Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

Guest RedWiggler

Ive been listening to thr Fan 960 for years and years and will have to say that I can hardly stand listening to them anymore. Besides Peter Mahr and Mike Richards everyone else is a a tool. Pat Steinberg and Rob Kerr should both be fired, Pat Steinberg is the biggest tool on the radio period.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedWiggler

We just allowed to many shots, that said for how many shot we did allow it was a pretty close game. It would have been nice to see them tie it up late, they had some good pressure after the to many men call. We will have to play good tonight, we dont want any back to back losses especially against average to below average teams like the Avs and the Stars :ninja:!!!!!!!

Ive been listening to thr Fan 960 for years and years and will have to say that I can hardly stand listening to them anymore. Besides Peter Mahr and Mike Richards everyone else is a a tool. Pat Steinberg and Rob Kerr should both be fired, Pat Steinberg is the biggest tool on the radio period.

I used to listen to FAN960 all the time as well. Loved that station, was really sad to hear about Joe when he was first diagnosed with Lukemia (RIP Joe) and I think it kinda started to go down hill from there.

Mike Richards used to crack me up, but lately he just drives me nuts. All the power to him for freedom of speech and such, but you can only hear the same lame jokes every single morning for so long. I mean, Rita MacNeil's fat, we get it move on shall we?

The only guys worth a hoot on that station now are Rob Kerr and Peter Mahr.

I guess everyone has different tastes. I only listen in the morning, but agree that Richards needs to try some different stuff once in awhile. I don't think I've ever heard anyone that I like less on the radio than Rob Kerr.

I used to listen to FAN960 all the time as well. Loved that station, was really sad to hear about Joe when he was first diagnosed with Lukemia (RIP Joe) and I think it kinda started to go down hill from there.

Mike Richards used to crack me up, but lately he just drives me nuts. All the power to him for freedom of speech and such, but you can only hear the same lame jokes every single morning for so long. I mean, Rita MacNeil's fat, we get it move on shall we?

I've been wanting to send an email to FAN960 in general and Mike Richards in particular or forcing me into getting satellite radio. 960 is without a doubt the worst sports radio station I have ever heard.

I've been wanting to send an email to FAN960 in general and Mike Richards in particular or forcing me into getting satellite radio. 960 is without a doubt the worst sports radio station I have ever heard.

I barely listen to it at all anymore. I'll tune in to the odd fLAMES game (hoping to hear them lose, but usually end up disappointed lately.....) but that's about it.

I listen to Fuel now pretty much exclusively.

end Hijack.

Guest RedWiggler

We will see what happens tonight, it will be tough for them. They lose 2 in a row to bad teams and now have to step up against one of the best. This will be a tough game, the boys need to pull there heads out!!!!!!!

Guest RedWiggler

As a season ticket holder I would love to see Huet get the start tonight, Khabby played the last game & I have not seen Huet play live yet. Either way they are both really good goalies with a great team in fornt of them, the Flames will have to bring it tonight!!!!

You have to wonder why they would start Kipper against Khaibulin and Chicago tonight. That 4th goal is typical of the 5 games this year and the 20 of 25 that Nick has owned Kipper for. I guess thay can only start Curtis when the team is tired and he has no chance.

Guest RedWiggler

1st of all, the refs sucked the life out of the Flames and the fans early in this game. Not to say we played good cause we did not but GEEZUZ I get tired of the refs interfering in hockey games. This was easily one of the worst reffed games I have ever seen in my life.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. fLAMES lose and the Oil win......all is right with the world again. :)

<--poke--<

All is good but we are still ahead of the oilers by 9 pts, so everything is still all okay, I am just happy to see the cunckleheads way down in the divison.

Sundin did *hit for the leafs, sure he may of been a leading scorer for the team and maybe (I dunno) in the league, but tell me how many cups does he have? With the amount of money the leafs were paying out before the salary caps you think they would of gottewn some type of talent. I dunno but I don't think they have even made the playoffs since the salary cap

Yeah, I was just joking. Sundin has @%#& the bed since he's been playing, and he has been in the box for like 3 game winning goals so far. Luongo has also looked human, which is good for flames fans. Brendon Shanahan has been way more useful as a devil and they are only gonna pay him something like $500,000 this year... not bad

Guest RedWiggler

Headshaking, I left the game right after the Ducks scored there second goal in the second period. It is absolutely painful to watch at this point. You mix our bad play with having to fight against the refs every game and honestly its not even fun at this point. Personally I think refs suck the fun out of watching hockey in the new NHL.

Headshaking, I left the game right after the Ducks scored there second goal in the second period. It is absolutely painful to watch at this point. You mix our bad play with having to fight against the refs every game and honestly its not even fun at this point. Personally I think refs suck the fun out of watching hockey in the new NHL.

Wasn't there - but with it being pay-per-view - knew it would be a godawful game. Didn't sound like the refs were a big part of todays game til half way through the third.

Words are not working with this team - they keep saying the right things but the play continues to stink. Now is the time for Sutter to send a different message. Bench Lombardi, send Boyd to the minors and bring in Lundmark (Boyd is on a two way right?), put Borque on the first line with Camm, move Iginla to the 2nd (maybe third) line. Bench Bert - he continues to take moronic penalties in the third period when the Flames have a chance.

Not only have they lost 4 in a row - but three of those to brutal teams, that have not been able to beat anyone lately.

Edit - 43 seconds 6-4 at the end of the game and not even close to a shot on net. Pathetic.