Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

Scott Stevens was AWESOME!!!!!!! Huge hits are part of the game and he was one of the best if not the best. When he was on the ice not to many of the elite goal scores would cut across the middle and if they did they risked getting leveled. He was one of those guys that would change the way a team would play against his team and was a big reason why the Devils won there cups.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Click here if the movie does not play.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedWiggler

He wasnt trying to take the body off the puck, he was trying to take the head off the body for that reason I thought his hits were dirty regardless. You can hit guys hard in hockey and not try to kill them. Your right people were scared of him because he would take your head off and end your career if you were not careful, Hall Of Fame all the way!!!!

Guest RedWiggler

Anyways we have Wild tonight and I feel a win is crucial, we need to get back into a positive momentum and start getting consecutive wins again.

It's funny how the world works... always the pot calling the kettle black. drunk driving is ok... wow...

what bert did was no worse than what every brother has done to his brother millions of times. Push, punch, cheap shot whatever... it happens every game... all the time. The outcome penalized bert, not the act. Bert's a villain for a punch that happens in every scrum... every time a player gets leveled there's always someone skating across the ice to "take care of business"... every damn game.

Do I think it's right? Hell no.

Do I think it's right to single out ONE guy for something that all of them do all the time and he got a bad break becuase the guy he did it too fell ackwardly to the ice? Hell yes.

Did I ever boo for bert? Hell no.

Cheers.

Who ever said drunk driving was ok? Certainly not me. If my "intent" line was misinterpreted, I apologize. Though the eventual outcome of drunk driving is predictable, and the guy getting behind the wheel always knows he is wrong, they are not getting into the car with the intent to kill someone. As I've said numerous times in this post, I think the penalties for drunk driving are too light, by far. But if you guys want to believe that I think drunk driving is ok, then please, go right ahead. I still don't understand why that has anything to do with Bert.

The bottom line is either you believe his actions were cowardly and had the intent to injure, or you don't. I do. Some agree. Many others don't. But drunk driving or vehicular manslaughter have nothing to do with this.

We know you don't approve of drunk driving rickr.

What burt did was not cowardly in my mind. Moore knew he had a debt to pay for taking a run at Naslund in an earlier game. Hockey has forever protected star player with muscle. You cannot take liberties on a guy like Naslund and not expect any consequence. Moore thought a quick tussel with Cooke would get him off the hook, which is obviously BS especially since he won the fight.

Bertuzzi went out to fight Moore..... not break his neck. He chased him all over the ice with out a response from Moore. If Moore had turned and dropped his gloves he probably would have ended up with a broken nose at worse. I don't blame Burt for what he did. It makes me mad to think of him trying to run away from the situation so i can just imagine how Burt felt. The outcome to Moore was unfortunate but i don't think anyone saw that kind of an injury coming from that play.

Guest RedWiggler

I listened to about 10 minutes of the second period while I was driving last night and in that time the Wild scored one shorthanded goal and then anotherr egular strenght goal. I woke up this morning thinking geez I sure hope we won!!! Thanks to are new offensive threat Adrian Aucion I guess we pulled it out....lol!!! ATTA go boys!!!

We know you don't approve of drunk driving rickr.

What burt did was not cowardly in my mind. Moore knew he had a debt to pay for taking a run at Naslund in an earlier game. Hockey has forever protected star player with muscle. You cannot take liberties on a guy like Naslund and not expect any consequence. Moore thought a quick tussel with Cooke would get him off the hook, which is obviously BS especially since he won the fight.

Bertuzzi went out to fight Moore..... not break his neck. He chased him all over the ice with out a response from Moore. If Moore had turned and dropped his gloves he probably would have ended up with a broken nose at worse. I don't blame Burt for what he did. It makes me mad to think of him trying to run away from the situation so i can just imagine how Burt felt. The outcome to Moore was unfortunate but i don't think anyone saw that kind of an injury coming from that play.

Very well put. This hits the nail on the head.

I actually had the chance to have a chat with Dean McAmmond one day before he got traded away again.. I brought up this incident and asked him "i'm sick of hearing how the media feels about it, how do you PLAYERS feel about it?" He basically said that "there seems to be an overall lack of respect between players in the NHL the last number of years, you just can't do stuff like that" BUT, he had no doubt that "Bertuzzi absolutely did NOT mean for it to happen the way it did", that "he's not that kind of guy". So that carried alot of weight in my opinion about the whole thing.

I'm still of the opinion that the broken neck was actually not a result of the punch, or his head hitting the ice... but rather the dogpile of like 5-6 players on top of him after he was unconscious.

Granted.. i'll concede the point that if Bertuzzi hadn't punched him, it never would've happened.

Very well put. This hits the nail on the head.

I actually had the chance to have a chat with Dean McAmmond one day before he got traded away again.. I brought up this incident and asked him "i'm sick of hearing how the media feels about it, how do you PLAYERS feel about it?" He basically said that "there seems to be an overall lack of respect between players in the NHL the last number of years, you just can't do stuff like that" BUT, he had no doubt that "Bertuzzi absolutely did NOT mean for it to happen the way it did", that "he's not that kind of guy". So that carried alot of weight in my opinion about the whole thing.

I'm still of the opinion that the broken neck was actually not a result of the punch, or his head hitting the ice... but rather the dogpile of like 5-6 players on top of him after he was unconscious.

Granted.. i'll concede the point that if Bertuzzi hadn't punched him, it never would've happened.

Pretty much sums up how I feel on the subject.

I didn't mean to say that YOUR saying frunk driving is ok... however your defense of your position is, in my opinion, weak. you ask what the other things have to do with hockey. A lot, in this case

Player one puches someone - villain for the rest of his life for the outcome of a emotional hockey game where people throw puches every game, and commit the same acts as he did, every game.

Player 2 breaks the law speeding excessively, and kills someone becuase of it - and is not villified

Coach 1 drives drunk and breaks the law, and he's also not a villain.

WTF is wrong with this picture????

Either lay off on Bert, or start booing MacT and Heatley vehemently as well.

I didn't mean to say that YOUR saying frunk driving is ok...

How about frunk typing?

Hey hawg - I think it's okay to have strong dislike for a hockey player and keep it when they move to your team. I'd feel the same if Jarko Ruttu ever came here. Lots of people just plain don't like Bertuzzi because of his character and his lack of heart (to me, slamming your stick on the ice when you miss is not passion, its what spoiled kids do, I see it at the rink every week-end). I have no problem with what he did with Moore - and I still can't stand the guy, and it bugs me cause he is the first Calgary Flame I've felt that way about.

Some guys on other teams you hate becuase they are on the other team, but would love to have on your own - Ryan Smyth would be one for me. Bert isn't like that for me - I just don't like the guy.

Now - tough luck for Rene Bourque. That guys is awesome, plays will heart, and to me is the difference this year. Unfortunate that both he and Langkow will be out tonight when they play the Oilers. Will be tough for the Flames to score more than 7 goals :devil: Good to see Lundmark get a shot though, He is probably the closest thing to Rene we have.

Guest RedWiggler
How about frunk typing?

Hey hawg - I think it's okay to have strong dislike for a hockey player and keep it when they move to your team. I'd feel the same if Jarko Ruttu ever came here. Lots of people just plain don't like Bertuzzi because of his character and his lack of heart (to me, slamming your stick on the ice when you miss is not passion, its what spoiled kids do, I see it at the rink every week-end). I have no problem with what he did with Moore - and I still can't stand the guy, and it bugs me cause he is the first Calgary Flame I've felt that way about.

Some guys on other teams you hate becuase they are on the other team, but would love to have on your own - Ryan Smyth would be one for me. Bert isn't like that for me - I just don't like the guy.

Now - tough luck for Rene Bourque. That guys is awesome, plays will heart, and to me is the difference this year. Unfortunate that both he and Langkow will be out tonight when they play the Oilers. Will be tough for the Flames to score more than 7 goals :devil: Good to see Lundmark get a shot though, He is probably the closest thing to Rene we have.

If Jarko Ruttu came to Calgary I would sell my seasons tickets, there is know room in the league for guys like him. Who bites in hockey not to mention he is just a dirty player like Ryan Hollweeg and they will get whats coming to them........after they break someones back or kill someone!!!!

Bourque = huge loss for the Flames, I agree with you, I think he and Camel are the differance this years as well. Man that did not look good Im surpized hisleg did not break in half that was nasty, he could be gone for awhile. I heard he could be gone for the season.........ouch!!!!

I didn't mean to say that YOUR saying frunk driving is ok... however your defense of your position is, in my opinion, weak. you ask what the other things have to do with hockey. A lot, in this case

Player one puches someone - villain for the rest of his life for the outcome of a emotional hockey game where people throw puches every game, and commit the same acts as he did, every game.

Player 2 breaks the law speeding excessively, and kills someone becuase of it - and is not villified

Coach 1 drives drunk and breaks the law, and he's also not a villain.

WTF is wrong with this picture????

Either lay off on Bert, or start booing MacT and Heatley vehemently as well.

Brian,

I say this with all due respect.

The argument you are using is "at least he is not as bad as....". To me, you are using the actions of others (McT, Heatley), and a perceived lack of consequences for their acts, as justification for the lack of consequences for Bert. In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, that argument does not hold water. They have nothing to do with each other. Two were civil offenses and dealt with by the legal system. One was done in the context of the game and dealt with by the game (I realize there is civil as well). All are eligible to play. All should be allowed to. Doesn't mean I would want them on my team.

I stand by my initial observation. I would not want Bert on my team, as I don't think (again, my opinion) he is a person of good character. If you do, that's fine. Many others agree with you. As I've said before, I'm ok with that. You find my argument invalid. Fair enough. But don't try to tell me to lay off of him. I have no intention of doing so. Just as I'm not asking you to stop cheering for him just because I don't like him.

And for the record, I've never consistently booed anyone in my life. I don't boo any of the above players/coaches. Doesn't mean I pull for any of them.

I cannot watch HNIC with Lee and Crawford. They are absolutley the worst. Turned of the TV and listed to Peter on the radio. Pretty bad when Sportsnet broadcast is more bearable than CBC.

Totally agree !!! My wife and I couldn't stand it; Crawford saying Dwayne Rolofson all night, with the icing on the cake being Lee pointing to the fact that Alex Hemsky is the best Oilers shooter during his shoot-out commentary. These clowns are on Hockey Night in Canada!! Wow.

Totally agree !!! My wife and I couldn't stand it; Crawford saying Dwayne Rolofson all night, with the icing on the cake being Lee pointing to the fact that Alex Hemsky is the best Oilers shooter during his shoot-out commentary. These clowns are on Hockey Night in Canada!! Wow.

I'm with both of you. I'd much rather listen to Peter Lobardious on Sportsnet then the HNIC guys. Even though Lobardious says the names: Camallariiiiiiieeeee, Lombardiiiiiiiiiiieee, Bertuzziiiieeeeee, Pardyyyyyyyyyyyyy, and to top it off....... Giiiiiiiiiordano!

Rickr.

respectfully, your not getting my point. make a beef with ALL of them, or lay off on ALL of them. I don't think bert was right. But it was a hockey play in a hockey game. What the other guys did was far worse, IMHO, and bert's more of a villain for what he did. It's not right. I don't condone ANY of their actions, all I am saying is it's BS bert's getting all the crap.. while other scumbags aren't.

PS NICE GOAL BERT!

Guest RedWiggler
I'm with both of you. I'd much rather listen to Peter Lobardious on Sportsnet then the HNIC guys. Even though Lobardious says the names: Camallariiiiiiieeeee, Lombardiiiiiiiiiiieee, Bertuzziiiieeeeee, Pardyyyyyyyyyyyyy, and to top it off....... Giiiiiiiiiordano!

CBC gets rid of Cris Cuthbert (who can make bowling sound exciting), then they refuse the Hockey Night In Canada song and now they higher this two peons are you kidding me. Crawford was one of the most hated people in hockey and now we have to listen to his high pitched squeaky voice mispronounce almost every name out there. Agreed, these to are ruining TV broadcasts, its painful to listen to. Im just geting used to Lobardious who is not much better but better never the less.

Bert is the new King Of The Shootout!!!! guy is amazing with the puck and he is really starting to look comfortable out there. I hope we can work something out with him so that he stays for awhile. Has anyone heard a prognosise on David Moss, that did not look good. Not a great effort but the win was crucial, atta go boys!!!! Good thing Rolly played great or that was a blow out.

Guest RedWiggler

I wonder how effective Huselius will be tonight, Im sure the boys will really take it to him. Should be a barn burner, it always is when we hook up with the Jackets. I may have an extra ticket if anyone is interested????????