Fly Fusion Forums

Official Canucks 2008/2046 Thread

Tons of question marks for the Canucks this playoffs BUT....I think they have the most potential coming in than they have had in years. Looking forward to seeing how deep they can go! How can anyone be cheering for the Habs....if they were in the west they would be golfing right now.....not that there is anything wrong with Golf!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to pick a team out of the west it would diffently be colorado then. Ther is just absoultly no way I am going to cheer for vancouver.

Plus habs beat washington in game 1 which was good to see.

I still think the cunucks got lucky with the OT win.

I'm cheering for all the Canadian based teams, I personally think Gary Bettman has a vendetta against the Canadian teams. He has stopped the return of a team to Winnipeg and a team in Hamilton and even said the same things about a return to Quebec. He really wants LA to keep going and so it would be great to have Vancouver take them out.

Aside from some potentially questionable officiating, someone needs to take a cattle prod to each and every one of the "Nucks so they can start playing playoff hockey. I have to agree with you Vic in regards to Bettman.........wouldn't it be a big shocker (insert tongue in cheek) for Nashville to go from the unwanted washed up team to all of the sudden Stanley Cup Champions.

One down, three to go. Looks like Chicago next, unless they trip themselves up.

Luongo's thievery won that game fot the Canucks. You got that feeling in the second period after the big save on Ryan Smith that there was only one possible ending for this game. Edler has been playing great and what can you say about the twins and Samuelson. A great confidence booster for the Canucks.

ahhh even in this thread people are starting to wake up and see the officiating against canadian teams is a joke. It's pretty obvious. At least you guys won your series.... but don't worry when you play Chicago (a team the NHL and Mr Bettman DEARLY wants to see succeed) you will be royally screwed.

I bet Ottawa fans feel like they just got bent over though... and they did...

The Canucks absolutely dismantled Chicago last night. Will be a short series if Chicago doesn't show up a bit more than that... Chicago really does need a better goaltender...

Habs vs Pit... yikes. If they find a way to do it ... Halak will have to be god again.

I expected a much better game than that from Chicago....I don't think game two will be as easy for Vancouver......although I'd take it if it was.

Montreal just tied it up....hopefully they can make this a close series with a win today!

Couple things..

What the heck was Calgary thinking when they let Cammalleri go?!

And is there a more frustrating player to watch than Malkin? The guy is brilliant sometimes.. and other times I'm sure a 10 year old girl would be stronger on the puck...

Well are the Sedin sisters going to have what it takes to tie up the series? Montreal did a fine job last night, everyone mucking and skating and hitting. Henrik and Daniel better take some notes.

I certainly hope so. No time for the Canucks to be idling, they need to bring on some playoff hockey all the time instead of a little bit here and a little bit there.

It's looking pretty grim, and starting to feel like deja vu.......

Instead of practicing, AV should send them all to a shrink to get Chicago out of there heads......then maybe (big maybe) we could do something productive.

Was a bit of an embarrassment to watch that last game

• 5 months later...

The nucks always start slow, pick it up and *hit the bed in the playoffs. As a nucks fans, it's way to early for me to freak out, although, this season does rest on Lou's shoulders, we go as he goes. I think the D may be a little suspect and the loss of Mitchell may be huge. I figure they will win the division and finish 2nd in the conference and hopefully have a deep playoff run. In reality, the playoff run may be short!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had to bring this thread back to the top. Canucks on top of the NHL by a whopping 7 points, have Daniel leading the scoring race, Henrik tied for second, GAA second in the league. It's nice to be a Canucks fan these days.

Yes the playoffs are a different animal, but this team has been tinkered with knowing how they do in the playoffs will determne how successful the team was, Presidents Trophy or not.

I see Calgary has been sucking less lately, but now that Morrison is hurt that might have an effect on the productivity of the top line. I'd like to see Calgary win a round or two, but not at the expense of the Canucks. Montreal, of course, will be joining Toronto, Edmonton and Ottawa on the golf couse after a quick four game post season. :):):)

I had to bring this thread back to the top. Canucks on top of the NHL by a whopping 7 points, have Daniel leading the scoring race, Henrik tied for second, GAA second in the league. It's nice to be a Canucks fan these days.

Yes the playoffs are a different animal, but this team has been tinkered with knowing how they do in the playoffs will determne how successful the team was, Presidents Trophy or not.

I see Calgary has been sucking less lately, but now that Morrison is hurt that might have an effect on the productivity of the top line. I'd like to see Calgary win a round or two, but not at the expense of the Canucks. Montreal, of course, will be joining Toronto, Edmonton and Ottawa on the golf couse after a quick four game post season. :):):)

the flames have been the best team in the league since xmas and the highest scoring team in the entire league since January 1st. Be very afraid canucks fans. Your team has been getting soft and are ripe for a first round upset.