie captaiin anyway? and without teh wonder twins they would be worse than edmonsuck......

Calgary played a great game. They got lazy and it cost them the lead but the bottom line is that bad f*cking officiating cost them that game. That brutal call-that-wasn't-even-close-to-a-call on Bert in the remaining minute and that non-call on Burrows for tripping that let him skate down the ice and set up the winner is the reason the Canucks won. Calgary deserved that win.

Calgary deserved that win.

If they had deserved it, they woulda won it.

I concur the Bert hit should have been a boarding/diving even up - but Luongo getting called in the first was undeserved - officiating will always be random to some extent.

I think that game came down to heart - the 'Nucks came back in somebody else's building and showed they have it - the Flames lost the lead in their home opener - well, you can draw your own conclusions.

I agree, the Bertuzzi call was perhaps a bit harsh. A marginal penalty that should have had a diving penalty to the Canuck player as well. The ref's had a golden opportunity to even things up with a call on Burrows, but the whistle stayed in the pocket, and he sets up the winner a few seconds later.

But that could be called a make-up for the penalty on Luongo. Luongo never touched the guy yet got nailed. It all balances out in the end, and in the end the Canucks won!!!

A make-up call is the worst excuse I have ever heard. These guys are paied to do their jobs. I understand they can't see everything but to say oh well they didn't get a penalty because there was a bad call is plain stupid. Not saying the reefs said that just expressing my veiw.

There will always be bad calls no matter what sport you play in, but in the end a poor sport blames the reefs.

I watched both games and lost $20 on the games but my take is this.

The flames are using a new system (more agressive offense) and it will take them time to be able to adjust to this new system. Also there are quite a few new faces on the team and these players need time to be able to adjust to each other.

After 2 games (one which was just painful to watch) I was impressed with the flames. Just wait and see they will get better or there will be some trades that will happen.

I love the fans here in Calgary, with only 5 games played and 70+ more to go they are ready to hang playes. TRUE fans would hang in there and cheer, now if this was happening and it was mid season well that would be diffrent, but with a 80+ game sechudule and only 5 games in people are starting to speculate about stuff..... Hey it is a long season and teams are bound to have winning and losing streaks, I much rather have our losing streaks at the beginning of the year then at the end when every point counts (looks like the Northwetern division and the Western Cofernce oing to be tuff again)

As for kipper, well the team still got to the playoffs (something they were unable to do in the 90's) but unless he pulls miricules out of his ass he is slipping and done with, isn't this afterall a TEAM sport. Why not look at the TEAM CAPTAIN, after all how much has Iggy done, 1G 2A man he must be slipping also, lets get ride of him too. Also what about Daid Moss who we brought back up from the minors and whom has 1G 0A. Mathew Lambardi with 1G 0A. The only three players in my mind doing their job is Big Bert with 5G 0A and Cammallerie with 1G and 4A, and David Langkow with 1G 5A. Now lets go to the D, I personally think they could be playing alot better then they are, I know the flames are playing more agrresive O with bring up a Defensive man during the attack but they have to put on the wheels and get back to the defensive zone when need be cause with just one defensiveman and kipper just isn't enough and I hink some of the players need to get some heart and play harder.

Last year the fans were screaming that we needed more scores, which I might add we did do with the additions of Bert and Cammallerie, and now they are crying that we need more Defensive players, sorry but can't have it all!

Guest RedWiggler
no its the longterm contract and big money...... im all for big money jsut no longterm deal too make someone feel comfortable and stop competing......... specially a goalie

Exactly!!!!!! MInd you Kipper has not played good since the Flames went to the finals. Personally I have never been convinced that he is a great goalie and if he keeps [laying like this he certainly wont be.

no its the longterm contract and big money...... im all for big money jsut no longterm deal too make someone feel comfortable and stop competing......... specially a goalie

Hey Max,

NO offence but kippers four year contact is pretty mild compare to some out there, look at Ovichken (sp) and Lunago (sp) long term contract and kippers not that bad, and hey if it is why not slag on some of the other players on the flames that have long year contacts ( 4 year contract just like kipper) that have yet to do much *cough* Iggy *cough* Reghair (sp)

Not bashing any one player but a 4 year contact in todays NHL is pretty normal, we could always go back to the old days when we had players jumpin from team to team, just so they can get the big bucks and play one maybe two years then was gone when another team offered more money. With Salary Caps now, players are forced to sign longer contacts so they can get what they feel they are worth.

I do not belive a 4 year contact is a long term, but hey why not just blame one person when there are other players out there in the exact same boat!

I belive the flames haven't been playin that bad either, yes they need to win hockey games of course, but I think that will come togather once the lines start playin as a TEAM and not indivuduals.

Oh and one last thing get over the 04 season, that is 4 years ago and the game of Hockey has changed alot since then.

Hey Max,

NO offence but kippers four year contact is pretty mild compare to some out there, look at Ovichken (sp) and Lunago (sp) long term contract and kippers not that bad, and hey if it is why not slag on some of the other players on the flames that have long year contacts ( 4 year contract just like kipper) that have yet to do much *cough* Iggy *cough* Reghair (sp)

Not bashing any one player but a 4 year contact in todays NHL is pretty normal, we could always go back to the old days when we had players jumpin from team to team, just so they can get the big bucks and play one maybe two years then was gone when another team offered more money. With Salary Caps now, players are forced to sign longer contacts so they can get what they feel they are worth.

I do not belive a 4 year contact is a long term, but hey why not just blame one person when there are other players out there in the exact same boat!

I belive the flames haven't been playin that bad either, yes they need to win hockey games of course, but I think that will come togather once the lines start playin as a TEAM and not indivuduals.

Oh and one last thing get over the 04 season, that is 4 years ago and the game of Hockey has changed alot since then.

giving long term contracts to iggy, phaneuf and any other player is fine IMHO jsut not goalies.. since 04 we have givin him a few big bucks and now a 4 year deal and HE SUCKS... iggy has played good same with dion.. wutta ya expect 50 goals in 5 games gimmie a breakk. iggy always starts out slow.. and dion is amazing 28 minutes a game he is averaging right now MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE IN TE LEAGUE both of them deserve a 10 year deal.. there albertan and amazing players.... bert and camelleri are both on the last year of there contract and trying too make a thick paycheck nextyear DUHHH players play amazing all t time.. check out huselius lastyear........ kipper.. needs too live life on te edge the only years he was god were his first 2 when he didnt have a nice longterm big buck deal.. giv eihm big money but only 2 year deals so he hasto keep it together and earn it... iggy has earned every penny and will continue to do so... he has 3 points and lanks has 6 and who do u figure they are playing with.. bert..... were the **** do u think he is getting set up from. lay off iggy cuz u aint watching the whole game....... what about the backchecking.. lanks n iggy do most of it.. bert hardly does...... its a team game like u said and jsut cuz bert has 5 goals and igy has one dont mean its going too be berts team.... hes our captain and does alot for our team INCLUDING FIGHT WHEN THE REST ALL BITCH OUT .. regehr is playing good to.. he isnt a goal scorer never ever has bin.. he plays solid D that is what he has and always does.....so expecting him too get madd points is IMHO foolish.. and hey kip has helped us get to the playoffs but we cant get pasat the first round ... another first round chokeout aint good enough for this born n raised flames fan....... and your big money goalie should win u big tim games like in teh playoffs like he did in 04..... shouldnt he? or is jsut making it into the playoff then geting knocked out god enough for you? the only thing keenan is starting too bug me with is mixing up the lines non stop. how the hell is anyone suppose to gel when u never play mre than a shift or two with one another.. he wasnt doing too too to much the last game but the first 4 it was non stop!

Hey max what you expect out of kipper then shut out every game?

Hey never said anything about pheauf but he can't be out on the ice all the time.

Brett was also brought on as a big guy to screen the goalie and generate points on the board which he has done.

Not kickin around Iggy but everyone IMO are blamming one person when the WHOLE team isn't playin up to its par. Also Kipper stated when calgary where signing him that this would be his last contract and he would be retiring afterward (we shall see when the time comes if this is true or not)

I expect Iggy as our top snipper to get goals or even assist (a defenseman has more points then him right now), that is what his role along as beeing a leader, and other then last year the last time Iggy got 50 goals was in 2001-2002, infact from te 2005-06 season to 2002-03 season iggy has only gotten over 40 goals once and that was in 03-04 season with 41 goals. Oh and another thing, sure iggy had a couple of great fights but did it help them win the game?

I don't expect the team to bow out in playoffs but it is without a doubt a huge improvement then 10 years without even getting to the playoffs. So do you expect Kipper to do everything in the playoffs, we lost in first round in game 7 with one of the best teams in NHL, the sharks diffently played aswome.

And the year before we did in fact lose out in the first round but managed to take 1st in regular season for the western division which isn't the easiest thing to do.

If hussialias was so good why isn't he with the team this year?