• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Rocknbugs
how is it that noone has bid on bbb's oldman collection? i bid $50

I believe that the opening bid on a few of the items is to high. I think/know the bids and money would come if the opening bids were set a little/alot lower. People want to know or think they are getting a bargain when participating in an auction, unless there is a rare item that you are willing to pay for because you just want it, unfortunately flies are not that rare item. I know that I would love to bid on some of these flies but once I know I can go to the store and get it cheaper than the opening bid, enough said. This is just my opinion to the question asked and is not intended to piss anyone off.

:):):)

You guys (and gals) are nothing short of incredible!!.......When our Streamwatch Committee met to plan our attack and do the budget, we were hoping for $2000-$2500 from the auction...........We are now well over $5000 and the bids and items, keep on coming in!!..........Absolutely FANTASTIC!!..........And keep in mind that if we exceed our budget this year, the funds will carry over for next---every penny donated or bid, will stay with Streamwatch............Keep it up folks and many thanks!!

Al Caldwell

Southern Alberta Streamwatch

:):):)

Al,

A BIG thanks to you also for doing so much for the waters we love with Streamwatch - This auction would likely not have gotten to where it is without your impetus. A big thanks to Toolman too for doing a great job with running the auction.

Glen

I believe that the opening bid on a few of the items is to high. I think/know the bids and money would come if the opening bids were set a little/alot lower. People want to know or think they are getting a bargain when participating in an auction, unless there is a rare item that you are willing to pay for because you just want it, unfortunately flies are not that rare item. I know that I would love to bid on some of these flies but once I know I can go to the store and get it cheaper than the opening bid, enough said. This is just my opinion to the question asked and is not intended to piss anyone off.

$50 for what bbb said may be 24 flies is barely above retail and it gives someone (like students) a chance to support something worthwhile in a way that allows them to not spent next months rent/beer fund. my hundredth of a toonie.

OK I'll probably get to row the boat, play with the jet thingy on the back and get the CJ impossibly stuck sometime next year. But since this is for a good cause I've gotta bump the bid for #9 to $525. I hope someone will top this as a day on the Bow with Fishhead is well worth it. I've drifted with him a lot of times over the last 18 or so years and have become an obsessed fishead myself as a result. I can think of only one or two trips where I came up empty handed either due to my incompetence or downright foul weather. He consistantly gets me into trophy sized fish when no-one else seems to be having a lot of luck and his shore lunches are to die for. My last trip in October last year was the best fishing day I have ever had. I caught fish on nearly every cast, broke my 586 XP and took home a shitpile of good memories.

Oh and he is really adept at taking large stimulators out of the side of my face with only a modicum of pain being inflicted.

The only drawback is that we are both going blind as we get older, tieing #22 tricos on while sightfishing is getting rather comical what with both of us getting our reading glasses out to see the fly let alone the fish.

SnaG05

24. GRANITE TROUT ETCHING...Your choice of Rainbow, Bull, Brown, Cutt or Brook Trout.

Donated by, Glenbow Flyfishing

-Starting bid: $75

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26. TECUMSEH MOUNTAIN FISHING HOLIDAY... Sept-Oct.

This 3 day guided fishing package includes, 3 nights accomodations for 2 guests, at the "Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch", in Blairmore, AB, compliments of owner/flyfisherman, Kai Eckhardt.

http://mountainguestranch.com/

Explore the many wonderfull fishing opportunites the area has to offer, for 3 adventure filled days, with your Host, veteran Guide, Brian Peace. Relax and enjoy the comfortable and fully furnished, Log Cabin accomodations, at the end of a long days fishing, in a beautifull mountain setting. A fishing Holiday to treasure for a lifetime.

Winning bidder will be responsible for their own transportation too/from the Ranch. Food and beverages not included.

-Starting bid: $1,200

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

31. BOW RIVER DRIFT...with Host/Guide SamIam

More info. from Sam...

"I'll provide a full day float trip on any of the following runs - Banff to Canmore, Glenmore to 22X or Policemans, 22X or Policemans to McKinnons, or Mckinnons to Carseland. Leave as early in the morning as they want and stay out as late in the day as they want. I will pick up the shuttle fee's, (except on the Banff float, we would have to take an extra vehicle and do it ourselves) and streamside lunch and beverages. Can also supply gear if needed. Any day during the week or on the weekend is fine with me. Can take two or three fisherman, but only two can fish simultaneously." Sam

Starting bid: $350

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are looking for first bids on these items folks...

Those granite etchings from Glenbow are some seriously nice pieces of work. And a great classy addition to any fly fishermans home check out the slideshow at http://www.glenbowflyfishing.com/slides/gr...out/default.htm

They honestly don't do the granites justice but aren't fish in pics always like that? Glenbow will correct me if I am wrong I hope but these thing are laser etched and have a high level of detail...... Measure about 12" by 12" (approx glen would know exact)