Fly Fusion Forums

If You Could Live Anywhere In Canada, Where Would It Be???

No matter where i fish i long for the Bow, a great day somewhere else always plays in my mind a second to the Bow. Calgary is an easy choice for me. I live 2 min from the river i can't even imagine moving further than i am now. If i ever move so far away that the caddis flies aren't sitting on the window screens........ please slap me and take my rod.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My House backs onto The Bow here in Lake Louise - pretty tough to top that but If I could buy a hobby farm / Ranch between Nordegg and Rocky that would be my ideal place to live - as a matter of fact if the right place comes up in this area we'll be putting in an offer.

If I had to choose a city it would be likely be Ottawa or Kamloops

There is no where I'd rather live than where I am now, Kootenay Lake, 30 min. N. of Nelson BC. Moved here 30 years ago from the wet coast where I grew up. Never looked back for even a second. Four near perfect seasons here in the West Kootenay and great fishing to boot! :D

I would have to go with Nelson. Great fishing, mountain biking that in my opinion is as good if not better then the North Shore of Vancouver, and a few great ski hills within an hour. Although I could probably also live in northern ontario as well, somewhere as close to being in the bush as possible while still being able to have access to the civilized world when need be. Dont get me wrong alberta has some gems for fishing, but on the whole, it doesnt compare to Ontario.

Northern Ontario,

Clean clear water, More lakes and rivers than then you can fish in a life time.

it is quiet, and clean. but you better like snow, unless you go south for the winter, which you can in a two day drive.

Vancouver Island is nice bet getting to busy, if you fish for Salmon you are should to shoulder.

Alberta is getting crazy, was up on the clear river, fishing was slow, then all the water turned brown, people playing with there quads. Very few lakes to fish that are clean.

The East coast is great the people are so nice, you want to go back,

NL is so laid back and slow, life is a dream.

No I will take Northern Ontario, fish all day never see a body.

Sit around the camp fire till late at night, and it is still to hot to go to bed.

But all in all every part of canada is great, every part is special to someone.

It is my dream to take a trip and fish across canada, probably take a few years

Kamloops, BC! Everything you could want to fish is in the area, or a few short hours away. I've wanted to live there since I was a kid, but have lived in Fort Sask, AB my whole life lol. Maybe some day the dream will come true...

Gorgeous area!!

I got too spend a few years in Merritt - "A lake a day as long as you stay". Unfortunately mainly during winter and i was just getting into fly fishing but i got to explore a little bit and had some great times on the lakes around there.... mainly Peter Hope.

• 1 year later...
Kelowna from a far looks like it would be a great place to live, but it seems more like a retirement community. And I recall many a trips through there in the summer time when the traffic was horrendous! Penticton would be a better option, has anyone ever lived near Invermere or Windermere, BC?

yes I live in invermere, and it sucks. no fish here,nothing to see, go away. ;) & don't forget about the HST you won't be able to afford anything anyways, now go away!

paradise

I was thinking perhaps Cowichan Lake area or maybe something close to the Crowsnest River I did a search on the mls.ca for houses (not mobile homes) under 20,000 dollars and there's a few. The retirement plan is to sell the house in Calgary and buy the cheap house and live off the difference. I know that's not much of plan. Hopefully there is some good fishing near by.

Bella Coola B.C.....salmon, steelhead, skiing...had a chance to purchase 15 acres with a small house on the river 15 years ago for 25K...passed...and now here I sit in a DT Cowtown office tower watching the river flow....sigh