Fly Fusion Forums

Redington Waders Fail

Just a heads up for people looking at buying Redington Waders and expecting product support some time in the future. Redington Brand has been taken over by a sporting conglomerate called Far Bank and they no longer offer repair services on waders. Pin hole leaks I can handle but crotch seam leaks can be more difficult to isolate and fix. Far Bank does not offer any repair services if the waders are off warranty. Customer service is not a priority for the corporation. If you buy these waders do so knowing that you wont have any customer support.

I've patch my Patagonia waders a few times and are leaking like a sieve again after one dry trip this year  I've been disappointed in them because I only get out 3 or 4 days in a year fishing.  I bought them in 2017. The prices for waders now is ridiculously expensive for what you get. 

My first pair of breathable waders about 18 years ago was a basic set of Simms Freestones, and they have also been my longest lasting pair (I still have them as a backup).  The salesman who helped me at the time suggested I buy a pair that was loose fitting and exceptionally long in the legs because he said most breathables failed due to the seams being pulled on.  I also have a set of G3s that only lasted a couple of seasons before leaking and when I bought them they “fit” based on the sizing chart.  It doesn’t make much of a fashion statement, and YMMV, but the next time any of you are in the market try going a bit oversized and see if it helps.  

I was using the simms , folded down for a bunch of years, loved them, never went deep anyway (old guy, spey rod)  when they wore out, bought the simms pants, love them,  So far a belt has worked adequately,  but I think I will give the suspenders a shot.   Now, if there was only a way to  stop leaking.

On 7/23/2023 at 10:34 AM, mrspratley said:

Just a heads up for people looking at buying Redington Waders and expecting product support some time in the future. Redington Brand has been taken over by a sporting conglomerate called Far Bank and they no longer offer repair services on waders. Pin hole leaks I can handle but crotch seam leaks can be more difficult to isolate and fix. Far Bank does not offer any repair services if the waders are off warranty. Customer service is not a priority for the corporation. If you buy these waders do so knowing that you wont have any customer support.

Same reply as I did on the other redneck forum

My experience with Redington has been fantastic. Had a pair of out of warranty waders, and they were under no obligation to fix them. And they offered me a new pair for $50. Honestly, I was gobsmacked.

Big corporations taking over previously independent, stand alone companies is nothing new. Been happening for 20 years now...

Didn't like my recent experience with Simms, though I have softened my opinion, once they explained why they were not going to fix my waist waders. Very important (duh) not to let issues linger; if you have an issue in the first year or under the warranty coverage, best to take care of it pronto.