Fly Fusion Forums

Official Canucks 2008/2046 Thread

Canucks blew away the leafs and shut out the oilers. Really happy about the win over the leafs. I was in Ontario early last week and made a lot of bets (for beer) with the poor suckers who live out there. I go back again next week to start collecting. :):):)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this in light of the upcoming Olympics; I'm glad to see Bobby Lu pick up his game. Hopefully he'll shut out every country if he's Canada's #1.

Two games in two nights, one of which was a roster of 20 skaters, last night a defencman took shifts on the wing, a team ravaged by concussions and flu, and given the Oilers schedule over the next week or so, I'll be happy if we're batting 500.

Smitty

Canucks blew away the leafs and shut out the oilers. Really happy about the win over the leafs. I was in Ontario early last week and made a lot of bets (for beer) with the poor suckers who live out there. I go back again next week to start collecting. :):):)

Blowing away the Leafs is a real accomplishment......not

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On January 5 the Canucks are 2 point behinds the Flames, 20 days later Canucks are 8 points ahead. Happy days :):):)

What's with Calgary, don't they want to make the playoffs? My biggest surprise this year has been Edmonton. With their payroll I expected them to do a lot better.

On January 5 the Canucks are 2 point behinds the Flames, 20 days later Canucks are 8 points ahead. Happy days :):):)

What's with Calgary, don't they want to make the playoffs? My biggest surprise this year has been Edmonton. With their payroll I expected them to do a lot better.

sigh.......so did we.

:(

Damn sisters...... Stop scoring already! we know that you guys have ESP, you don't have to flaunt it in our faces...

I'll admit though, I like Burrows, what other player in the league will score you ~30 goals, 75 points, annoy the crap outta the other team, and kill penaties for what like 2-3 Million (just a guess). I'd like to see him in a flaming C....lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Let's dust this off and I for one will throw my playoff allegiance behind the canukleheds. Sweedish twins ooooh.
Count me in too. Cheering for the Nucks has to be at least as much fun as watching the Flames go out in the first round -- probably more fun, since I was getting bored of watching the Flames lose. :lol: Yeh Chris, I know -- the Oilers blah blah blah......... Terry

Count me in too. Cheering for the Nucks has to be at least as much fun as watching the Flames go out in the first round -- probably more fun, since I was getting bored of watching the Flames lose. :lol: Yeh Chris, I know -- the Oilers blah blah blah......... Terry

GO KINGS GO!!!!!!!!! And I would like to see Phoenix beat the Wings.

Sharks - Caps for the cup

Let's dust this off and I for one will throw my playoff allegiance behind the canukleheds. Sweedish twins ooooh.

There ability to come back from deficits is going to help them alot unless Roberto can once again find his REAL "A" game. For once there is potent scoring team in front of him and yet this is his worst year as a Canknuckle. Go figure... They also don't have the fastest of skaters on the blue line but they do play soundly. In tough against LA.............. It will be a close series, I figure a game seven for sure.

On another note Go Habs! We are screwed but I love being the underdog!

You guys keep forgetting, they all have to get through Chicago first.

None of them did it last year (aside from Detroit, and it's unlikely the Wings will get past the Coyotes) and I doubt any of them will this year.

Hawks and Caps in the SCF.

Hawks should come out of the West for sure..

BUT.. Montreal won the season series with Washington - 3-2. Should be an interesting first round for the Stanley Cup favorite! ;)

Hawks should come out of the West for sure..

BUT.. Montreal won the season series with Washington - 3-2. Should be an interesting first round for the Stanley Cup favorite! ;)

True, but as we ALL know. Regular season don't mean :$*%&: when it comes to the playoffs.

SanJose proves that EVERY year! lol

Die LA, die!!!!!!!

It might be a tougher series that many think. The Canucks D is a big questionmark, but then it's been a questionmark all season. Luongo plays much better with Mitchell in the lineup so I'm hoping he comes back soon. I think he's out for the first series anyway.

I'm not worried about Luongo, and the team is as deep at the forward position as it's ever been.

Go Canucks go!!!!!