Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying?

headscan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How'd you tie the extended body? Looks great

I used a rotary vice and a blank #8 streamer hook 3x long with wraffia as the main body. From there you can do almost anything you want to follow traditional patterns or not so traditional patterns.

• 2 weeks later...

Always tying a few flies here and there. Love the Overtons for touch dubbing, cant find it any more, or anything matching it, bought a case of 12 in the 70's. Just cracked my last one. :crybaby:

Overton's-don't see that much anymore. Looks like you've been busy.

Regards Mike

I tied a few of these up the other day. These ones have rubber but I also decided to tie a bunch more using stretch floss instead. I think I like the stretch floss better.

Pat's Rubberlegs

P1000622.jpg

Always tying a few flies here and there. Love the Overtons for touch dubbing, cant find it any more, or anything matching it, bought a case of 12 in the 70's. Just cracked my last one. :crybaby:

And here I thought I had the only remaining container of Overton's. Unlike you though, my single container has lasted me about 25 years, and it's only 1/3 gone. At the current pace it'll last till I'm 116. :lol: Terry

PS mine still has the price sticker on it -- $4.95 at the Fishin Hole.

And here I thought I had the only remaining container of Overton's. Unlike you though, my single container has lasted me about 25 years, and it's only 1/3 gone. At the current pace it'll last till I'm 116. :lol: Terry

What the heck your not 116 years old

Whe I get some time tonight I'll post what I have been ting.....

I tied commercially in another life. Mine are marked $3.50. This one will most likely last longer but I nee to research something to replace it. bhurt says I have to tie till I'm 116.

I tied commercially in another life. Mine are marked $3.50. This one will most likely last longer but I nee to research something to replace it. bhurt says I have to tie till I'm 116.

Pacres:el:toro

Overton's-don't see that much anymore. Looks like you've been busy.

Regards Mike

My Overtons is close to 30 years old, will be very sad the day it runs out.

Nice ties Lornce, need to work on my soft hackle patterns for the upcoming small stream season.

Colin

Nice ties Lornce, need to work on my soft hackle patterns for the upcoming small stream season.

Colin

I've got about half a tube left. I saw a used tube on Ebay a while back go for $30.

Regards Mike

Love those small streams, but winged and wingless wets work on big waters too....

Colin

Yea I saw that, out of my budget for sure, I'm sure there is something out there that would work as well for touch dubbing. Just have to find it.

I've got about half a tube left. I saw a used tube on Ebay a while back go for $30.

Regards Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Yea I saw that, out of my budget for sure, I'm sure there is something out there that would work as well for touch dubbing. Just have to find it.

Hi Lornce....so when this certain wax arrives from Wales m8, I'll let you know it's name/cost etc., cause after reading on 'how to make wax' that Roast posted, a m8 of mine is sending me what he uses...a very sticky wax, that he just dabs on the thread..even seal fur can't run away...................Wolfie