Fly Fusion Forums

Official Canucks 2008/2046 Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we're only three points behind the Flames with a game in hand. Canucks play the Blues tonight, while the Flames tackle Columbus, then the Canucks play Colorado tomorrow. By tomorrow evening the Canucks could be a point up on the Flames with 8 games remaining for each team (or the Flames could be 5 points up on the Canucks - but I'm trying to be positive).

Flames suck, go Canucks!!!

Now we're only three points behind the Flames with a game in hand. Canucks play the Blues tonight, while the Flames tackle Columbus, then the Canucks play Colorado tomorrow. By tomorrow evening the Canucks could be a point up on the Flames with 8 games remaining for each team (or the Flames could be 5 points up on the Canucks - but I'm trying to be positive).

Canucks suck, Go Flames

phixed!!

I think a bump is in order for the Canucks. Must say I am surprised and glad they pulled off the feat of reclaiming first in the division, even if it turns out to be temporary. I know if the roles were reversed I would never hear the end of it and then some. Canucks are looking good heading into the playoffs. Glad to see there getting their game face on for the main event.

GO NUCK'S GO!!!!!

Just goes to show you can have a "marginal" team with GREAT goaltending, and do well, or a very good team, with shoddy goaltending that's not ther when you need it, and falter (flames).

This should be an interesting end to the season. I kinda hope we dont play eachother in the first round... I want canadian teams to go far.

Truthfully Hawgstoppah I don't want to face the flames in the first round either. however I think Chicago may just fudge it all up. We'll have to see how the next few games go to tell but I would rather the Canucks face Chicago in the first round or a lower seed team.

The way Calgary is going - they may be playing Detroit in the first round before they know what happened - ha ha!

Its a great turn around for the 'Nucks - there is no doubt. Seems a good mix of talent - Luongo has stolen some games, the D has stolen some games, and one or more lines have found a way to beat their checks and outscore the opposition, on any given night.

They are well poised, to be sure - and its great to be looking forward to the playoffs rather than just saying "Maybe next year" again!

I missed this thread, somehow, the first time up - its hilarious reading through a few of the posts dating back to February - ha ha!

GO NUCKS!

The way Calgary is going - they may be playing Detroit in the first round before they know what happened - ha ha!

Its a great turn around for the 'Nucks - there is no doubt. Seems a good mix of talent - Luongo has stolen some games, the D has stolen some games, and one or more lines have found a way to beat their checks and outscore the opposition, on any given night.

They are well poised, to be sure - and its great to be looking forward to the playoffs rather than just saying "Maybe next year" again!

I missed this thread, somehow, the first time up - its hilarious reading through a few of the posts dating back to February - ha ha!

GO NUCKS!

btw - your trout paintings are cool

Truthfully Hawgstoppah I don't want to face the flames in the first round either. however I think Chicago may just fudge it all up. We'll have to see how the next few games go to tell but I would rather the Canucks face Chicago in the first round or a lower seed team.

Flames and Vcr 1st round would only happen if one finshes 3rd and the other 6th. Flames are 4 pts ahead of CLB with 1 game in hand. If Calgary can win tonight - very little chance that Columbus could pass them.

Right now - I think Chicago would be a better draw in the 1st round than Columbus for either team. Mason is as good and as hot as Luongo.

Anything can happen in the first round - but would be a shocker to see either Detroit or San Jose lose. In that case, Calgary and Vcr wouldn't play each other in the 2nd round either (assuming the horseshoes don't fall out of Lou's butt and Vancouver makes it through). So it looks like Vancouver likely won't lose out to Calgary until the conference finals. No shame in losing to the eventual cup winners.

Kidding aside - tonight will be the toughest game for Vcr and they play an Anaheim team that played last night in Edmonton - could easily see Vcr winning out from here. Chicago plays Columbus twice and that could very well decide 6th place.

Great game last night. Calgary played well but ultimately they folded the tent and ran home to momma (just like I knew they would). Luongo stood on his head and now level on points and down to the last two games of the season.

you give up 48 shots at home and are happy with this? agree lou stole the show. the restof the team looked shaky. coupled with losses to the oil and colorado last week I dont think i would be planning any parades if i were you (van will lose in colorado to end the season on a high note)

you give up 48 shots at home and are happy with this? agree lou stole the show. the restof the team looked shaky. coupled with losses to the oil and colorado last week I dont think i would be planning any parades if i were you (van will lose in colorado to end the season on a high note)

When your goalie only lets in 1 out of 48 shots, who needs the rest of the team?

Highlander - planning the parade route :):):)

No shame in how the Flames played last night. Bobby Lou is the reason you guys won the game - your defense didn't even show up.....Sedins were flat...it really wasn't a stellar game for your team other than your goalie. If Glencross didn't take that stupid penalty in the third and if we could get our asses in gear on the powerplay it would have been a completely different game. Period for period the Flames brought it last night and didn't give up until the buzzer sounded and I expect that's how it's going to go when they win the division by week's end. Canucks did a good job getting their way to the top - they just lack the consistency and staying power to stay there. You guys had the golden opportunity to lock things up last weekend but your goalie let in 15 goals in 3 games and your team sh*t the bed. Just not good enough at this stage of the game.....and like the other night against the Kings, we'll make ya pay for that.

Great game. Bobby Lou was due for a big night and was the difference in the game. If you think the Canucks lack consistancy (which they do) take a look at the Flames as well..? When the Canucks went on a tear in March, Luongo's play was good but not great. He let in a lot of soft goals and by no means was the difference maker in most games. Also, keep in mind that Luongo was injured for 20+ games this season..if Kipper was gone for 20+ games this season, would the Flames and Canucks still be tied right now with 2 games left? I'm thinking no.

IMO, on paper the flames are a better group of players but the Canucks are a better team.

Great game. Bobby Lou was due for a big night and was the difference in the game. If you think the Canucks lack consistancy (which they do) take a look at the Flames as well..? When the Canucks went on a tear in March, Luongo's play was good but not great. He let in a lot of soft goals and by no means was the difference maker in most games. Also, keep in mind that Luongo was injured for 20+ games this season..if Kipper was gone for 20+ games this season, would the Flames and Canucks still be tied right now with 2 games left? I'm thinking no.

IMO, on paper the flames are a better group of players but the Canucks are a better team.

I ABSOLUTELY agree that the Flames are an inconsistent team - probably even moreso than the Canucks right now. But here's the argument I had with my husband the other day (he's a Canucks fan): Luongo is not the Luongo of last year so you can throw out the assumption that he's gonna be a rock in the playoffs and win it for ya. Goaltending wins playoffs - plain and simple. And the Canucks aren't a shoe-in for anything this year because of that. If Kipper was out for those 20 games that Luongo was there's no way the standings would be an issue. We have no backup goaltending to speak of and they better do something about that during the offseason. You guys have LaBarbera - and he's a great backup right now. But he wasn't there for ya when Luongo was out and that hurt the Canucks. I agree - on paper we're a great team. Iggy hasn't had the year he should have, Cammalleri has dropped off, Jokinen has fizzled...but we're also riddled with injuries to some pretty key guys right now too. If we can play like we did last night with the likes of Regehr, Giordano and Borque out, then we're doing OK. Bottom line: I like our chances better than the Canucks - if only for how easy it SHOULD be to take the division. I think it's funny when I was listening to those morons on the Toronto Sports Network last weekend go ON AND ON about how Vancouver was the hands-down division champions. As inconsistent as we are, never count the Flames out. Just as you should never count on your goalie to pull the win for ya every time.

Oh ya...somebody needs to call Vigneault and tell him to quit putting Demitra on the point - that's Vancouver's single biggest mistake every single game right now.

No shame in how the Flames played last night. Bobby Lou is the reason you guys won the game

Ha ha - yeah, Luongo played an outstanding game, to be sure. However - please note the score - not 2-1. Calgary had a lot of shots, but most were taken from the outside with no traffic - and the defense cleared the majority of the rebounds immediately - like they do so well. As for quality scoring chances - the numbers were far more even - and the Nucks offense buried their opportunities when Calgary hit posts ans missed the net when their chances came.

Luongo could have let in a couple of soft ones - and I'm pretty sure, judging from what I saw, that the Nucks would have found a way to outscore the Flames.

Despite the shot count, it was a well balanced game from a well balanced team - and it'll be a well balanced team that goes deep. Calgary, with its inconsistencies and injuries don't appear to have what it takes, at this point. Though its a whole new season after the 14th - and anything is possible!

I for one, am looking forward to it in a big way! Go Nucks!

• 2 weeks later...
Give your head a shake!!

GO FLAMES GO! poke.gif

Ha ha - I'm glad the Flames managed to pull a win out, last night. I was going to dislike them even more than I already do, if the best effort they could come up with was to be swept.

The Flames are going nowhere, this year - but the very least they could do is make the Hawks play more than four games for the series!

Go Nucks!