Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying?

headscan

Guest Dennis59

Kyle nice looking flies. Have you tied up all white clousers deadly on bulls. Also had good luck on Purple I white.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S. :laxfisher::fish_jump:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure can.......

hook = #2 2xl streamer hook

tail = 2 brown hackles and a few strands of pearl flash

undrbody = deer hair trimmed flat top and bottom

back = craft foam

head = spun deer hair

eyes = med craft eyes

First start with the tail. Tie in hackle and flash. Next tie in foam back. Tie in bunches of deer hair along the sides of the hook shank. Continue to about 4 eyes back of the eye. Trim top and bottom flat. Pull up foam over back and tie off. Now make the head by spinning deer hair and shape. Glue on the eyes with a drop of epoxy and ur done. I usualy add a drop of glue to eack bunch of deer hair on the sides for strength. Hope that makes sense. I was bored one night and wanted to make a diff lookin mouse and that is what i came up with.

sure can.......

hook = #2 2xl streamer hook

tail = 2 brown hackles and a few strands of pearl flash

undrbody = deer hair trimmed flat top and bottom

back = craft foam

head = spun deer hair

eyes = med craft eyes

First start with the tail. Tie in hackle and flash. Next tie in foam back. Tie in bunches of deer hair along the sides of the hook shank. Continue to about 4 eyes back of the eye. Trim top and bottom flat. Pull up foam over back and tie off. Now make the head by spinning deer hair and shape. Glue on the eyes with a drop of epoxy and ur done. I usualy add a drop of glue to eack bunch of deer hair on the sides for strength. Hope that makes sense. I was bored one night and wanted to make a diff lookin mouse and that is what i came up with.

thanks m8..I'll give it a shot..it might just work for the half starved browns we have in the Bow, come the summer evenings.

Gonna give the stillwater more of a go this year, put these couple together to see what happens.

p2190623.jpg

Pic is elongated for some reason, can't figure it out

Nice line up. Every tried tying those dragons with foam boobie eyes? Makes for an interesting presentation

Yeah, that's exactly where they came from. 11/0 Japanese seed beads or something like that. Had to rip half the label off to open the vial so I'm not 100% sure that's what they're called. The hole in them is pretty small so if you're tying in the antron like I did you need to be very minimal on thread wraps. I used 12/0 Giorgio Bennecchi thread with one base layer and one layer over the antron and I still had trouble sliding the bead back over it.