Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

Ouch!You could see the flame burn out after Kipper let a soft one go bye then followed by a poor line change goal.The Flames had a couple of good chances and it would have bin a different game if they could have found the net early on.Hopefully a road trip will get the flame going again.

Go Stamps!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... all I can say is the last two games they forgot to play with grit, intesity, and effort. Looked like they stood around again against chicago... I dont want to blame kipper, he wasnt at his best, but the team flat out sucked. I guess sutter needs to have one of his practises again where heads get beat in.

I'd rather see us lose a game where we try (like tonight or against Columbus) rather than a win with a poor effort (like against Toronto). In the end it comes down to points but I sure would like some consistency from this team.

Pretty interesting how when the flames are dominating a game and getting hooked / hauled down all over in the third period and not a single call? f**kin disgrace as usual from the officiating. Great effort by the flames and they finally got rewarded on the tying goal. I gotta admit, selanne's shootout winner was a beauty... and why didnt iginla get to go in on the shootout? the guys one of the hottest players in the league right now and he aint shooting??? give your head a shake sutter!!!!! :$*%&:

Pretty interesting how when the flames are dominating a game and getting hooked / hauled down all over in the third period and not a single call? f**kin disgrace as usual from the officiating. Great effort by the flames and they finally got rewarded on the tying goal. I gotta admit, selanne's shootout winner was a beauty... and why didnt iginla get to go in on the shootout? the guys one of the hottest players in the league right now and he aint shooting??? give your head a shake sutter!!!!! :$*%&:

no kidding. the guys has been the hottest scorer in the league over the last 12 games and he sits and watches dawes and glencross shoot? flames never seem to get as many shootout points as most other good teams. i would like to see dion start the shootout with a 120 MPH slapper from 25 feet out and then follow with iggy and olie.

no kidding. the guys has been the hottest scorer in the league over the last 12 games and he sits and watches dawes and glencross shoot? flames never seem to get as many shootout points as most other good teams. i would like to see dion start the shootout with a 120 MPH slapper from 25 feet out and then follow with iggy and olie.

The Flames best shoot-out dude, by far, is...Brandon Prust. No kidding, the guy has great moves and incredible hands. Saw him at the skills competition last year. I'd rather see him go try something innovative and highlight-reel worry then see one more weak shot that hits the boards and not the net.

Good effort from everyone last night for 59 minutes. I like Lundmark - but, come on man, what was that?. If you can get a point even when the other goalie has his best game in 3 years, then you're doing well. Hope they have a good effort against the coyotes tomorrow.

Great game tonight for the Flames. Starting to get it rolling. Between them and Vcr for 1st is my bet. Really too bad they gave up that shorthanded goal with less than a minute left. Wait - mixing my threads I think.

Curtis should get the start tomorrow and the Flames need to show up, get on Nash, and get at least 4 goals.

...and finally, when Redmontnon gets a win against a team that is above .500 - then I'll buy that they have some talent. Thus far - schedule friendly. Flames have 4 more at home this month - other than one against Edmonton, they are all against good teams. If the Flames can stay ahead, Deadmonton plays 7 of 8 on the road to start November - then come home and play Colorado, Chicago, LA, and San Jose, then travel to Vancouver for a Saturday night game. They should be picking out which course they want to buy the earlybird membership for by December 1st.

Oilers record over the period - 7W - 14L.

If you think the Hemsky news was bad, I heard they're building a donut shop right beside Penner's trailerpark.

Nothing negative to say about tonight's game, a full 60 minute effort and a 5 to 0 win, it seems the Sutter system is catching on. 3 and 0 on this road trip and the best road record in the NHL, 3 points out of first place in the league with two games in hand and a game against the leader in the next few days... now if only we could find a way to beat Chicago I'd be happy :)

That was another excellent game last night. I don't think they have played a poor game since the Chicago loss. With the exception of what has to be one of the worst PK efforts I've ever seen from any team at any level on the one where Stoll scored, they badly outplayed LA all night. Much rather see the team play well consistently and lose a few than play poorly, get outshot, outplayed, outchanced, and out classed but get a shoot-out win.

That was another excellent game last night. I don't think they have played a poor game since the Chicago loss. With the exception of what has to be one of the worst PK efforts I've ever seen from any team at any level on the one where Stoll scored, they badly outplayed LA all night. Much rather see the team play well consistently and lose a few than play poorly, get outshot, outplayed, outchanced, and out classed but get a shoot-out win.

Yeah I wasn't upset with the LA loss I saw the team play really really hard all night long. Tonights win came on a much poorer effort... but a win is a win. I've been watching the officiating pretty closely this year... and lately the dang stripes havent been too bad. Hate to say it... but that game against LA that the flames lost they even had a lot of calls / non calls in their favor.

Yeah I wasn't upset with the LA loss I saw the team play really really hard all night long. Tonights win came on a much poorer effort... but a win is a win. I've been watching the officiating pretty closely this year... and lately the dang stripes havent been too bad. Hate to say it... but that game against LA that the flames lost they even had a lot of calls / non calls in their favor.

the only thing seperating the boys from number one overall is a PP. both recent 2-1 losses could have been salvaged if their PP was on and some of the other close ones we have won could have been a little less tense if they cashed in a little more often with the man advantage. I expect first chance sutter has (likely today) they are working on the PP

Some of the most exciting games I've ever seen were 1-0, and 2-1 games. How about game 6 against detroit in 2004... 1-0 flames, and don't tell me that wasn't a game full of chances, and had you at the edge of your seat all game.

+1 Brian. That game was one of the most exciting games i have ever seen.

Again, all the rule changes to increase scoring are so the knowledgable fans in nashville,tampa and atlanta dont get bored