Fly Fusion Forums

The Official 09/10 Shack Nasties Thread (nsfw And Anything Goes), Be Forewarned This Thread Will Get Ugly.

Hey, how about we get together for a day of snagging big brown trout off their redds?

Just load up your heavy duty spinning outfit with 30lb test, throw on a big-ass treble hook & a splitshot, & we're good to go; don't worry about pinching the barbs down, either! Or, if you'd rather get out of the city, we can do the same with bull trout; bring a big cooler to bring 'em home in...

Sounds good to me brother!

How about we hit up the Liv or the Oldman on Sunday, Nov 1st? I have the day off.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, how about we get together for a day of snagging big brown trout off their redds?

Just load up your heavy duty spinning outfit with 30lb test, throw on a big-ass treble hook & a splitshot, & we're good to go; don't worry about pinching the barbs down, either! Or, if you'd rather get out of the city, we can do the same with bull trout; bring a big cooler to bring 'em home in...

Bad idea to transport bull trout, the dragnet of COs in the province will nail you for sure. As long as your illegal activity is confined to near a river, you should be ok.

Better to just cook 'em out there and feed them to the your dogs (I was fishing Racehorse last week and tried a big bull for shore lunch - it was awful). I didn't have my dog with me, so felt bad about having to just throw it back into the river.

Bad idea to transport bull trout, the dragnet of COs in the province will nail you for sure. As long as your illegal activity is confined to near a river, you should be ok.

Better to just cook 'em out there and feed them to the your dogs (I was fishing Racehorse last week and tried a big bull for shore lunch - it was awful). I didn't have my dog with me, so felt bad about having to just throw it back into the river.

I find bull trout better if you have a nice smoked bald eagle appetizer...

ha!

how about a 4 for 4 day, all wild summer run steels and all using the same fly?

da gods were with me tuesday. wednesday, not so much. today i went 1 for 2.

sigh, gonna miss it here...

Excuse me, Mr. Dune; could I have a word with you?

GET THE H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEYSTICKS OUTTA THE SHACKNASTIES THREAD WITH YOUR FISHING REPORTS!

YOU SHOULD ONLY BE IN HERE TO BITCH & MOAN ABOUT SHITE; & IF YOU'RE CATCHIN' STEEL & STILL BITCHING, YOU SHOULD BE

SHOT...& PISSED ON!

NOW, EFF OFF OUTTA THIS THREAD, & POST IN THE PHOTOS SECTION, OR THE B.C. FISHING REPORTS SECTION.

WHEN THE WEATHER IS CRAP & YOU CAN'T FISH AT ALL, YOU ARE WELCOME BACK IN THE SHACKNASTIES SECTION;

UNTIL THEN, PISS OFF!

(Seriously, dude, post some pics!) :angel:smail:

• 1 month later...

So I was fishing with Tiger Woods and his girlfriend and we each had a 100 fish day in a national park fishing egg patterns under an indicator on a spey rod while denying global warming and eating dolphin sandwiches with Tim Horton's coffee in the paper cups (which we threw in the ditch)...