Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying?

headscan

Well, the weather sucks so I figured it was time to get down to tying while watching some college football. Whipped up some intruders and wrapped some wire worms. On to some midge nymphs next.

Green and black

web.jpg

Chartreuse

web.jpg

Hot pink and purple

web.jpg

So what's coming off everyone else's vises?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pink and white intruders, some blue and black trailer trash for the friends that are going to the Skeena area and some big skater dries. Wish i was going :crybaby: . Glad my flies have been working for all the boys that went , some still there, and more going next week . Nice feeling to be part of their success. Talked to a few guys last night lots of steelies being caught on Dries.

mikey

Nice ties Headscan just what i needed more ideas

No pctures handy but spent time tying doc spratelys, carey specials, various microleeches and a few chironomids.

I liked the photos of thoes wets as well as the intruders...the latter are hard on material it looks like, however I got the Nor-vise tube fly option and a decent supply of some of the right stuff...just waiting for a shipment to try tying those.

Only issue here is I know this may well lead to a real need to buy a spey rod....to partly replace my 8 weight Sage...

No pctures handy but spent time tying doc spratelys, carey specials, various microleeches and a few chironomids.

I liked the photos of thoes wets as well as the intruders...the latter are hard on material it looks like, however I got the Nor-vise tube fly option and a decent supply of some of the right stuff...just waiting for a shipment to try tying those.

Only issue here is I know this may well lead to a real need to buy a spey rod....to partly replace my 8 weight Sage...

Not too much material on those intruders. Dubbing or polar chenille, tinsel or wire, schlappen, marabou, lady amherst, krystal flash, and rhea (the only expensive thing). Ostrich can be substituted for rhea and it's much cheaper.

You don't need a spey rod to cast intruders and stuff, it's just easier on your arms if you chuck them all day. Anyhow, this thread isn't to debate single vs double handed rods (that's already been done to death). Nice ties everyone. Keep 'em coming.

I tied some chironimids...

web.jpg

Then got incredibly bored with them (slightly ADD) so I tied another intruder.

web.jpg

After tying a bunch of nymphs, figured I give a go at a new attractor pattern. I call it the August fly. It's really just a Stimulator hybrid, with rubber legs and a foam body.

foam.jpg

I like those ties quite a bit.

Those are nice and buggy looking. Should work well as both a hopper and stone.

Thanks! I figure if I can roll a Hopper/Stonefly and maybe a large Caddis into one fly I can cut back on the number of boxes I have to carry :)

Guest Dennis59

I like SD am tying wets partridge & green with an antron underwing deadly pattern also working a purple & snipe. Just received a couple a sets of snipe wings to make these beauties.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :laxfisher::fish_jump:

Been tying up a bunch of boatmen and caddis larva, plan to start on winter nymphs as bhurt mentioned. This long weekend has been devoted to building a bench for the winter months so my tools quit getting buried under a mound of materials.

Boatman001.jpg

photo2.jpg