Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone made the claim that the refs were the difference in that game FNG. I personally thought Columbus was the better team that night. Can't remember why the first goal was waved off but the second goal was a quick whistle by the ref. Had nothing to do with a penalty. Should have been a goal for sure.

This is to the people that think they can dictate to others what they choose to post about. I'll post anything I want about any aspect of any game that's played and there's not a thing you can do about it. So suck it up its a long season.

GrnDrake,

The main topic of this thread lately is based on how the officiating by the NHL is aparently biased against the Flames. I only stated this particular game as an example of how the Flames get plenty of calls in thier favour as well. That's all. I agree that they didn't play particularly well that game either, but the calls did go their way in those circumstances.

And, you are correct, you can post whatever opinion you want, but that doesn't preclude me from countering that opinion with my own.

GrnDrake,

The main topic of this thread lately is based on how the officiating by the NHL is aparently biased against the Flames. I only stated this particular game as an example of how the Flames get plenty of calls in thier favour as well. That's all. I agree that they didn't play particularly well that game either, but the calls did go their way in those circumstances.

And, you are correct, you can post whatever opinion you want, but that doesn't preclude me from countering that opinion with my own.

Sorry FNG, I should have made 2 separate posts, my second paragraph had nothing to do with you.

I agree, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't mind if people are joking around about whining about reffing or beating a dead horse, but I don't bow to forum Nazi's telling me what I can post when I am only stating my opinion. This is the 1st year I've followed this particular Thread and I am not going to surf through the previous years to see what was discussed because it's irrelevant.

Good luck to the Oilers tonight, they've been playing a great game lately and I'm expecting an exciting game.

Sorry FNG, I should have made 2 separate posts, my second paragraph had nothing to do with you.

I agree, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't mind if people are joking around about whining about reffing or beating a dead horse, but I don't bow to forum Nazi's telling me what I can post when I am only stating my opinion. This is the 1st year I've followed this particular Thread and I am not going to surf through the previous years to see what was discussed because it's irrelevant.

Good luck to the Oilers tonight, they've been playing a great game lately and I'm expecting an exciting game.

So what if in my opion you need to shut your trap about whinning and complaining about the reefs on a fly fishing forum then I am a forum NAZI? How so I am just stating my opion on something. You even said that everyone has the right to state their own opion which is exactly what I did but instead you feel the need to call me a Nazi, all your post showed is that you live by double standards cause if someone does something you do not agree with then they are nazi's but yet you have freedom to express whatever, whenever you want.

don't really care if you agree with me or not, but if you can state your own opions on things then so can I, and if that means I think you should just shut the hell up then that is my opion which I would like to add for the hundrenth time, and I quto you: I agree, everyone is entitles to their own opion

So tell me you still think everyone has the right to express their own opion on something, cause it sure sounds like you don;t belive that.

So what if in my opion you need to shut your trap about whinning and complaining about the reefs on a fly fishing forum then I am a forum NAZI? How so I am just stating my opion on something. You even said that everyone has the right to state their own opion which is exactly what I did but instead you feel the need to call me a Nazi, all your post showed is that you live by double standards cause if someone does something you do not agree with then they are nazi's but yet you have freedom to express whatever, whenever you want.

don't really care if you agree with me or not, but if you can state your own opions on things then so can I, and if that means I think you should just shut the hell up then that is my opion which I would like to add for the hundrenth time, and I quto you: I agree, everyone is entitles to their own opion

So tell me you still think everyone has the right to express their own opion on something, cause it sure sounds like you don;t belive that.

Well I am totally shocked that you would think I was talking about you RoFL. This might be a fly fishing forums but this is a hockey thread and reffing is part of hockey.

What the hell kinda call was that on Iginla, he was definitely run-over and the ref gives Iggy the penalty. They have to open their eyes and stop listening to the players after the play.

Really...WTF Ref what a dumb-ass

What the hell kinda call was that on Iginla, he was definitely run-over and the ref gives Iggy the penalty. They have to open their eyes and stop listening to the players after the play.

That's called a "retaliation penalty" my friend. If you've watched hockey before.. you may have heard of it.

She's all over boys.. 6-4 Oilers. ;)

Sure couldn't have guessed the second half would go that way. Really shocked that the goaltender interference, phantom slash, missed 4 minute high stick all went against the Flames. Whatever. First half of the game was good (even though the Flames got hosed on two calls).

Must say that the Oilers are worse than I thought they were. I mean - the refs do everything they possibly can to help you win and you still get owned. How can you get outshot 38-25 when you get a pretty much a full period on the PP including a lengthy 5:3 then a double minor?

Quinn showed exactly how much class he has - Zero. Sending the missing link after Iginla.

i've pledged this year to ignore the reffing issues and concentrate on how the flames play. as fans we often feel out team is short changed but in reality the officiating is just plain inconsistent and often bad throughout the league.

i'd say overall the flames have played well but inconsistently this year. and if jarome and ollie get on track look out....i say put them back on the same line and let them work it out together....goals will come.....

So when the refs are "against" the Flames and the Flames are playing a Canadian team, what exactly is the conspiracy? The NHL hates Southern Alberta?

Do you think it is remotely possible that the Flames get more penalties called because they are a physical team and physical teams get more penalties? Nah, what am I thinking? There couldn't be a rational explanation. It must be a conspiracy.

i've pledged this year to ignore the reffing issues and concentrate on how the flames play. as fans we often feel out team is short changed but in reality the officiating is just plain inconsistent and often bad throughout the league.

i'd say overall the flames have played well but inconsistently this year. and if jarome and ollie get on track look out....i say put them back on the same line and let them work it out together....goals will come.....

u f*ckn got it dude!!!!!!! best post in the whole thread!

Reh:

Math teacher. As long as I can get my point across to kids that 2+2=5, what difference does it make between your, and you're? :)

Only thing drives me nuts is losing vs loosing. Thankfully, the Oilers this year have not had too much loosing...

Smitty

P.S. Oh, and for a math teacher, considering my volume of posts here, couple of mistakes ain't bad. But if you've flunked me, well, not much I can do about that... :)

Guest Sundancefisher

Wow... I am quite impressed by the Flames this year. Their passing skills are improved. Going to the boards better. Defensive is still on the sloppy side. Dion has to work on his basic skills and get a lot smarter on the ice to really earn his pay. His slapper is successful so far so at least something is clicking good.

So when the refs are "against" the Flames and the Flames are playing a Canadian team, what exactly is the conspiracy? The NHL hates Southern Alberta?

Do you think it is remotely possible that the Flames get more penalties called because they are a physical team and physical teams get more penalties? Nah, what am I thinking? There couldn't be a rational explanation. It must be a conspiracy.

When two Canadian teams face off, the refs have no clear agenda so they tend to do a piss poor job of reffing the game. This last CGY VS EDM game, I don't think any team was really favored. I saw missed calls on both teams. Crossckecking on Calgary's first goal setting up a 2 on 1 which resulted in a short handed goal for Calgary. There's no way the refs didn't see that. I'm not going to bother listing them all, but I'll say if you're going to call a 4 min high sticking call for drawing blood on one team then it should be called on both. Why should an Edmonton player get away with the same offence just because Calgary has a lead. Why should the ref get to decide calls like that based on the score. It's utter crap and totally manipulates the flow of the game. In the last 4 games I've watched, in two of them the announcers have said to each other "well if you're going to call that on one team than you should call it on both". They're not from calls that the reffs didn't see and that's why I say its manipulating the game.

Now I'll be the first to admit that the Refs have a tough job to do. But having a hidden agenda makes it a lot tougher. I hate to break it to Gary Bettman but there's never going to be any Michael Jordans or Tiger Woods in hockey. Sure if Wayne Gretzky went to Disney Land there might be a few Canadians there that might recognize him. You can't make people love hockey its never going to be in the same league as baseball, football, or basketball in the lives of mainstream Americans.

Why do I watch, well for the same reason as Rehsifylf. Every once in a while you watch a game that no matter who wins, you walk away saying "man that's what hockey is all about".