Fly Fusion Forums

Your Fishing Soundtrack

I usually listen to the birds while I'm out and keep an ear open for the sound of Mr Bear, but I had Blackie and the Rodeo Kings on once while driving to the Livingstone and it was hard to describe but it seemed to set the tone.

Fuel 90.3 plays ok tunes but they have the worst DJ's in the city.

Thats true about the DJs, I like Fuel cause they don't give the DJs much time to talk. Sublime, Tool, RATM on the way if alone and whatevers still in the player on the way back.

Good call on the fu manchu tag. Although thier not my fishin music, saw them a few years back in edmonton, it was amazing. Rock and roll. I usually listen to some mellow jams to get in the mood. Wilco, Neil Young, anything bluegrass...Lately i've been in a louder mood. Black Mountain's been getting it done. Jayhad, Dragon force is an epic choice, although if im going metal it usually involves Angel of Death(slayer); that will get me psyched if I need it.

For some reason, I often listen to country....I'm not an avid country listener, but it just seems to put me in the mood to fish. However, now with my Siruis satellite radio, it's usually Covino and Rich if it's on, or Laugh USA.

I throw in the "U2 best of 1980-1990" disc and off I go. Puts me in the mood. One of the songs has a few lines in particular that tell of the early morning drive to the crow... lines " a highway with no one on it" and " a river in a time of dryness" set the tone.