Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

Well done Flames! :angel:smail:

You'll notice, of course, that we too (Oilers) built up a 5-0 lead, and, you know, managed not to blow it? :)

Stellar defence... - wish I had a copy of tomorrow's Herald. Have to check it out online to see Sutter's reaction. Maybe he'll have the boys milking cows on the farm or something.

Its good to make history once in awhile (Blackhawks had never overcome a 5-0 deficit before...)

Smitty

Awww man....you beat me to it!

Great game by the Shame....er....fLAMES.....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing all say is that the reffing in the NHL is a joke. I don't care what teams are playing I hate it when refs dictate the tempo and flow of a game. In no other professional sport would refs be able to call or not call penalties at their own discretion. And that folks is why I wouldn't pay 5 cents to go watch a NHL game live. Hell I didn't even go when I got free seats in the seven row, right behind the penalty box at Rexall Place From my X boss lol.

In MMA a refe can call the stopage to a fight if he deems it is nessassary. There are also penalities in profootball, intental and unintal facemasking which is also up to the zebra's. Both of these are professional sports.

As far as I know, all Ref's in all sports can and do dictate the flow of a game/event. Every ref has the right to determine what is and what isn't a penalty based on what they see during the play at the time. I can't imagine that a ref in any sport, professional or otherwise, would neglect to make a call because the play was just too damn exciting and he didn't want to upset the flow of the game.

My two cents.

Alls I mean is you shouldn't let both teams get away with things for half the game than start calling penalties on one team. They should be more consistent through out the game. You see it all the time in the NHL.I think it influences the out come of too many games.

Here is how I see it, sometimes you have to take a look at it this way though. As I see it when the "Inccident" is not interfering with the play of the game, who gives a **** let them play, but if it effects the play at hand then call it.

when I was younger I used to reff alot and it is not an easy job!.... so many grey areas in the rules and you have to be very good at beeing consistant with your calls. Hockey has to be one of the hardest games to reff due to this.

when the "Inccident" is not interfering with the play of the game, who gives a **** let them play, but if it effects the play at hand then call it.

I agree with ya bhurt, call the ones that take away chances. I think it was more like that before the obstruction rules came into the game to increase speed and scoring.

I agree with you guys somewhat, But thats just not what happens 99% of the time in the NHL. Professional hockey is the only sport I watch that I can predict when and what team is going to get the next penalty. Part of been a good team is having the discipline to know when and when not to take a penalty. Just call the game fairly and let the best team win.

I agree with you guys somewhat, But thats just not what happens 99% of the time in the NHL. Professional hockey is the only sport I watch that I can predict when and what team is going to get the next penalty. Part of been a good team is having the discipline to know when and when not to take a penalty. Just call the game fairly and let the best team win.

That was a great game by the Flames. Completely dominated start to finish - and yet the stripes still manage to somehow make it close (100% agree with GreenDarke that there is no other league out there where consistently the stipes affect the outcome - these clowns do it game in game out). The call on Glencross - then the Baumeester call. Give me a break.

Fortunately this team is so good that even when Kipper lets in two complete sieve goals (how many has he let in like that 1st one? - has to be at least 6 in the past year), and Stripes try to make it close, they still win. The last Vancouver goal - a peewee goalie saves that. It very easily could have been 8-0 Flames at one point. Other than Colorado,no team in the division will give the Flames anything to worry about. Edmonton hasn't beat a winning team yet.

Other than Colorado,no team in the division will give the Flames anything to worry about. Edmonton hasn't beat a winning team yet.

Pretty sure the oilers had the Flames worried twice this year already. Yes the flames won but that is a very bold statment

Typical to see flames fans be active again on this thread once the flames manage to win one :P

Then when the losses pile up, it's all about how it's not their fault - blame the refs, the bettman conspiracy, our jersey's are too bright, etc...

He's just jelouse that "HIS" team isn't doing as well as "OUR'S"

Its kind of like a sandbox fight.....

Was it not 5-0 for the Flames again in this one? 5-3 final.. I would've been cringing if I was a Flames fan..

A win is a win though. And it's always good when it's a division rival.

The 5-0 lead then collapse with Chicago was very different. In that game the Flames played horrible for two periods, and were lucky to be up 5-0 . Last night they played great all game and easily could have been up more than 5-0. The only thing that had me cringing was that, as a result of Stripes giving Vancouver two 5 on 3s in the last 6 minutes, the performance wouldn't be recognized for the dominating one that it was.

BTW - when Glencross got 2 for ???? tripping????with less than 6 minutes left in the game, the penalties were 5 against Vcr and 2 against the Flames. It ended 6 for Vancouver, 5 for the Flames. No such thing as even up calls in this league.

...and finally, when Redmontnon gets a win against a team that is above .500 - then I'll buy that they have some talent. Thus far - schedule friendly. Flames have 4 more at home this month - other than one against Edmonton, they are all against good teams. If the Flames can stay ahead, Deadmonton plays 7 of 8 on the road to start November - then come home and play Colorado, Chicago, LA, and San Jose, then travel to Vancouver for a Saturday night game. They should be picking out which course they want to buy the earlybird membership for by December 1st.

I coached minor football (Calgary Bantam Colts) for 11 years, stopped coaching about 3 years ago, I also coached for 2 years with the Calgary Bantam Falcons and was a Head Coach for three years with the Calgary and Area Pee Wee Colts (Was one of the orginal Head Coaches when this league was created) and have my level 3 NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) and if you do not belive me on this you can always ask rickr as I coached his son personally.

Typical to see flames fans be active again on this thread once the flames manage to win one :P

Then when the losses pile up, it's all about how it's not their fault - blame the refs, the bettman conspiracy, our jersey's are too bright, etc...

Like I said Sun its got nothing to do with who's playing. Well does seem like the refs favor US teams to me anyways. I might be a flames fan but I want all Canadian teams to do well, just not as good as the flames.

The Regular season doesn't mean $%@* Anyway, as long as you make the playoff's. Then the Flames just need to get past the first and maybe even second round for it to be a successful season, and I know people will say that it not successful if they don't win the cup, but give me a break. Troubles for Oiler fan is actually MAKING the Playoff's has been a bit of a problem, maybe they will get lucky this year and sneak into 8th place (Only if Penner stays off the sauce!).

Drew

The complete BS calls happen on the flames wether or not were winnign or losing. It's a f**in joke this league. Ive never watched another team (and I do follow other teams) in ANY sport that gets jobbed by the officiating as much as the flames do. the Boston red sox are up there, but lately theyve been getting breaks (finally!!).

the last game against vancouver was a total joke. I could ref better, and I mean that in all seriousness. A call is a call. what about the columbus game with flames players getting hualed down on 2 on 1's???? No calls? come on... stupid.

glad I play hockey sometimes, so I dont end up watching the sh**tshow the NHL has become.