Fly Fusion Forums

Official Canucks 2008/2046 Thread

the flames have been the best team in the league since xmas and the highest scoring team in the entire league since January 1st. Be very afraid canucks fans. Your team has been getting soft and are ripe for a first round upset.

Not too worried, Canucks have a 3-1 series advantage, and the one game that Calgary did win was a weak ass goal in the shootout. I really hope the Nucks play the Flames in the first round, it will be a good confidence booster for them going into the 2nd round and a wakeup call to Flames fans that they do not have a team that can take them deep into the playoffs.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too worried, Canucks have a 3-1 series advantage, and the one game that Calgary did win was a weak ass goal in the shootout. I really hope the Nucks play the Flames in the first round, it will be a good confidence booster for them going into the 2nd round and a wakeup call to Flames fans that they do not have a team that can take them deep into the playoffs.

we will see on saturday night. Im fairly certain the entire vancouver team would rather see the preds or the wild in the first round. careful what you wish for Buck

i'll continue to maintain that although skilled the cancucks do not have a playoff team....the sedins have been knocked around every playoff they've been in and why would this year be different....and luongo....still a lot to prove there too.....

not to say the flames are going deep in the playoffs (but they'll be there)....you'd be nuts to suggest that after all these years of futility....but their record since 12/23/10 certainly indicates they are a team to be reckoned with....second behind the canucks in points since that date i believe.....and goals are coming from all over....kipper is back in form.....let's have a flames v canucks series early and get it over with!!

i'll continue to maintain that although skilled the cancucks do not have a playoff team....the sedins have been knocked around every playoff they've been in and why would this year be different....and luongo....still a lot to prove there too.....

not to say the flames are going deep in the playoffs (but they'll be there)....you'd be nuts to suggest that after all these years of futility....but their record since 12/23/10 certainly indicates they are a team to be reckoned with....second behind the canucks in points since that date i believe.....and goals are coming from all over....kipper is back in form.....let's have a flames v canucks series early and get it over with!!

I read somewhere that the last 2 time the flames and nucks met in the first round(since the conference rankings have been used), the winner of the series went on to the cup final so heres hopin. garantee it would be the most interesting first round matchup ( unless boston and the habs square off in round one)

• 1 month later...

Well lets see, the favorite in one series wins 2-0, the underdog in the other series wins 2-0. Seems to me that both teams have a legitimate shot at winning the cup. Only 15 more wins for either, and I am cheering for both teams. I can't stand Bettman, cut Winnipeg out again. I guess he's okay with the Coyotes drying up in the desert and blowing away, or maybe he thinks he can put a team in San Diego, or New Orleans, or Houston one of those hotbeds of hockey.

Going to throw my support for Vancouver, but I'd really like any Canadian team to bring back the Cup to Canada. If its the Habs, I'll just hold my nose and shut my eyes...

So far, good start. Is this Luongo's year?

Smitty

This team has disintegrated faster than I've seen any team before it. Not sure they can get this thing turned around. Effort has been a frightening disappearing act. Hope for the Canucks sake that they can get it turned around.

I'm cheering for the Canadian based teams, but it just ain't lookin' good. Boston is just physically dominating the Habs, they do have definite size advantage. But the Canucks are so frustrating to watch, the young guns of the Hawks are running all around them. Where are the seldom Sedin twins? They can rack it up during the regular season but when the real season starts they're nowhere to be found.