Fly Fusion Forums

Beat Down @ Police

As much as I think Police needs all the friends it can get right now, how bout the goon club from Calgary stay home from now on, we don't need your act in peaceful southern AB thank you very much.

why don't you just share this with all of us Brian , please do tell us more ,

am i the only one thats missing something here , i'm sure these guys have never been down south or been to police lake to fish , ????

The bulk of

As much as I think Police needs all the friends it can get right now, how bout the goon club from Calgary stay home from now on, we don't need your act in peaceful southern AB thank you very much.

The bulk of people out there I have run into have been courteous fly fishers. Sure you run into the odd nasty personality but that is life, it happens everywhere. Lets not lump people from Calgary as goons please.

i know first hand what all went down , allot more to the story then stated ,

the guy was mouthy and got just what he deserved ,

he was mouthy to a few to many people that morning ,

and my bud never hauled him out of his truck , he got out and decided he was going to push my friend around, well it backfired on him , he got just what he deserved , then he called sulking to the RCMP after having his ass whipped , they showed up and talked to everyone , all sides and all witness ,

the good guide got a friendly pat on the back and told to carry on and take his clients out fishing for the day , justice was served

what the mouthy person didn't know was that the clients were getting it all on vid while it was going down , as soon as the boys in red seen the video , was enough to know that the guide was fine in defending himself ,

and just so everyone knows , my bud had his boat already in the water launched , the mouthy guy was blocking him from getting out , and he was also being rude to a few others in line waiting , he;ll think twice next time he decides to shoot off and do a bully act ,

Thanks for sharing the full story. I was wondering if someone from this forum didn't have a more detailed version of it.

My guess is the guy is from out of town maybe Edmonton.

What is a Lincoln anyways?SUV maybe,i'll be sure to let him know if he's 30 seconds too long at the launch!

Maybe Edmonton? come on now. I hope that presumption is based solely on odds due to population and not a xenophobic slur. I drive from Edmonton weekly to fish and actually saw the commotion at poilicemans on Saturday, so I wanna give you the benefit of the doubt....somehow I don't think that's the case though. Care to enlighten?

why don't you just share this with all of us Brian , please do tell us more ,

am i the only one thats missing something here , i'm sure these guys have never been down south or been to police lake to fish , ????

Oh heck my bad. I was reading a thread on Police Lake and thought this was the same forum area and that this happened there!!! Sorry boys, carry on. No big surprise to me that it happened on the Bow. :( Sadly, it seems a lot of folk fishing that place have lost the true meaning of what it means to be a fly fisherman. I do not even visit anymore.

• Like 1

Wow I wonder how that float went after watching your guide assault someone?

"put the fly there!!!"

"yes Sir"

"mend!!!"

"yes sir"

"set!!!"

"Yes sir"

"we're stopping for lunch"

"yes sir"

"I'll need a $200 tip!!!"

"I was thinking $300, if that's OK with you, sir???"

• Like 2

Maybe Edmonton? come on now. I hope that presumption is based solely on odds due to population and not a xenophobic slur. I drive from Edmonton weekly to fish and actually saw the commotion at poilicemans on Saturday, so I wanna give you the benefit of the doubt....somehow I don't think that's the case though. Care to enlighten?

Just a guess really,but it was influenced by past experiences at Policemans.

You'd get crucified for hogging the run with the hover drift boat, and also hated for having enough money for being able to afford a hover boat. And you would be assumed to be from Edmonton, unless you were using your hoverboat on the Crow, or worse yet BC, in which case you would be assumed to be from Calgary, or even worse, Wyoming. Then there would be fist fights, because everyone knows that's the only way to settle fishing disputes.

• Like 3

Hey wow, wow lets take it easy on the Wyoming thing Tex. I spent 2.5 wonderful years getting drunk there... I mean attending University.

I knew I should have done some MMA training to be prepared for fishing.

All those years of fishing, drinking and telling stories I was such a fool.

Granted a bat, frozen chicken or some other weapon does help even out that life choice.

Edited by Muffin

I heard Lincoln guy was from Red Deer??

who cares really , if he was from red deer , edmonton or even calgary ,

that shouldn't matter at all , what does matter is what he was that morning

he was a mouthy D bag and tried to be a big bully to a bunch of other fly fisherman who where minding there own and some waiting in line to launch ,

i'm sure this will smart'n him up , he was nothing but a little dog with a big bark and he barked at the wrong guide ,

now for our visiting soft loveable huggable texan Rickr

your giving me a good laugh with your BS posts

if this happen down in your state, someone would of got shot as you texan's love your guns , ;mornCoffee:

• Like 1

who cares really , if he was from red deer , edmonton or even calgary ,

that shouldn't matter at all , what does matter is what he was that morning

he was a mouthy D bag and tried to be a big bully to a bunch of other fly fisherman who where minding there own and some waiting in line to launch ,

i'm sure this will smart'n him up , he was nothing but a little dog with a big bark and he barked at the wrong guide ,

now for our visiting soft loveable huggable texan Rickr

your giving me a good laugh with your BS posts

if this happen down in your state, someone would of got shot as you texan's love your guns , ;mornCoffee:

Wowa there duechie,were merly discussing the possibilitys of where he could have been from.Its what we do when its raining.

• Like 2