Fly Fusion Forums

2009 Streamwatch Auction

toolman

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toolman, just a thought, but I guarantee that not a lot of people are going to be around sitting on there computer on their long weekend to bid on the items you're closing on Sat. Maybe stretch it into next week when people will have chance to rebid if they get out bid?

Would the forum moderator who has twice removed my post asking to move this thread to a location with more exposure please give me a damn good reason why my posts are being removed before I pull my auction items. What's the agenda here folks? Why not give this thing the proper exposure instead of hiding it down here where no one looks...Thank you.

Would the forum moderator who has twice removed my post asking to move this thread to a location with more exposure please give me a damn good reason why my posts are being removed before I pull my auction items. What's the agenda here folks? Why not give this thing the proper exposure instead of hiding it down here where no one looks...Thank you.

The topic is pinned. Also anytime a response is made made to the thread it pops to the top of the list in the VIEW NEW POSTS querey. Location on the forum should not make that much difference. I'm not sure what happened to your other posts, but I will look into it.

I asked to have the Auction put in Specail Events as it was constantly getting buried in the General Chat section at the beginning of the Auction. We have gotten a lot more traffic/exposure here and I do not wish to have it moved again.

What we really need is to have more folks donate items/services and make bids on the items. There has been very little corporate support this year. Maybe folks could ask their local flyshops why they don't support the very streams/rivers that pay their bills.

Thanks.

Corporations, fly shops, general public, most everyone is a bit afraid of spending money right now. Every auction I have been involved in recently has had massive problems raising money. Charity golf tournaments are having major problems as well.

When businesses are afraid to spend, it is up to user groups to do what they can to take up the slack. That is what is happening here. Based on other fund raising activities I have been involved in recently, this is doing excellent. We should focus on that instead of worrying about who isn't involved.

Keep it positive boys!

Corporations, fly shops, general public, most everyone is a bit afraid of spending money right now. Every auction I have been involved in recently has had massive problems raising money. Charity golf tournaments are having major problems as well.

When businesses are afraid to spend, it is up to user groups to do what they can to take up the slack. That is what is happening here. Based on other fund raising activities I have been involved in recently, this is doing excellent. We should focus on that instead of worrying about who isn't involved.

Keep it positive boys!

Agreed, lets not loose focus

:thor:

Let's keep it going....$425 on 15

Would have bid again on Taco's Cutthroat Safari (absolutely fantastic) but I think Gustuphson and I wore him out with last year's trip. He is now only willing to take one angler :D .