Fly Fusion Forums

The Official 09/10 Shack Nasties Thread (nsfw And Anything Goes), Be Forewarned This Thread Will Get Ugly.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well despite the recent economic crisis I have been busier than hell this summer and my fishing expeditions have suffered greatly.

I have had some unique fishing experiences such as a high country lake and probably one of my best days ever on the *******stone, but my number of days has been way down.

So after working 12 hour days 7 days a week for the last I don't know how long I decided to take off yesterday to one of my old haunts up north to chase some grayling. This was the creek where I really learned how to flyfish and had great fun there. The grayling were easy and plentiful and thee was even the odd native rainbow thrown in for good measure.

I chose to go there because it is far closer than any of the trunkroad rivers I usually like to fish and saw it as a chance to reconnect with my flyfishing roots.

WHAT A LOUSY ROTTEN DAY.

The fishing was horrible, the garbage and litter everywhere was unreal, the gun shots going off was unnerving, and it just generally sucked. The creek I liked to fish was very low and by the looks of it has not fared so well the last few winters. All the shrubs and bramble has done really well mind you. Caught plenty of willow. There are damn few wintering holes and it would seem they've been cleaned out. Along a giant stretch they have logged right down to the bank which was sad to see. I tried a few others in the neighborhood and didn't come up with much better results.

I did come across a small lake with brookies in it but the entire shoreline is floating muskeg and not sure if any of you have had the pleasure of being out on it but it's a real treat let me tell you. O course the fishing were rising and splashing just beyond where I was able to cast so I figured I'd put on my waders and see if I couldn't get closer. Well' the one thing about floating muskeg and I do actually know better is that it starts on the actual shoreline and grows out so at times it could be over some pretty deep water. Anyway I walked out on it thinking I'm going to catch one of these suckers if it's the last thing I do, I came out to a point at the water edge and there were real thick weeds just below the surface, how deep could it be really? Knee deep? Instead of taking a stick or sitting my ass on the edge to check I just stepped in.....I went in right up to my armpits still not reaching the bottom which I'm sure now has at least 2 feet of loon *hit on it, filled my waders and had to do the emergency fallen through the ice maneuver to get out.

It was a sad sad day of fishing.

On a positive note the fall colors were starting to come out and that's worth something and as the old saying goes a lousy day spent fishing is still better than a good day at work. Besides I've been fishing long enough that I could have driven twice as far to fish my more "prestigious" rivers and still had a rotten day.....at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Hopefully there are a few days left for me before the season is over.

Well despite the recent economic crisis I have been busier than hell this summer and my fishing expeditions have suffered greatly.

I have had some unique fishing experiences such as a high country lake and probably one of my best days ever on the *******stone, but my number of days has been way down.

So after working 12 hour days 7 days a week for the last I don't know how long I decided to take off yesterday to one of my old haunts up north to chase some grayling. This was the creek where I really learned how to flyfish and had great fun there. The grayling were easy and plentiful and thee was even the odd native rainbow thrown in for good measure.

I chose to go there because it is far closer than any of the trunkroad rivers I usually like to fish and saw it as a chance to reconnect with my flyfishing roots.

WHAT A LOUSY ROTTEN DAY.

The fishing was horrible, the garbage and litter everywhere was unreal, the gun shots going off was unnerving, and it just generally sucked. The creek I liked to fish was very low and by the looks of it has not fared so well the last few winters. All the shrubs and bramble has done really well mind you. Caught plenty of willow. There are damn few wintering holes and it would seem they've been cleaned out. Along a giant stretch they have logged right down to the bank which was sad to see. I tried a few others in the neighborhood and didn't come up with much better results.

I did come across a small lake with brookies in it but the entire shoreline is floating muskeg and not sure if any of you have had the pleasure of being out on it but it's a real treat let me tell you. O course the fishing were rising and splashing just beyond where I was able to cast so I figured I'd put on my waders and see if I couldn't get closer. Well' the one thing about floating muskeg and I do actually know better is that it starts on the actual shoreline and grows out so at times it could be over some pretty deep water. Anyway I walked out on it thinking I'm going to catch one of these suckers if it's the last thing I do, I came out to a point at the water edge and there were real thick weeds just below the surface, how deep could it be really? Knee deep? Instead of taking a stick or sitting my ass on the edge to check I just stepped in.....I went in right up to my armpits still not reaching the bottom which I'm sure now has at least 2 feet of loon *hit on it, filled my waders and had to do the emergency fallen through the ice maneuver to get out.

It was a sad sad day of fishing.

On a positive note the fall colors were starting to come out and that's worth something and as the old saying goes a lousy day spent fishing is still better than a good day at work. Besides I've been fishing long enough that I could have driven twice as far to fish my more "prestigious" rivers and still had a rotten day.....at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Hopefully there are a few days left for me before the season is over.

Oh yeah well I went out to my secret place and there were at least 15 other anglers there so I had to drive all over hell to find another spot. Then I get rigged up and see some rising fish, only to fall on a slippery rock, the fish go down and then a hurricane starts. I couldn't get a cast off for the life of me, so I left to do some yardwork.

There are people that come onto this forum that I wish I could dose in gasoline and set on fire, then they would diffently have something to bitch and complain about.

Seems like you like to bitch and complain about bitchers and complainers. That would make you a bitcher and complainer. I'll get the gas, you can light yourself on fire.

Seems like you like to bitch and complain about bitchers and complainers. That would make you a bitcher and complainer. I'll get the gas, you can light yourself on fire.

True story,

when I was a kid growing up I use to make match bombs out of match heads, gasoline, and film contains, well one day one of the bombs I was making decieded to go up in flames, and low and behold there were three other bombs right there. So long story sort, I went up in flames.

True story,

when I was a kid growing up I use to make match bombs out of match heads, gasoline, and film contains, well one day one of the bombs I was making decieded to go up in flames, and low and behold there were three other bombs right there. So long story sort, I went up in flames.

This actually explains a lot... <--poke--<

At least I have a excuse you were born stupid.

I am pretty sure if you were doing what you said as a KID then yes, you too were born stupid..

And we all know that you can't cure stupid.. so live with..

and before your gears grind in to motion NO I was not born stupid.... <--poke--<

Well it's all starting again.

It's that time of year. Shack NASTIES..........

Time to buy that winter coat.

I still hate all of you. Especially BigBowTrout because he never took me fishing.

That's too bad....he took me fishing.....I guess I mean more to him than you.

Your all just mad because your 45, work in an office, balding, drive a minivan, and fish once a month. sorry guys... just feeding the flames.

I call BUllshit..

I am 46 and have been retired since I was 44, 24 yrs in the biggest gang in Canada, The Canadian Armed Forces.. I fish all month every month of the year, and I drive a Toyota Highlander, AND MY HAIR IS DOWN TO MIDDLE OF MY BACK ..

I guess that was a self description you posted.. Hay Flamer Ohhh you typed feeding the Flames ... :opps:

I like this shack nasty *hit reminds me of my good old army daze.. given and getting *hit for nothing.. :devilbob:

:hanson:

Your all just mad because your 45, work in an office, balding, drive a minivan, and fish once a month. sorry guys... just feeding the flames.

How's that cast doing? Get lots of fishing in the last couple months? I bet it gets really itchy like ants crawling around in there. And you can't even scratch it...

... and I drive a Toyota Highlander, AND MY HAIR IS DOWN TO MIDDLE OF MY BACK ..

Brining out your old clothes from the clothes from the closet? Brading your pony tail and growing your bread? Bought a sick new ride.... sounds like a mid life crisis to me haha!

Mark, Cast is off, foot is hooped, and yes there was a dead ant inside the cast.

Andy,

When I am fishing all next week everyday all day long I will be sure to remeber you too.

BTW I am not 40 yet but I do feel my hair starting to thin out in some areas, I guess I need to get myself a head piece cause when the streamers aren't working I can always take it off put three hooks in it then I'll give a new meaning to chuckin cats and dogs.

Also how goes the ankle I bet you getting ALOT of fishin in.

Fishing all next week brad? Wont be doing that with out a few rides... hop on your broooom dude haha

xopspg.jpg

bhurt^

Screw that I will just roll down the hill to fish creek, I can walk but why bother when I got sucker friends that will pick me up and drive me around like royality.

Btw I had a good laugh at the photo, very amusing.