Fly Fusion Forums

Beat Down @ Police

CopperJohnny

this is something else. I know you and have fished with you a couple times and even a long time ago introduced you to a different side of how to fish this river :) It is too bad some scumbag had to make it come to this. Drop me a PM bud. I think we ALL owe it to CJ here to make a call to the flyshop he was going to work for and stand up for him. Sounds to me as though he didn't have much of a choice.

• Like 2

1. kudos for copperjonny for stepping up and explaining the full story.

2. more kudos for copperjonny for taking care of an a-hole who is clearly acting like a bully in his words and actions.

3. sorry you had to deal with that....seems completely out of left field at a boat launch....why would someone act that way?

The real kicker is Sir "Punching Bag" was once a guide on our beloved Bow River and he should have known better himself.

final piece of the puzzle is the name of this person.......then all would be disclosed.....he deserves to be outed......anyone?

• Like 1

CopperJohnny

this is something else. I know you and have fished with you a couple times and even a long time ago introduced you to a different side of how to fish this river :) It is too bad some scumbag had to make it come to this. Drop me a PM bud. I think we ALL owe it to CJ here to make a call to the flyshop he was going to work for and stand up for him. Sounds to me as though he didn't have much of a choice.

I woiuld call them as well, if CJ was up to it.

The Rematch

The Scuttle at the Shuttle 2

In the blue corner Goldglovejohnny :box:

In the red lincoln corner Lyle Lovettinthechops motz

Sunday Sunday Sunday We'll sell you the whole seat, BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!

Haha we'll sell you the whole seat but you'll only need the edge that is great.

The Rematch

The Scuttle at the Shuttle 2

In the blue corner Goldglovejohnny :box:

In the red lincoln corner Lyle Lovettinthechops motz

Sunday Sunday Sunday We'll sell you the whole seat, BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!

I love you duderainbowlove. Free up your Monday. Let's go test out my new boat.

From the way Eagle initially described the encounter, it sounds like Lincoln man wasn't even on the ramp yet, he was telling people they couldn't even go past him in order to launch. Did I read that right Eagle? If so it wasn't just rude, it was downright bizarre. What's it to him if other people launch while he's getting ready?

My weirdest similar encounter came last fall at Policeman's, where a young man and his girlfriend decided to spread all of their equipment out right on the ramp, including their deflated raft, and then take as long as they felt like to get every last little bit good and ready, including inflating the raft with a hand pump. They had -- this is the unique part -- orange-coloured coffee mugs which they deployed on the ground like a little arc of pileons, like at a road construction site, so that nobody could get past them or roll over their gear. After they launched, they kept the raft in the middle of the water, and then set about their next phase of careful preparations, and absolutely refused to let me ease my driftboat on past them. When I asked them to shift their raft two feet to the right so I could launch, they got surly.

These weren't old curmudgeons set in their ways, but youngsters who evidently thought they're the centre of the universe.

No, not a good idea. He needs to explain his side of the story first. We all know he's keeping tabs on this thread.

don't see why it would not be a good idea. clearly won't be manning up anytime soon to give his side of the story. given the fact the mounties attended the scene, shook copperjonny's hand and sent him on his way would support his side of the story (again good on him for settling the gossip). the other party deserves to be outed for his behaviour.

• Like 1

don't see why it would not be a good idea. clearly won't be manning up anytime soon to give his side of the story. given the fact the mounties attended the scene, shook copperjonny's hand and sent him on his way would support his side of the story (again good on him for settling the gossip). the other party deserves to be outed for his behaviour.

Ya you're right, he's had enough time to come up with excuses. By now I'm sure it would all be just lies. (Tongue-in-cheek - again......)

Those of you that haven't fished with CJ take the opportunity,During the first time I fished with CJ I knew he was a stand up guy. After releasing a fish that went belly up he turns to me and says "hold my rod," and then he sailor dives into the bow fully clothed to save that rainbow..

• Like 3

Don't forget he found your anchor!!

Those of you that haven't fished with CJ take the opportunity,During the first time I fished with CJ I knew he was a stand up guy. After releasing a fish that went belly up he turns to me and says "hold my rod," and then he sailor dives into the bow fully clothed to save that rainbow..

• Like 2

Right you are on another drift, I lost an anchor and when we found it, it was at about 4 1/2' deep on a chilly fall day and CJ just dropped underwater and grabbed it. Stand up guy, I've had some of my best drifts with him

Despite everyone's support of whatever his name is, I can't help but think that he suckerpunched this other guy while he was in his truck. Lame sauce with a capital Catostomus commersonii. Sounds like your both kinda jerks. I for one would be embarrassed for stooping lower than Lincoln guy.

My size 22 cents.