Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately a slump right now. Not a terrible time to have it, but they need to turn it around soon. Tossing away points against god awful teams like Atlanta and Toronto. Other than the first period against Detroit, Kipper has been outplayed by the other goalie in 8 of the last 10 games. Doesn't mean he was always bad, just that the other goalie outplayed him (against NJ he was good, but Brodeur was better). Tonight - well - he was pretty bad.

Just got back from the Dome, boring game but glad to see the defense (except Phaneuf) playing like they should. Dion received more than a few boos, but a win is a win and 5 points back up on Vancouver is a welcome outcome.

Two games by the Blues - against Vcr they badly outplay Vancouver, outshoot them outchance them - but they get shut-out. Tonight, with exception of part of the first and the first 8 minutes of the third - the Flames absolutley dominate, outshoot and outchnce the Blues but lose 3-2. The reason that Vancouver will make it through the first round and Calgary will not is in net.

I have to respectfully disagree. The flames played 15 minutes. Not two parts of a period here and some there. they played 15 hard minutes. They didnt play 60... like GOOD and GREAT teams do and until they do they'll never amount to anything. dont blame kipper for a team that lets a far inferior team back up off the mat and gives them hope.

Until I see a solid 60 minute effort out of this team lately, I cant put it on kipper. He's been there when the team plays in front of him. Unlike a few years ago, he hasnt been there when the team sags. It's time for the TEAM to straighten up their act and put kipper on THEIR damn shoulders for once.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Canucks are in the rear view for a reason

Canucks were 10 points back......now it's down to 3 points. 11 games to go with only 2 games against teams higher in the standings, so the Canucks should have a good shot at the Flames.

The game against Calgary on April 7 will be a big one!!!

So far so good against Detroit. let's see if they can play for the last 20 minutes and finish this thing. They were starting into "flames choke mode" there late in the 2nd, with the help of a non call in front leading to detroits goal anything could happen. Boy if we think kipper's looked bad at times, Osgood REALLY sucked!

Great win. I hate Detroit.

I'd have to say that I think that was a brutal performance by most of the team last night (though I agree with hawg that Boyd looked really good as did Peters). Once again it came down to who was in the net and Kipper played really well til the third and Osgoode did us a real favour. Lundmark - I never understood why they didn't keep him at the start. Lundmark, Borque and Glencross would be one hell of a line.

Leopold and Phaneuf were neck and neck for the 'who looked most like a pylon' in the third. At least Phaneuf scored a goal to make up for his own end problems. I still really like the guy, but even I have to admit, he doesn't look like he is trying in his own end. As for Leopold - can't believe they sent Pardy to the minors to play him. Pardy is far better IMO.

A win is a win - but that could so easily have been a 5-0 beatdown by the wings. What gets me is how after the game the ANALysts were talking about what a great job the Flames did. They played far better against St Louis in my opinion.

EDIT - Wouldn't want to be Edmonton tonight. The Wings are gonna be mad.

Just checked and Luongo is doing his thing again. Dallas 14 shots, Vcr 7 - Vcr leads 2 to 1.

Yikes,

Not sure I've seen the Flames this bad in the past three years. They have absolutley nothing going well right now. Goaltending is at best average - and only good when the other goalie is better, PowerPlay can't score (even on 5:3) and has given up more shorties then any other team in the league, the penalty kill is brutal (seems like a key component is missing), and Iginla is playing reallllly poorly.

The last time they played a good game was Philly at the start of the last road trip. Since then they lost 6-1 to Carolina, 5-2 to Atlanta, 3-2 to New Jersey, won in a miraculous comeback against Detroit 6-5, lost 8-6 to Toronto, won 2-1 against Dallas with a very late goal, lost 3-2 to St Louis, won 5-3 to Detroit in game they were badly outplayed in, lost 2-0 to Pittsburgh, and are getting there butts handed to them tonight.

Never mind holding on to first - these guys will be lucky to hold on to 6th. Montreal of the west.

And starting a brawl when you're down 4-0 is brutal and cliche. Embarrassing.