Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying?

headscan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me how to post pictures?

I tried to post multiple pictures but the size allowed was too small. My camera is only a 5.1 megapixel point and shoot so I am thinking it's something else.

I want these pictures to be seen on the site, I don't want a link to an album.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can anyone tell me how to post pictures?

I tried to post multiple pictures but the size allowed was too small. My camera is only a 5.1 megapixel point and shoot so I am thinking it's something else.

I want these pictures to be seen on the site, I don't want a link to an album.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Upload to Photobucket, Flickr, or some other hosting service. Right click on the full-size version of the pic and select "copy image address". Click the Reply button on the forum, click the button that looks like a landscape picture and paste the address in the pop-up box. All my posted pics are hosted on my MobileMe gallery and don't show up as links.

I think I've reached a point where I have more than enough flies but I keep tying anyway. Today I was augmenting the Caddis box, here are two of my favorites from a long day of tying.

The Case Building Caddis;

casecaddis.jpg

And the Caseless Caddis

FreeCaddis.jpg

Awesome ties guys. Love seeing all the patterns

Was playing with a new camera from xmas on a #16 weevil. Shots are far more detailed than with the old camera but i think more practice is needed with the settings.

Evil.jpg

Which camera? That's some pretty badass macro...

Thanks Headscan.

It's a Sony DSC-H20. First camera I have had control over ISO, aperture, and shutter speed so there will definitely be a learning curve.

A couple of the streamers I've been tying up lately. Just some quicky pictures, so they are not great quality.

General Mcarthur

4225878798_50a087ae91.jpg

Grey Miller

4225109143_c0f61d6769.jpg

Black Cat

4225124141_9504faa6d3.jpg

Do you find it is harder to keep a fish on when using these long streamer hooks? This was one reason I went to tubes for this kind of tie.

Awesome ties guys. Love seeing all the patterns

Was playing with a new camera from xmas on a #16 weevil. Shots are far more detailed than with the old camera but i think more practice is needed with the settings.

Evil.jpg

That is one very clear photo

Thanks Dennis, the mono is 20lb and yeah I add them to a lot of my hopper patterns. This is my synthetic hopper with dropper loop (although after some recent insight from Tungsten in regards to my Chernobyl hybrids; I'm looking at new ways to move the foam away from the gap).

LastRoll-17-1.jpg

Jordo,

Sweet work man. I was wondering about your mono loop and how you tie it in, could you elaborate? I would love to use this method for my hopper/dropper setups.

Do you find it is harder to keep a fish on when using these long streamer hooks? This was one reason I went to tubes for this kind of tie.

Ya, they have a ton of leverage on a 10xl hook. these one are more for show, and a project I'm working on. The ones I fish with are usually tied either tandem, tube or waddinton / stinger.

Ya, they have a ton of leverage on a 10xl hook. these one are more for show, and a project I'm working on. The ones I fish with are usually tied either tandem, tube or waddinton / stinger.

Could you post a couple of photo's of these.

Kind of intrested in seeing how you went about things.

Wanna learn how to tie some classic wet's but I don't tie what I don't fish......

Jordo,

Sweet work man. I was wondering about your mono loop and how you tie it in, could you elaborate? I would love to use this method for my hopper/dropper setups.

Thanks Bezz, I just cut a small section of mono and tie in one of the ends near the eye of the hook. I wrap the thread over the mono down to the hook bend, measure out the loop and tie in the other side of the mono and wrap back up to the eye and super glue the whole mess together. Once it's dry then I tie the pattern over top. Drop me a PM if you need any further details about the pattern.

Cheers.

Could you post a couple of photo's of these.

Kind of intrested in seeing how you went about things.

Wanna learn how to tie some classic wet's but I don't tie what I don't fish......

I'll try to get a few picks up this week. For anyone interested, I'l be doing a demo for the streamers at the Spruce meadows show next month on the 22nd.