Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Boyd was on the 1st line a week ago, and now they decide to send him to QC??? :blink:

Guess they were the only two way contracts available.

Man - I missed the 1st period on TV last night, but caught the highlights this morning. Was hoping that it was the rookie defence that let Minn walk around them for the three goals. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th goals were brutal. Why wouldn't Keenan just leave Curtis in the net for the rest of the game?

After the game in Dallas, I was back in denial and thinking that they were in better shape then they are. How can a goalie play stellar one night and let in not one, not two, but three softies against one of the lowest scoring tems in the league the next night. Just hope Rollie can out duel luongo tonight. Go Oilers.

All tied up with two games to go, but Calgary has the tiebreaker. We might prefer to play Chicago anyway.

I agree I think Chicago would be a much better series than Columbus. Much tougher especially in Chi-town with their rabid playoff starved fans. Wait a minute, maybe the Flames should play against Husellius.

Doesnt matter who the frick we play if we outshoot a team 45+ to under 25 and lose..... :$*%&: :$*%&: :$*%&: :$*%&: :$*%&:

we need some damn goaltending!!

Unfortunate game. Kipper made some very good saves, but his positioning has not been great. The big difference between Kipper and Luaongo (in that game) was while both butterfly too early leaving the top of the net open, Luongo's glove hand was so quick that he stopped 'em whereas Kipper was way late and they went over his shoulder and in. The first and fourth goals probably should have been stopped, the other two - tough but makable saves.

That said - was one of the best efforts the Flames have had in some time - not sure how Oli didn't get at least one. For Vancouver - they played as poorly as any time I've seen them this year. Bad time for them to start losing it - if i were a Vancouver fan I'd be nervous. They throw one away against Anaheim, horrible goaltending in Edmonton and lose, outplayed badly and shotty goaltending against Colorado, badly outplayed against Calgary. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Vcr loss to LA and a Calgary win against Edmonton in Edmonton.

Feeling better about Calgary than I was 2 weeks ago. Hope Rene can get back soon. Don't think anyone gives Bourque the credit he deserves for his season - all I hear about on the Commie Broadcasting Corp is Ryan Kesler, Alex Burrows and how awesome they are, how they should be on the Olympic team etc etc.

Bourque. 0.69 points per game, +18 (leads team), scores on 14% of his shots.

Burrows: 0.638 points per game, +23 (T2 on team), scores on 16% of his shots

Kesler: 0.725 points per game, +8 (7th on the team), scores on 14% of his shots.

IMO - Bourque's season has been every bit as good as the other two - but if one of them went down, that is all you wuld here about on hot stove etc.

Unfortunate game. Kipper made some very good saves, but his positioning has not been great. The big difference between Kipper and Luaongo (in that game) was while both butterfly too early leaving the top of the net open, Luongo's glove hand was so quick that he stopped 'em whereas Kipper was way late and they went over his shoulder and in. The first and fourth goals probably should have been stopped, the other two - tough but makable saves.

That said - was one of the best efforts the Flames have had in some time - not sure how Oli didn't get at least one. For Vancouver - they played as poorly as any time I've seen them this year. Bad time for them to start losing it - if i were a Vancouver fan I'd be nervous. They throw one away against Anaheim, horrible goaltending in Edmonton and lose, outplayed badly and shotty goaltending against Colorado, badly outplayed against Calgary. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Vcr loss to LA and a Calgary win against Edmonton in Edmonton.

Feeling better about Calgary than I was 2 weeks ago. Hope Rene can get back soon. Don't think anyone gives Bourque the credit he deserves for his season - all I hear about on the Commie Broadcasting Corp is Ryan Kesler, Alex Burrows and how awesome they are, how they should be on the Olympic team etc etc.

Bourque. 0.69 points per game, +18 (leads team), scores on 14% of his shots.

Burrows: 0.638 points per game, +23 (T2 on team), scores on 16% of his shots

Kesler: 0.725 points per game, +8 (7th on the team), scores on 14% of his shots.

IMO - Bourque's season has been every bit as good as the other two - but if one of them went down, that is all you wuld here about on hot stove etc.

Agreed, Bourque is the Glue that holds this team together, without him you never know what kind of effort the flames will put forth. Just look at the difference in there Record with him in and out of the lineup. The flames have been suspect since he has been injured.

Why don't you go and play goal for them....bet you 'd be worse ........you miss the fact that defense is non existant on this team most of the time.

So correct me if I am wrong, you pay someone top dollers and they are okay to play at a average level?

Kipper is payed huge money to make those save and not depend on his defence, does he need the help of the d, of course.

A preiumer goalie, such as what kipper is beeing paied should be able to stop 25 and less shots and pull out a win. Look at what Luggo does in vancouver!

Psst......Flames fans.

Look in the rear view mirror.......the Canucks are coming!!!!!!!

I love it when prophesies come true!!

From 10 points back to two up in just over a month. A win or a tie against the Avalanche, or failing that, anything but a win from Calgary and it's going to be Division Champion Vancouver Canucks!!!!!

I love it when prophesies come true!!

From 10 points back to two up in just over a month. A win or a tie against the Avalanche, or failing that, anything but a win from Calgary and it's going to be Division Champion Vancouver Canucks!!!!!

I remeber one year Calgary was Division and Confenernce Champions, what happened to them in playoffs????????????

Playoffs is without a doubt a new season in my eyes, Calgary tends to play stronger against better teams and gets lazy against the weaker teams, so going up against Chigaco could be to there advatange, and heck a team can take a win or two in a row but one thing you know is that it will be a grinder......

Anyways I would like to see a Cal vs Van rematch in the playoffs

Why don't you go and play goal for them....bet you 'd be worse ........you miss the fact that defense is non existant on this team most of the time.

before Kipper got a fat paycheck he made these saves. The defence hasn't changed that much. every night we get out GOALTENDED, not outplayed. Period....

and again tonight.... though that was a totally infuriating game to watch becuase the whole team was sucking bad. ever since the trade the chemistry has been gone. Cammi is wondering where he's gona fit in, Leopold just plain sucks... sorry but... wtf were they thinking getting rid of Lombardi our fastest skater and biggest threat to bust a breakway on the PK... now the other teams are closing in and preying off of us on their PP.

BAAAAD TRADE.

I said I'd give a few weeks before I decided, and that I was on the fence about the trade. I'll say it now... it's ruined the team concept the flames were slamming the opponents with up until a month ago. and before you slam me....Whats the record since this trade? O... yea... um.... brutal...

plum⋅met

/ˈplʌmɪt / [pluhm-it]

–noun

1. Also called plumb bob. a piece of lead or some other weight attached to a line, used for determining perpendicularity, for sounding, etc.; the bob of a plumb line.

2. something that weighs down or depresses. Similar to spirits of current Flambe bandwagon fans.

–verb (used without object)

3. to plunge. Eg. Currently happening to Flambe in standings thanks to OIL beatdown.

Origin: 1350–1400; (n.) ME plommet < MF, dim. of plomb lead; (v.) deriv. of the n. See plumb, -et

Synonyms: 3. fall, dive, drop, swoop, poop the bed, tank, four and out

Ya ok check out the payroll of 56.7 MILLION dollars. Flames can come up with all the excuses they want but the trade sucked. Weve seen it once, weve seen it a few times, Flames in the lead then Bang! We only dressed 15 players, injuries Bla,Bla,Bla. Maybe the head man needs to be traded. Ya evr since Kipper got the big bucks hes slowed down. Yet watching lately the defence aint no screaming hell either. I think the flaming C is about to be extinguished. but wait might have a chance against chicago if they can dress more than 15 players. Everytime they loose they pull out all the excuses. Lets play some real 100% hockey.Earn your dam MILLIONS. :goodvsevil():

All I am gonna say about last night is that McElhinney played great last night. The same shots and same types of plays that have getting PAST kipper, were stopped last night. Enough said.

Here's hoping they start McElhinney against the hawks the second Kipper looks sub-par, as he has done all year. Don't try and defend him please... the TEAM has looked good becuase they've scored a lot and it's been covering up our bad goaltending... but I ask you one thing... how many 2-1 or 1-0 games have we won this year? And how many 2-1 or 1-0 games did we win on our way to the cup finals in 2004?