Fly Fusion Forums

If You Could Live Anywhere In Canada, Where Would It Be???

I was just talking with my wife the other day about potentially moving from Calgary and getting away from all the hustle and bustle of the big city. Then we started to brainstorm some cool places to live throughout Canada (like: Halifax, Kelowna, Montreal..etc). So my question is: If you could live anywhere in Canada, and employment or cost of living weren't that big of an issue (not that it isn't), then where would you live???

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I retired from the army they would have moved me and the family any where I wanted...

Well I picked right here in SWAB LA..

Lethbridge Alberta... big enough city to get what I need and close enough to the great fishing that this area offers....

Will only move from here with the earthworms chewing my remains..

I work for a big, nasty multinational company. We transfer people here from literally all over the world. Only problem is getting them to leave.

Grass may be greener somewhere else, but it's pretty green here. Lived in quite a few places, in Canada and the US. Be tough to get me to leave.

Your Texas ass will be deported one of these days Rick!! :ridemcowboy:;)

I work for a big, nasty multinational company. We transfer people here from literally all over the world. Only problem is getting them to leave.

Grass may be greener somewhere else, but it's pretty green here. Lived in quite a few places, in Canada and the US. Be tough to get me to leave.

Vancouver island all the way!

Second that. I lived in Comox when I was in the air force. I've also lived in Ottawa, Trenton, Moose Jaw, Winnipeg, Germany, spent 2 summers in Quebec, a year in Torono, and now Calgary. No place came close to Comox - itwas awsome. Skiing, fishing, and golfing in the same day was not rare - great flyfishing streams, incredible weather, and lots of wilderness 20 minutes from your house. If employment wasn't an issue - I'd be there for sure.

Great question. Yah know, I have had the opportunity to live in some of the most beautiful places in Canada....Tofino, Revelstoke, Canmore, Cochrane, but you know as much as I love each of those places, when my wife and I move back to Canada in a few years from here in Sweden I would really love to settle down in Longview, on the Highwood preferably. I find that place absolutely magical. Then again Tofino wasnt bad either, that would definately be my second choice =)

I'm gonna add... but when I rolling west on 519, cross that height of land about 15 mile east of Granum, a chinook building in the west and backlit mountains and foothills fill about 170 degrees of the horizon is when I realize why the hell I keep coming back to this country................dammit!!

I was just talking with my wife the other day about potentially moving from Calgary and getting away from all the hustle and bustle of the big city. Then we started to brainstorm some cool places to live throughout Canada (like: Halifax, Kelowna, Montreal..etc). So my question is: If you could live anywhere in Canada, and employment or cost of living weren't that big of an issue (not that it isn't), then where would you live???
I left Kelowna to come out here for the same reason.....so scratch it off your list.

Guest RedWiggler

If I could live anywere in Canada I would still pick HAWAII!!!! I hate winter so much that I actually lose sleep over it, If I never saw snow again it would be to soon!!!!!!!! :$*%&:

Definitely nowhere near a city. I have a bit of a soft spot for the Yukon and NWT, but doubt I'd be able to handle more winter than I already get. There are parts of Sask. that I don't mind at all. Definitely a different outlook than the "every minute of the day is life or death" Alberta attitude. I'd like to check out the Maritimes for sure. Beautiful I hear. I guess my ideal, and has been for a while, would be a few sections, the more the better, around Nanton area,or somewhere in the foothills. Close to the mountains, neighbors a ways off, at the end of a dead end road.

Kelowna from a far looks like it would be a great place to live, but it seems more like a retirement community. And I recall many a trips through there in the summer time when the traffic was horrendous! Penticton would be a better option, has anyone ever lived near Invermere or Windermere, BC?

Salmo, BC. In the W. Kootenay. A few minutes away from 3 of the best kept fly fishing secrets in the world. :)

Moderate winters, minutes from the border and an hour and a half from Spokane, 30 minutes from Trail, Castlegar, Nelson, on a river, on a creek, near a lake(reservoir) and quiet.