Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying?

headscan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordo I also like the loop on the SW. What wieght mono are you using and the other have you tried it with a hopper dropper set up.

again great idea

Wolfie Like your Steelhead Nymph could you supply material list.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :laxfisher::fish_jump:

Thanks Dennis, the mono is 20lb and yeah I add them to a lot of my hopper patterns. This is my synthetic hopper with dropper loop (although after some recent insight from Tungsten in regards to my Chernobyl hybrids; I'm looking at new ways to move the foam away from the gap).

LastRoll-17-1.jpg

Thanks Dennis, the mono is 20lb and yeah I add them to a lot of my hopper patterns. This is my synthetic hopper with dropper loop (although after some recent insight from Tungsten in regards to my Chernobyl hybrids; I'm looking at new ways to move the foam away from the gap).

LastRoll-17-1.jpg

this should be badass when teh stones are out dude! nicely done!

Nice ties Flyon, like the colors in that clouser a lot.

In regards to my last tie; Tungsten, the legs were pretty cheap (I cannot remember how much, but I found them in a discount bin at the Fish'n Hole). They only come in two colors that I could find (tan and olive).

Thanks for the other comments guys, always appreciate the feedback.

Cheers.

Thanks guys, the hackle is Hungarian Partridge (the father in law shot me a few this fall and I figured I'd better put them to use before he visits next week). I don't have a lot of experience fishing the wets, but I have a winter to read up, then again I tie better than I cast... maybe I can trade someone flies for some casting pointers :)

Guest Dennis59

Jordo if your going to do some reading get Dave Hughes book Wet flies. Very good Almost my Bible for soft hackles. Of course Slyvester Nims(spelling) books are great also.

Very nice tie.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :laxfisher::fish_jump:

Instead of ice-fishing this season, trying to tie a few flies. Much more comfy, so far. Gearing up for a little Andros fishing soon for Bones, maybe some Cudas, Sharks, Tarpon and whatever else;

Sal****er clousahs;

DSC06905.jpg

DSC06909.jpg

DSC06911.jpg

DSC06902.jpg

DSC06904.jpg

DSC06901.jpg

DSC06899.jpg

Mini-puffs;

DSC06879.jpg

"Wingless" Mini-puffs;

DSC06922.jpg

Various Gotchas;

DSC06930.jpg

LastRoll-17-1.jpg

I saw this on you tube and it is kind of a similar mono system to what jordo is using. It turns your hopper into an indicator that can be moved up and down your leader to adjust the nymphs depth.

Hope this link works:

I saw this on you tube and it is kind of a similar mono system to what jordo is using. It turns your hopper into an indicator that can be moved up and down your leader to adjust the nymphs depth.

Hope this link works:

Awesome find, I had toyed with some ideas on how to adjust the hopper but nothing ever worked. I'll be trying this method out for sure.

Thanks!