Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

Guest RedWiggler

Iggy played his worst game to date today and this past Thursday. I would love to see Bourque on the 1st line, Lombardi is brutal (can we say wes walz boys and girls), if you can skate like that and Adrian Aucion has double or triple your points there is something wrong with you. This is not new either, he canT score a goal (3 ****ing goals this year, are you kidding me). Benching Bert would be a bad idea, he has been one of our best players in the last 4 games, he is horrible for a bad penalTy or 2 a game though. I think Craig Conroy was are best player today, WHAT DOES THAT SAY..........NOTHING GOOD!!!

Not to mention, we lose 3 in a row and cant afford to lose 4 so what do they do, they start Curtis M. in net. Good job guys put our crappy back up in a total pressure situation AGAIN AND HE LOSES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are the Flames trying to ruin this kid before he even gets started???????????????????????? F#$#$%#%#^%#^%%CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During Thursdays game we had a 4 minute power play and did not get a shot on net, our PP is painful at best even when we are playing good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, at least it wasn't another "debacle of monumental proportions" like the boys up north took.

fLAMES still hold a comfortable lead in the NW, Vancouver is tanking, Edmonton doesn't seem interested in closing the gap, and Minny is in the same boat. Colorado isn't even a threat.

fLAMES are still in great shape to get to the playoffs ahead of anyone else in the NW.

Iggy played his worst game to date today and this past Thursday. I would love to see Bourque on the 1st line, Lombardi is brutal (can we say wes walz boys and girls), if you can skate like that and Adrian Aucion has double or triple your points there is something wrong with you. This is not new either, he canT score a goal (3 ****ing goals this year, are you kidding me). Benching Bert would be a bad idea, he has been one of our best players in the last 4 games, he is horrible for a bad penalTy or 2 a game though. I think Craig Conroy was are best player today, WHAT DOES THAT SAY..........NOTHING GOOD!!!

Not to mention, we lose 3 in a row and cant afford to lose 4 so what do they do, they start Curtis M. in net. Good job guys put our crappy back up in a total pressure situation AGAIN AND HE LOSES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are the Flames trying to ruin this kid before he even gets started???????????????????????? F#$#$%#%#^%#^%%CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During Thursdays game we had a 4 minute power play and did not get a shot on net, our PP is painful at best even when we are playing good.

crappy back up?? get your head straight. only time you have probably seen him play is when he starts and the team doesnt show up, doesnt say hes a bad goalie at all. i agree with you that they are/might ruin him. cant expect a goalie to play every 3 months and play stellar. its real easy to sit in the stands in critique.

Guest RedWiggler

Every now and then your goalie needs to step up and steal a game for you. Curtis has not done that yet and everytime they put him in I get a sick feeling like great here is a loss. Its easy to think that when he loses everytime he plays (which isnt much). Do I think its his fault, to a degree yes I do, the first goal of the game was really weak and it was the second shot of the game, I dont think he was even ready for it. If he makes that save the game have easily gone the other way (he shouldve had that one). Yes the team did not play well in front of him but that story is starting get old to me, you cant bail this kid out with excuses everytime he loses or gets a start or whatever. I have been pulling for Curtis for 2 years now and now Im done, he looks like a little kid sitting there with a deer in the headlights look on his face. We need a better/veteran backup plain and simple.

crappy back up?? get your head straight. only time you have probably seen him play is when he starts and the team doesnt show up, doesnt say hes a bad goalie at all. i agree with you that they are/might ruin him. cant expect a goalie to play every 3 months and play stellar.

I agree - I don't think you can put this on the goalie. The fact is that that when Flames score 3 and lose - then you can maybe put it on the goalie. If they score 2 or less - the 'blame' for the loss rests mainly on the other 18 or so players.

Look at it this way. Since the start of the season when the Flames score 3 or more they are 27-4-2. When they score 2 or less they are 3-16-0. If you go back and look at the 6 losses when they scored 3 or more - goaltending was poor in all of them. Likewise in the 3 wins where they scored 2 or less - guess who was the first star of the game.

How many times the Flames have lost this year when their goalie gave up 2 or less goals? Saturday was the first time. Any time Kipper has let in 2 or less they have won. So - really - much as the media morons will say that Curtis hasn't gotten the job done, I don't see how you can fault him for that loss - nor can it be said that he hasn't played as well as Kipper.

I will agree that with excellent goaltending the Flames could likey have won another 4-6 games where they scored 2 or less - but we have to face it - we do not have excellent goaltending game in game out. Kipper is 45th in save percentage and only slightly better than Curtis who is 58th. (Note also that when Kipper had played 6 games he was dead last in the league in save percentage with a GAA of 3.83 - so relatively Curtis is playing better over his first 6 games than Kipper was. This, despite the fact that other than the last game, Curtis was put in when the team was dog tired on the second half of a back-back road game.

Like I said, I don't think Sutter/Keenan should wait until the rest of the pack catches up to make some statements. Do it now. If it works, great. If not and the pack still catches up, can reverse the moves and at least the guys that got benched/sat down will have gotten more of a message that a GM visit to the dressing room and a broken stick in practice.

Go habs go..........No Habs No!!!!! By boys are a sinkin fast. Need a trade or shake up. 2 short handed goals and the Flames skated them to death. Hopefully a win in Oil country wenesday.

Hanging my head in shame.

Even my 5 year old son is distraught as he made a bet with his kindergarten teacher and has to wear a Flames tshirt this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!

Well they stopped the slide, maybe only momentarily because the hardest part of the schedule is coming. But they looked good, or the Habs made them look good, anyway they kept skating and going to the net and the result was well deserved.

A definate combination of both factors trailhead!!!!!!

I just love how some of the so called "TRUE" calgary fans get their panities all tied up in a knot when we are losing (Even though we are in 1st in our division) and then are all like yeaah we rock as soon as we win....

As for Curtis I think he has done well, against Detriot, which is a hard team to play against he lost in OT, which for a rookie goaltender (Yep I consider him a rookie cause last year he didn't really play much till he got sent down to the minors so we could have cojo, which really never panned out for us) is something for Curtis to be proud of, there are alot of GOOD GOLIES out there that get owned by Detroit. And not to be mean to Curtis but in the NHL he is still a kid, but a kid with alot of potiental. Like lets really think about it for a second, if he was something truely great like some people would like to make him out to be, then do you think he would be a backup? Right now Curtis needs to grow as a goile, and play more pro games and develope as a player.

Also look at how long Kipper sat on the bench before beeing traded to calgary. I think Kipper will do fine for us and if we keep on DEVELOPING CURTIS then we could have a good replacement for kipper when Kipper steps down.

Guest RedWiggler

Just stating the obvious, it was one of there best games of the year.

PS: True fans care thats why they get emotional, casual fans dont care and tend not to!

Just stating the obvious, it was one of there best games of the year.

PS: True fans care thats why they get emotional, casual fans dont care and tend not to!

Its not that I do not care about it, but I do not go around whinning and crying about it. In the NFL there is a saying, the game they just played is in the past and it is time to focus on the game ahead of them. A lose is a lose but does it do any good to come onto a public forum and bash the team that you care about, I think not.

That was my point, end of discusion!

Guest RedWiggler

Wow a sports fan complained about there team after dumping 4 in row, IM SHOCKED and on a public forum to boot. What is the world coming to.

Guest RedWiggler
Yeah, I have no idea what's going on with that team right now. They are in BIG trouble.

I think a big part of the Habs problem right now is that they are a highly offensive team with a bunch of Europeans that dont particularly like the rough stuff. There speed and skill kept them going for awhile but teams are starting to play them tough and it shows through there lack of wins as of late, thats just my opinion though.