Fly Fusion Forums

Official Canucks 2008/2046 Thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is GO CHICAGO........

Lots of coulda shoulda woulda in this series and quite frankly the Canucks didn't play playoff hockey. Here is hoping we have the same potential next year to take our first piece of the bra!

Sad to see the end to this year, but you have to play to win in order to win

Hmmmmm looks like Van is the team to beat *sarcasm*

The only diffrence between calgary and van is 5 games, looks like the #1 position in the N.W really did alot of good for them.

And that still puts the Flames lower on the Totem pole.....LMAO

What is your purpose in this thread out of curiosity? The flames didnt make it as far so if you want to bring them down lower please continue to do so

wow..

enjoy the golf course and river now 'nucks fans. Too bad. Once again my TV season is over now. I'll watch a canadian based team as far as they go... now it's all exactly what the NHL wants it to be. US teams. Yay for them.

Not a Bobby Lou fan - but feel bad for him. For the last 10 games of the regualr season and the entire playoffs - Vancouver outplayed the other team maybe 3 times total. Other than that Luongo was the difference every night. He may not have played great last night, but was not alone. Too bad, he ends up feeling like the goat.

it'd be cool if it were an original six final. say bruins v. hawks (not the wings pls, pls, pls). gotta go back 30 years for that to 1978 - habs v. rangers.

it'll be interesting to see what happens with the canucks in the offseason. think they'll sign the sedin sisters? will the sisters really only sign with the same team or is that an unfounded rumour? not sure why the canucks would bother signing them. if they get the kind of $ that the panelists on tsn/score were suggesting (+/-$6.5mill) that'd be a lot of money for nothing.

how about luongo? what do you do with him? will he sign again after next season? seems unlikely given his past comments about wanting to play on a cup contender and hedging about his plans. the canucks oughta trade him to the wings for some of their swedish talent. could work out for both teams. although i'd hate to see how good the wings would be with a great goaltender (which i think all in all luogo probably is).

here's a question for the canucks fans out there. what the h-e-double hockey sticks was up with the fans littering the ice with garbage after game 5? is it me or is that a completely inane, classless thing to do?

here's a question for the canucks fans out there. what the h-e-double hockey sticks was up with the fans littering the ice with garbage after game 5? is it me or is that a completely inane, classless thing to do?

It called Canadian Hockey fans sick of taking it up the ___ from the NHL and it's officials.

Ah Hawstoppah:

If there's anything un-Canadian, its biatching and moaning. Next thing I'll hear is that Lee Harvey Oswald had 4 pals on the grassy knoll, and it was Dick Cheney who ordered the strike against the Pentagon (9-11) so that Haliburton stock would go up. :)

Since the last CBA, Canadians teams have had their fair shot. And look; we've had Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa make it to the finals since '04. I'd say that's pretty fair representation from Canada, given the fraction of 6/30.

There has been some brutal reffing, but I can guarantee you one thing; the team that raises the cup over their collective heads will deserve it because the played the best, and won the most games, not because of some almighty decree from the NHL head office and the whispered conspiracies amongst the refs. ;)

Anyways, should be a hell of a game 7 tonight between Pens/Washington. With Chicago left, the Bruins, and one of Pens/Caps, there's still plenty of good hockey to watch. Love the PVR, cause I'm going to see Lewis Black!

I like the Wings, but I'm sick of them winning and Yzerman (my former favorite player) doesn't play anymore, but I sure as hell don't want those damn ducks to win (us Edm fans are still biatching and whining about Pronger - we're still bitter. lol ;)

Bottom line, nothing justified the classless behavior of the Canucks fans. Nothing. Any excuse is just pathetic or weak. Or both.

Smitty

Anyways, should be a hell of a game 7 tonight between Pens/Washington. With Chicago left, the Bruins, and one of Pens/Caps, there's still plenty of good hockey to watch. Love the PVR, cause I'm going to see Lewis Black!

I'll watch the highlights, the Yanks don't watch Canadian teams play why should we support the NHL when they refuse to recognize what this country brings to the league and hockey in general. I think Gary Betman is a pompous Napoleon ass.

I'll watch the highlights, the Yanks don't watch Canadian teams play why should we support the NHL when they refuse to recognize what this country brings to the league and hockey in general. I think Gary Betman is a pompous Napoleon ass.

Don't kid yourself. The Yanks don't watch ANY teams play, unless they are fans of that team. Hockey is a non-sport in the majority of the country. Less popular than soccer I would say. Not because of any bias, it's just very few people play it. So you get a few hard core fans, but that is it.

My question would be: If you like hockey, why wouldn't you watch? Particularly game 7 Pens/Caps? I HATE the Yankees and the Red Sox, but if they are playing game 7 of an LCS, bet your ass I'm watching!

Trailhead:

Just a couple of questions:

1) Don't you think your comment is the purest example of the definitive, classic, myth-building stereotype of the Canadian inferiority complex? I mean seriously, we're kind of a hockey mad country, if it were up to you, we should have tsn and cbc stop broadcasting because we're now going to take our 'puck' and go home? ;)

2) By the way, any Canadian-born players left playing on those "American" teams? ;)

Just a wonderin',

Smitty

P.S. Though I will say I am not a huge Bettman fan either.

I guess I'm just not as hockey mad as others, I usually don't watch any games until February or so. I generally support Canadian teams in the playoffs and I'm sure that Sidney and Alex will put on a good show, but personally I'm not interested in sitting in front of a TV for three hours to watch a couple of teams for which I have no allegiance. I think that TSN and CBC should broadcast all the games they can handle. It just brings more to the NHL that Canada provides. TV revenues, the majority of the players, our expertise as coaches and managers and even the paying fans at arenas in the States, ie the snowbirds in the south and the vacationing fans. Actually I don't think that Canadians have an inferiority complex at all, but I do think we are a rather compliant nation that just goes with the flow. I mean would the NHL really be in trouble if there was no team in Phoenix? I think losing a team in Winnipeg was a greater shame, and it increased the travel time and expenses for most of the teams in Canada. But this way a Leafs fan can fly to Phoenix or Atlanta and catch their favorite team, would cost about the same as picking up a pair tickets from a scalper in Toronto. :rolleyes:

The way I see it.. move Phoenix back to Winnipeg, Carolina back to Hartford (not Canadian I know.. I just miss the Whalers), Colorado back to Quebec, bring back all their retro jerseys.. and while we're at it, let's move Atlanta to Hamilton! ;)

Ahhh memories!:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_Jets

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartford_Whalers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Nordiques (Notice the new logo they would have had if they didn't re-locate to Colorado. Did you guys know that? I did not.)

It called Canadian Hockey fans sick of taking it up the ___ from the NHL and it's officials.

only saw about the last 15 mins of that game but the part i saw the reffing seemed fine. penalties called both ways. certainly nothing bad enough to throw crap on the ice. and as we said about the flames even if there are missed calls or phantom penalties they generally don't result in a win or loss. still up to the team and that night the canucks were not up to it (nor the next one).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...