Fly Fusion Forums

New Toys!!!!!

reevesr1

Mixed in with the shirts, new wallet, and assorted obligatory xmas gifts was my new 3 wt TFO Finesse fly rod.SWEET! I also happen to know a nice new reel is hidden somewhere waiting for my birthday in Feb. I also got a book called "Standing in a River Waving a Stick" by John Gierach. Perfect xmas for me, hope the red fat man was good to all ya'll as well!

Great book. Fishing books don't get much better than John Gierach's, imo.

I got a TFO for Christmas that I haven't seen before. The label says it's just one of the Lefty Kreh signature series poles, but it's a 4-piece and has a really nice wood insert reel seat. Also, the price tag was accidentally left on the rod, and it cost 159.99. It must be an updated version or something. Anyway, can't wait to take it down to the Elbow and test 'er out, maybe find a brown or two. Goodbye noodly Sage LE :D

Merry Christmas everyone

I got to watch my daughter open presents which is maye the most satisfying thing I have ever experienced at Xmas. I also ended up with a Hardy GEM MK II and a Hardy mid belly (67 ft) spey line with a clear sink tip. I am wired for sound right now just itching to get out and try it. And last but not (at all) least I was given a nice looking book titled "Fumbling with the fly rod" by Ian Collin James (sp), I am looking forward to digging into it after I finish the Haig-Brown I am reading now. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Xmas.

Cheers,

al

Sounds like everyone is having a great Christmas so far!!! This year my best present was a husband that continues to spoil me and knows exactly what to buy this girl! See below for proof. In addition to the "proof" I got a new Rio nymphing flyline and a Columbia PFG fishing shirt to match the one that I bought for Mike. Ya....I guess we know each other pretty well by now ;)

I've wanted this puppy for a while now. All about the gold baby.

Christmas200723.jpg

I bought Mike one of these about 8 years ago and I swear these boxes will stand up to a nuclear explosion. I'm happy and honoured to have one of my own now

Christmas200724.jpg

And it wouldn't be Christmas without a bit of bling! This one I will not wear fishing on the Bow though :P

Christmas200725.jpg

Merry Christmas guys and gals - hope your day has been as great as ours!!!

Good to hear you all had a goog christmas! Mine is still going on with a million relatives going NUTS playing scattegories...time to hide in the comp room with some bubbly! Anyways, got some sweet trout themed stuff like coathooks and magnets. A couple sweet books, fiction and some non-fiction by the classic authours like gierarch and some hemingway. Sopranos seasons 1-6, and some cd's. Good haul! Anyways, happy new year to all of ya!

Guest bigbadbrent
Everyone looks like they brought in hauls. I picked up some Sharkskin and a patagonia sst jacket. Oh yeah and a new tying vise and tools(beginner *hit but still amazing!!) Looks like its gonna be a great year. Hope everyone has a happy holiday season.

ooo SST stretch, im jealous, i finally got my Deep Wading Jkt in the other week...you'll love the sharkskin, i promise

and Nick, thats hilarious, even crazier since the Wii was supposed to be impossible to get

Yeah the Wii is unreal - check out Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, and Metroid Prime 3. RE 4 is also an awesome game and well worth the $30. Zelda's worth playing just for the fishing.

They could make the most awesome flyfishing game on the Wii - I'm just not sure how many people would buy it.

My good wife got me some fleece wading pants to go under the new breathable waders and some new boots.

Monger,

I'd love to say "meet me you know where at noon to test out our new toys", but sadly I'm in Edmonton.

By the way, the big backwater run is holding a few in the tailout. Just need the boots.

Happy New Year to y'all from sunny south of the border, Minnesnowtah!

We survived the drive from our home to that of my husband's parents with only the loss of color in our knuckles. White out conditions and some icy patches resulted in the deaths of quite a few motorists in the midwest that day. So making it safely was really a good present.

Santa remembered that I needed a Simms wading jacket, too. It's dark blue and I will wear it for a long time. I'm wearing it now, in fact. ;)

Now it's got the "bling"...LOL...

I have a nice new Loop Blueline 14' 9wt. Spey rod, with a 9/10 Loop Quatro Multi tip Shooting line, waiting for me down at the Greyhound Depot, that hopefully will delivered to Hansons Outfitters and be in my hands by tommorow.

It's been a good Christmas for me. Hope everyones was the same.

In case you need to fish in areas with house values in excess of $3,000,000!

I got a $150 to spend at Bass Pro Shops (I guess they sell the cards up here somewhere), so I've got some browsing to do, hopefully for some wider wading or hiking boots.

Toolman, will you actually be able to fit all of your spey rods into your car now or are you going to buy a 16' trailer? :)