Fly Fusion Forums

Loop 14' Spey With Loop Opti Megaloop Reel

toolman

At 3:00pm today, Tuesday, May 12, I drove off in the pouring rain, not realizing that I had left my Loop Blueline 14' 9wt. Spey rod (w/Loop Opti Mega Loop reel/Vision Spey Ace long belly line...), still leaning against the car. I was parked at the end of Riverside Drive, SE, which is the street into Carburn Park, on the east side of the Southland Pedestrian bridge.

When I returned at 5:30pm, it was gone... About a $2,000 replacement cost. Pretty disappointed.

Thanks,

Greg

Guest JayVee

Ouch! So sorry to hear that Greg. I'm going to send out some positive vibes tonight in hopes some honest person will return this to you.

At 3:00pm today, Tuesday, May 12, I drove off in the pouring rain, not realizing that I had left my Loop Blueline 14' 9wt. Spey rod (w/Loop Opti Mega Loop reel/Vision Spey Ace long belly line...), still leaning against the car. I was parked at the end of the street into Carburn Park, on the east side of the Southland Pedestrian bridge. When I returned at 5:30pm, it was gone... About a $2,000 replacement cost. Pretty disappointed.

Thanks,

Greg

Ouch. That is a bummer, Greg. I hope a honest guy found them and you will get them back. We heard some many great lost&found stories here, that I am optimistic for you.

Let's Try to Help Out!---- (either Toolman and/or Streamwatch)

This situation really sucks, as others have previously pointed out.

Toolman doesn't deserve this, as he has made so many valuable contributions to this forum, and has unselfishly spent a lot of time and effort organizing Spey Classes and other events to help others.

I would like to propose the following, since there are at least around 2940 or 3000 (??) members on this site. I would encourage everyone who has appreciated Toolman's contributions to each donate $10 or so to help replace his equipment, if it is not recovered. This could be done by signing up at this site, and hopefully someone (admin or other) could volunteer to collect the money and checks and keep track of what has been collected. All it would take would be around 200 contributions of $10 each to replace his outfit. My guess is that a lot more would be raised.

I would suggest that any funds collected in excess of the money ($2000 or so) that Toolman requires to replace his outfit, be donated to the Streamwatch program. Or, hopefully, if Toolman is able to find or recover his missing outfit, then all the money could be turned over to the Streamwatch program.

What do you all think? I would be happy to be the first one to pledge my $10.

Bighopper (Don)

At 3:00pm today, Tuesday, May 12, I drove off in the pouring rain, not realizing that I had left my Loop Blueline 14' 9wt. Spey rod (w/Loop Opti Mega Loop reel/Vision Spey Ace long belly line...), still leaning against the car. I was parked at the end of the street into Carburn Park, on the east side of the Southland Pedestrian bridge. When I returned at 5:30pm, it was gone... About a $2,000 replacement cost. Pretty disappointed.

Thanks,

Greg

I would check your home insurance if you have some. Mine covers misplaced/lost items and the deductible is your comprehensive amount $250 or $500. I am not sure but it should not affect your premiums. Might be worth a check.

good luck I hope you find it. I am quite sure if someone found it they would return it..

m

Fella's, I certainly do appreciate the kind offers of financail support, but I will have to decline with thanks.

Besides, I have not given up on my search and it may turn up sooner or later.

Thanks again, keep your eyes and ears open and spread the word. Someone out there has my rod and reel.

At 3:00pm today, Tuesday, May 12, I drove off in the pouring rain, not realizing that I had left my Loop Blueline 14' 9wt. Spey rod (w/Loop Opti Mega Loop reel/Vision Spey Ace long belly line...), still leaning against the car. I was parked at the end of Riverside Drive, SE, which is the street into Carburn Park, on the east side of the Southland Pedestrian bridge.

When I returned at 5:30pm, it was gone... About a $2,000 replacement cost. Pretty disappointed.

Thanks,

Greg

Man, that sucks. Hope this story turns out better. Was that the rod you were selling on here?

• 1 month later...

FOUND! The rod is toast, broken in two places, lower sections, (I must have driven over it), but the reel/line are fine.

A big thank you too the decent folks in the community of Riverbend. Norm and family who found the rod, as well as Bill from the Hook and Hackle club. Norm found the rod and brought it over to his neighbor, Bill. A reward was offered but declined.

And a big thank you to my Spey brother Doug (HAMMERTIME08), who knows Bill from the H&H club. I was sure happy to get the call from you, Doug. Also thanks to Louise at the Fishin' Hole for spreading the word.

Just goes to show, there's lots of good folks out there and I've had the pleasure too meet a few of them.

Thanks again to everyone at FFC for looking and caring.

Good Luck and Good Fishing everyone!

Greg Allard