Fly Fusion Forums

Blood Clot On The Brain.

Been in the hospital with my 6 year old son since Friday morning. We went for a bike ride thursady night, he took his helmut off and was delirious in pain and throwing up with in 2 minutes and in the hospital within hrs. Yesterday the neurologist ruled and aneurism (thank god), that was some massive relief, that said he does a have clot on the back of his brain :( wtf going on here?? all of a sudden life just goes the other way! Apparently this will be a bit of a process. Its hard to see your kid like that, its harder to hear that there is something wrong with him or her, %$!!!!!! Everythings changed, the new focus will be his brain and making sure its okay, Nothing else matters.

• Like 1

Foamy, I feel for you, take care of your family. The rest can wait. About two years ago I developed blood clots that progressed to my lungs. I had never felt pain like that before. This is serious, just take care of your son.

4 kids, I've seen a lot of kid stuff. This aint like that, this fear is unlike any other I've experienced. They aren't sure why this things there so they're going to do an MRI now. I know its good to know but, this is not a good situation.

Sorry for the buzz kill. Im at home doing laundry to take back up to the hospital, my wife hasn't come home yet and to be honest I'm losing it right now. doing this is helping not put things through my living room window

sorry if I've seriously offended anyone, i really mean that.

I here you buddy, save the livingroom window. I speak from experience. You may feel better but fall back on us brother. I have had 2 clots(not fun). But when it is your child, you would do anything to take their place. We are all in your corner. I am not overly religious bro, but having had a serious incident with a young family member years ago, I know support helps, be it on the forum and in prayer. I will say a few for your family. Keep us posted and hug you wife and kids for all of us. Hang in there Dad.

sorry if I've seriously offended anyone, i really mean that.

Buddy BF you have offended no one. We can be a big support group to you and family. Use the board. If there is some way we can help I have no doubt many will. Can PM if there is something you need. Nothing more important than family and health.

Folks at the Children's hospital are top notch. When my daughter had some intra-cranial bleeding from a car accident the care she received was excellent. Hope they can quickly figure out where the blood came from. Praying for wisdom for the medical staff and good health for your boy

Big foamy don't let rage overtake your emotions. I wish your little one all the best, and hoping he gets better soon. Stay strong dude, keep up your optimism, rage when out on water.

Gonna hug and kiss my 3 year old more often after reading this.

Sorry to hear, I'm assuming you are at the Childrens Hospital, if so you're in good hands. We never wish this stuff on our children but when it happens its good to know there is a facility like the Childrens Hospital to take them to. Stay strong and don't forget to take some time for yourself, an hour or two on the river provides a whole lot of clarity on these types of situations.

Colin and family.

My oldest has a brain condition. Hydrocephalus. She is well, thankfully, but I know there is something about brain conditions that puts fear in you like nothing else. It will always be there, and is life changing. Hang in there, but know it is doable. You'll get there. And, as I think Colin said, make sure you and the wife attend to yourselves as well. Burning out will not do your child any favours. Just a bit of time on the river will get you weeks ahead, mentally, and help you do what you need to do to get your family through this.