Fly Fusion Forums

Official Flames 2008/2043 Seasons Thread

Thought the Flames played really well last night (except for Boyd who was brutal and Kipper). You won't win many games when you stop less than 85% of the shots.

Not sure what game those clowns from the Communist Bradcasting Corporation were watching, but when you win 70% of the face-offs, have 2X the number of hits, outshoot the other team 32-26, and soundly win the only fight - I don't think you can say "The flames just didn't have it going tonight". Sometimes you can play a great game and lose.

To me, last night would have been the perfect start for McElhinney - pretty sure he could have stopped that shot from the corner behind the goal line.

One things for sure - the Flames would be very lucky to draw Phoenix in the first round - that team is a weak imitation of the Wild from last year. Flames would have no trouble beating them in 4 or 5.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RedWiggler

I would have rather seen Curtis play at home agianst the Coyotes, personally I thought we played good enough to win that one & because Kipper sucked Curtis could have been the differance. Instead we play him on the road and put in a bad effort, once again hang our young backup out to dry, still know wins in the league and menatally the Flames could ruin this kid unless he starts getting some ice time and the odd win here or there. It would not surpize me to see Darrell go out and get a veteran backup before the playoff run..........................hopefully we are still in the hunt come playoff time!!!!!!!! If Kipper goes down we are dead in the water with Curtis.

uh oh. i don't like the looks of this. beating the good teams and not the bad ones. definitely been a problem in years past - the old flames. let's hope this was just a blip and they'll get back to playing like they can and have been - the new flames

columbus will be a good test of whether it's back to the old flames or the new flames.

Guest RedWiggler

Brutal game last night. Umberger layes on the ice like he is dead, Dion gets tossed and then Umberger comes back 1 minute later to score a PP goal. Im like "what" "wasnt he just fetal under the Pizza 73 sign", how can anyone that hurt leave the ice with assitance then come back less than 2 minutes later to score the big goal. I was there and saw it 100 times Dion barely hit him, personally I think BJ took a dive and Dion paid the price for it, the reffing was dispicable last night could have been the worst I have seen yet. Adda come back and get the win though boys!!!!!

Still unimpressed with Kiprusoff guys. Seriously.

29th in GAA and 32nd in PCT among qualifying goaltenders as of today. Leading the league in Wins, but also leading the league in Games Played.

Roloson's doing quite a bit better in both those stats (23rd and 19th), but I highly doubt many people would say Roloson is the better goalie this year. Why is that?

Then again.. TSN's power rankings have Roli at 10 and Kipper at 11. Interesting.. ;)

Guest RedWiggler

Dude Kipper makes me nervous everytime the opposition skates into our end. I agree with you, its easy to lead the league in wins when you play every game. Im not sold on Kipper and never have been, we had to score 5 goals last night to win. Man would I love to Roloson as our backup :)

Dude Kipper makes me nervous everytime the opposition skates into our end. I agree with you, its easy to lead the league in wins when you play every game. Im not sold on Kipper and never have been, we had to score 5 goals last night to win. Man would I love to Roloson as our backup :)

I would too! ;)

Are you guys serious? the ONLY thing that matters are WINS, and we have a *hit load more points than Edmonton (+9), plus kipper has always been stellar in the Playoffs, although last year wasn't great (but he did get hung out to dry a few times). The Flames play much better in front of Kipper then they do with McElhinney, which also makes a difference.

Guest RedWiggler

Live, the game was ok. It looked like the Sabres forgot to show up for a better part of the game though, Miller looked weak. I hate those early games, the fans are fumbling until half way through the second period and there is not alot of cheering. WAR the 8:00 PM start!!!!!!

WAR the 8:00 PM start!!!!!!

Jim Rome fan. Nice!

Good game last night. Cammaleri is still looking like the guy they traded for. Looks like Bert is starting to pick it up again too. Unless Kipper gets hurt, or tired, the fLAMES are going to put a death grip on the division title this year.

Guest RedWiggler

Ah man I have been a clone for almost as long as he has been on the radio. We need to get Camel signed up I believe he becomes a UFA next year. He was good in LA, it just goes to show how much better he is playing on a good team. Its to bad the Sens wouldnt hookup us with that Gerber deal, I think he could give Kipper a run for his money.

Ah man I have been a clone for almost as long as he has been on the radio. We need to get Camel signed up I believe he becomes a UFA next year. He was good in LA, it just goes to show how much better he is playing on a good team. Its to bad the Sens wouldnt hookup us with that Gerber deal, I think he could give Kipper a run for his money.

Thats twice now in the past month that the Flames have won, the Losers got pummelled and Vancouver blew a lead in the third. Christmas just keeps coming.

I knew the Flames would dominate the 3rd last night, unless the zebras stepped in. No doubt Miller let in two easy ones - but he also made some spectacular saves (that one on Lombardi was unreal). Flames outshot them 43-27 - I don't think you can blame it on the goalie. That save kipper made when it was 2-2 was a game saver and to me he really deserved the 3rd star. I even have to admit that Bert played the best game I've seen him play all year (still don't want him around).

As for Cammalleri - I think the Flames can keep him. Aucoin is done and we don't need his services anymore (he is playing pretty well now, so likley someone will pick him up). They'd do better to trade him for a draft pick now (don't think Sutter would do it0. Take his money, the money Cammalleri got this year, and lock in Cammalleri for 4 years.