Fly Fusion Forums

2009 Streamwatch Auction

toolman

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg, it's good to see this thing gaining momentum -- thanks for all your work. Now you've got me motivated to get involved, so here goes...........

I will donate a custom made-to-order wood landing net. The purchaser will have the option of either a catch & release style or a pontoon net. The C&R style has an 8"x16" opening and a total length of 24". The pontoon net has a 10.5"x16.5" opening and a total length of 36". Both accept readily available replacement bags.

The pictures that follow show samples of each style and some of the wood options available. The net frame is laminated with three wood strips that are normally chosen to contrast in colour. The purchaser may select from any of the following wood options for the frame: walnut, ash, purple heart, white oak, or red oak. For the handle, the same wood options are available, plus the choice of birdseye maple. Other wood options will be considered subject to availablity, suitability for bending, and cost.

Qualifications: I have been woodworking since I was a young teenager (that makes it over 50 years). I got started working in my dad's millwork shop and have had my own well-stocked woodworking shop ever since. I took on net-making as a personal challenge five years ago (just for fun -- these quality nets aren't available in stores folks :lol:). Since then, I've built at least 16 nets which I have given to friends and family as well as for personal use.

Suggested starting bid: $100

In addition, I will make a cash donation to Streamwatch, calculated as follows:

(donation amount) = (amount of winning bid) - (suggested starting bid) + $50.

Terry

net-01.jpg

net-02.jpg

net-03.jpg

net-04.jpg

which I have given to friends and family

I have seen Terry's nets and they are top notch all the way!!!!!!!!! (Dave uses his to land all my nice Trout for me :P )

And since I guess I won't get one for free I will open the bid at $120.00

2009 StreamWatch Auction List

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13."I LIKE CAKE"...

More info. from Chris...

"I would like to offer a BIGBOWTROUT CAKE SPECIAL. I will bake a cake of the winning bidders choice (I don't bake but how hard can it be). I will hand deliver the cake to almost anywhere in Alberta within reason and as long as there is good fishing close by."

-current bid: $55 Loyaleddie

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we close the bidding on this rather quick? Reason being, I would love to see Chris deliver my cake up the Chinchaga rather soon.... he never did define what was "within reason"...for delivery...and trust me..there is good fishing around the Chin!

Been reading over the posts here. Love the humor regarding the cake. Sorry, Chris, no bids from me. ;)

GREAT donations from lots of folks and GREAT bids as well.

Thanks to all!

Clive