Fly Fusion Forums

Official Canucks 2008/2046 Thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is if you think the Cunuckleheads was NOT going to take the series in 4 then your an idoit. St. Louis is not a bad team but they are no way a good team.

We'll see how they fair when they have to play a great team.

Ignial was not the sole reason the flames got into the playoffs, players like borugue, camiliari, etc... where huge factors in the flames getting into the playoffs. Loug. was a huge factor in Vancouver making the playoffs, look what happened to him when he was down, I belive they went on a huge losing streak but with any team in any confernce if you have a good goalie then things should go in your favoure IF the rest of the team is playin to their ability.

Do you think the Canucks would have won the series with Dan Cloutier in Net?

Case in point a few years ago when Cloutier was around....the Canucks never made it deep into the post season......"like pucks through Cloutier's pads.....so are the Flames of our lives"

Without Luongo it would have been the Canucks in 6 instead of 4.

Give your head a shake!!

now now if we are true hockey fans who understand the game etc etc you cannot but at least respect the way the canucks took care of biz vs the blues. don't have to like it & it doesn't make me dislike the canucks any less but they did in fact sweep.

i still don't think they'll beat a well rounded hockey club - only beat the blues by 1 goal in 3 of the games so it was hardly a crushing sweep.

really hoping the flames can pull it out against the hawks as if we do in all probability it'll be flames v canucks - which will be a kick ass series. gonna be tough without 5 or 6 of our starters including our best defenceman, a top 4 defencemen and one (or maybe 2) of our 20 goal scorers.

Woohoo, a bit of a scare in the third, but the Canucks prevail 5-3 and take game 1. Canucks went to sleep in the third, just dumping the puck out and letting Chicago come at them. But alls well that ends well and the Canucks draw first blood.

was a heart throbbing game when the Canucks decided to coast in the third. No excuse in the book would have covered a loss by the canucks, they had their chances and most of them the prevailed. Chicago isn't going to bend over and take it and they have some dangerous match ups.

I'll take a win any way I can get it from the 'Nucks and hope they take it in 5!

Interesting to see the Canucks do the same thing the Flames were constantly crapped on about. Also interesting to see the immortal Bobby Lou give up 3 in one period. Be that as it may, I don't think that the Canucks are gonna steal anything (despite what my brother in law thinks) and I think it's gonna be a rough, tough, series that probably goes to 7. Your Canucks got lucky last night - either that or they woke up in time. Can't do that kind of stuff in the playoffs.

Yeah Chicago will be a little more ready for the next game, I'm cheering for the Canucks, haven't won a cup yet and only Canadian team left. But I sure like the way that Byfuglin guy plays for the hawks. He did a number on Kipper and he's after Lou in this series, though I noticed in the game that Lou was giving it back. Yeah I think it's going to be a great series. Go Knuckleheads.

I actually think it's pronounced BUFF-len

Oh okay.. sounds like they're saying Buckland all the time to me! haha.. It took me so many times hearing it before I realized they were talking about the same guy!

It's a good thing that for the canucks they scored to keep it out of overtime....

Becuase then Chicago would have run your goalie, and scored on the play with goaltender interference, to decidedly do a TSN turning point in the series.

That was painful. Canucks can't try to coast through this series if they want to make a deep run into the playoffs this year. They better pull up their socks or Chicago is going to inch them away from the prize. Heres hoping for a better game 3!

Canucks grab back home ice advantage. Good win on the road. Also good to see Anaheim and Detroit beating each other up. Whoever wins between Chicago and Vancouver should have a great chance to get to the final.

I highly doubt it will be a easy series for Van or Chi against the ducks or Detroit (even if they play physical these are two of the best teams in the west PEROID)

I stopped watching when Chicago tied it.....sounds like they've gone ahead now....I'm not watching....really bitter at this point as they are playing like crap defensively. I enjoy watching a good game....this is just stupid.